Why Would Any In-demand Hc Candidate Consider Us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Would Any In-demand Hc Candidate Consider Us?

dirwuf

Scout Team
Reaction score
Of the eight openings as of this moment, it's hard to make a case we are anywhere but near the bottom in attractiveness. We are going to end up with someone like Rex Ryan who is desperate for any job he can get...

Of the eight openings as of this moment, it's hard to make a case we are anywhere but near the bottom in attractiveness. We are going to end up with someone like Rex Ryan who is desperate for any job he can get...

• Miami has an owner that has no problem opening his wallet big if the HC succeeds.

• The weather is much better then most other parts of the country, so at least 8 games will feel good to be home.

• The Miami Dolphins are a storied organization that has not been good for a while, bring this team back to being competitive, the HC will be twice as admired then in most of the other places.

• Though many here will disagree, as well as so called experts outside the organization, there is very good talent to start with in thi team if you bring the right coaches.

• Though Miami would have to compete with a team like the Pat's, they are slowly coming down to Earth, eventually the Pat will be without Brady, and probably Belechick, add to that Jets and Bill's teams that are not very good...good plce to make a stand.

Yep , no qb here. Not many upgrades in free agents or drafts for qb, not much talent ( though many on this site think we are talented. Not a lot of cap room. Have to compete against pats. Buffalo and jets have qbs now.

Coaches have no reason to come here. This hasn’t been a storied franchise in forever. They don’t care about the weather. Their family might care though. People in the nfl really thought highly of gase and it turned out terrible for him in Miami. Other coaches will take notice. Careers die with this team with Ross as owner.

Yep , no qb here. Not many upgrades in free agents or drafts for qb, not much talent ( though many on this site think we are talented. Not a lot of cap room. Have to compete against pats. Buffalo and jets have qbs now.

Coaches have no reason to come here. This hasn’t been a storied franchise in forever. They don’t care about the weather. Their family might care though. People in the nfl really thought highly of gase and it turned out terrible for him in Miami. Other coaches will take notice. Careers die with this team with Ross as owner.
This is so far fetched. Do you think it possible that the guys we've hired just happened to not be good HC's? It's not like anyone who's ever been here has ever gone on to do anything worth a damn as a HC anywhere else. Ross opens the check book and stays out of the way... that's a dream for a HC.

1. It's a head coaching job.

2. The owner has deep pockets.

3. South Florida. People want to live here.

4. The owner just came right out and said that he understands that the team needs a fresh start and he is willing to accept a 3-13 season if it means long term success. In other words, the owner of the team just came right out and said he won't have a quick trigger finger if the team shits the bed year one.

It's not a terrible job. It might not be the most attractive head coaching vacancy, but it's not like some kind of horrible job that people will avoid like the plague.

Let me put this more simply, why would an in-demand coach plant his flag here with no quality QB or young one in the pipeline?....if we were a good team with just a hole at QB, maybe a good coach might come in and try with an Alex Smith type, but we aren't close to that either...

Chris Grier will find someone that wants to do what the Raiders did this year. Get younger work on the lines home grow some talent. The Rosters going to be a lot different. Good bye Wake, Kiko, Branch, Jones,

Why I would be interested if I were one of these HC candidates.
1. There are only 8 vacancies and more than 8 candidates.
2. Owner willing to open up the wallet
3. Willingness to wait and build long term so I can have a losing season or two
4. I'm not tied to anyone on the current roster cough**Tannehill**cough. I can bring in my own guys
5. I believe a good core of talent that is being misused
6. A loyal fanbase (Look how long some of them stuck with Gase and Tannehill)
7. The location-weather, taxes, etc...
8. Also, football is king here
9. An opportunity to succeed where other good ones have failed-Parcells, Saban
10. Ability to have a lot more cap space in one year.

• Miami has an owner that has no problem opening his wallet big if the HC succeeds.
  • The weather is much better then most other parts of the country, so at least 8 games will feel good to be home.

• The Miami Dolphins are a storied organization that has not been good for a while, bring this team back to being competitive, the HC will be twice as admired then in most of the other places.

• Though many here will disagree, as well as so called experts outside the organization, there is very good talent to start with in thi team if you bring the right coaches.

• Though Miami would have to compete with a team like the Pat's, they are slowly coming down to Earth, eventually the Pat will be without Brady, and probably Belechick, add to that Jets and Bill's teams that are not very good...good plce to make a stand.

I'd also add that if the last name is Harbaugh he would get full control

People underplay the Miami home field advantage too.

The heat is real. And the stadium is designed for the opposing teams sideline to bake in the sun.

We've done pretty well at home lately

Back
Top Bottom