Why we should stick with Griese for this season, a non-Jay hater's opinion. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we should stick with Griese for this season, a non-Jay hater's opinion.

What's the QB situation?

• Keep Griese in as starter, start Fiedler next season

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Keep Griese in as starter period.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Let Fiedler start (if FULLY healthy, not questionable or doubtful)

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • Doesn't matter until the Dolphins get a decent WR.

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
As long as we have a chance to get to the playoffs (and you can't get to the Super Bowl without getting to the playoffs), we have to go with the quarterback who gives us the best chance to win. If we had an adequate offensive line, that would be Griese. But we don't, and I believe a healthy Jay Fiedler is the (marginally) best option.

As far as leaving Griese in "to see what he can do," I must invoke the words of Herm Edwards: "You play the game to win" -- not to evaluate talent.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
As far as leaving Griese in "to see what he can do," I must invoke the words of Herm Edwards: "You play the game to win" -- not to evaluate talent.

The sad fact is, neither QB will win for us. We can only win in spite of them.

Originally posted by RikWriter

The sad fact is, neither QB will win for us. We can only win in spite of them.

Following that logic, which I don't entirely disagree with, you have to go with the QB option that hurts you the least. With our O-line, I'd say that's currently Fiedler.

Following that logic, which I don't entirely disagree with, you have to go with the QB option that hurts you the least. With our O-line, I'd say that's currently Fiedler.
exactly!;)

If he were healthy, I would agree. But he isn't, and he's shown before that he always plays poorly coming back from an injury before he's fully healed.

Rik, I should have clarified that opinion assumes Fiedler is healthy and cleared medically to play. Obviously, if his knee cancels out his mobility, he and Griese are a push.

Rik, I should have clarified that opinion assumes Fiedler is healthy and cleared medically to play. Obviously, if his knee cancels out his mobility, he and Griese are a push.

Cleared medically in the NFL doesn't necessarily mean a player is healthy, as I am sure you are aware. I just keep remembering how badly Jay played coming back from the separated shoulder in 2001.

this is silly. but, so you know. my first post did not mention anyone in particular. you responded with something about fans not having anything to do with performance. i said you were right, but a real fan wouldn't give up. the dolphins have lost for 30 years, but that's nothing. they are plenty of teams that have lost for longer or have never won at all. In my book, a real fan doesn't give up in the middle of a playoff race.

I just keep remembering how badly Jay played coming back from the separated shoulder in 2001.

The difference in this situation is his injury does not affect his throwing mechanics, and thus should not impede his comeback nearly as much.

The difference in this situation is his injury does not affect his throwing mechanics, and thus should not impede his comeback nearly as much.

True. Hell, maybe the time off has let him try to get over the problem he's had with his thumb...

True. Hell, maybe the time off has let him try to get over the problem he's had with his thumb...

I think the time off will have helped in a number of areas. I just hope he's mobile when he does come back.

But, the better passer is Griese. If the recent changes to the O-Line continue to get better then Griese could have more time, which is what he needs.

Originally posted by MacAttack

But, the better passer is Griese. If the recent changes to the O-Line continue to get better then Griese could have more time, which is what he needs.

Ummm ... I haven't seen any evidence this offensive line is getting better.

At one point during the Raven game with all replacements in for Nails, Perry, and one other Ricky ran for 45 yds. To include more time to pass.

I read this in the Sun cant find the link now.

Back
Top Bottom