Why Would Any In-demand Hc Candidate Consider Us? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Would Any In-demand Hc Candidate Consider Us?

Having a GM with complete control over the roster is a big sell /s

This is so far fetched. Do you think it possible that the guys we've hired just happened to not be good HC's? It's not like anyone who's ever been here has ever gone on to do anything worth a damn as a HC anywhere else. Ross opens the check book and stays out of the way... that's a dream for a HC.
This is so far fetched. Do you think it possible that the guys we've hired just happened to not be good HC's? It's not like anyone who's ever been here has ever gone on to do anything worth a damn as a HC anywhere else. Ross opens the check book and stays out of the way... that's a dream for a HC.

No it’s not. We will be saying the same thing when the coach gets fired in three years. No coach will win without a qb. Get a qb
Soprano , Campbell , gase all would have been a lot better. Gase brought himself down by sticking with tannehill.
There are not many great candidates and the top ones will not want to lose for 3 years.

It’s amazing people still blame tannehill for everything. The offensive line is embarrassingly bad. You’ve got 4/5 positions on the line manned by a total scrub or injured vet and James who should be on his way out the door if he expects big money.

On defense you have a horrible LB Corp that rotates in mike hull when alonso, another scrub, can’t play. They’re not bad at certain positions like other teams, they have total street bums starting.

When there are only 32 jobs of this nature, filling one of those spots should never be a problem.

The money and the prestige that come for success NFL HCs is only rivaled by a cushy job in a few select campuses in the Nation.

Otherwise this topic is weak to be kind about it.

It’s amazing people still blame tannehill for everything. The offensive line is embarrassingly bad. You’ve got 4/5 positions on the line manned by a total scrub or injured vet and James who should be on his way out the door if he expects big money.

On defense you have a horrible LB Corp that rotates in mike hull when alonso, another scrub, can’t play. They’re not bad at certain positions like other teams, they have total street bums starting.

What's amazing to me is despite 7 years of results, the Tannehill loyalists continue to deflect blame or minimize it.

When there are only 32 jobs of this nature, filling one of those spots should never be a problem.

The money and the prestige that come for success NFL HCs is only rivaled by a cushy job in a few select campuses in the Nation.

Otherwise this topic is weak to be kind about it.

Jeez...I'm not saying there won't be anyone to take the job, just that it's not the most attractive of the 8 out there...why are so many missing this simple point?

Jeez...I'm not saying there won't be anyone to take the job, just that it's not the most attractive of the 8 out there...why are so many missing this simple point?

"Most attractive" is a poorly way to word it, as it comes down to individual interests. And you nor I have a blanking clue what will entice someone to goto Denver or Cleveland over Miami.

Your making a characterization based on your own bias.

Fresh canvas
....with resulting low immediate expectations
... and with a few bonefide youngish keepers including Fitz, Tunsil, game-changer Wilson, Jones, Howard (hopefully) and Drake.

Having the kind of legacy success that could potentially place him in the pantheon of Shula and JJ

Great location to live and no state income taxes

The slow but sure divisional demise of the Brady/Belicheat Dynasty

Appreciative owner with deep pockets

I've sold or marketed processes, products & people for most of my adult life...and I assure you that the features herein can easily be translated into individually meaningful benefits.

"Most attractive" is a poorly way to word it, as it comes down to individual interests. And you nor I have a blanking clue what will entice someone to goto Denver or Cleveland over Miami.

Your making a characterization based on your own bias.

I'm pretty much reiterating what is being said all over the place...you find one expert that puts the Dolphins job in the top half of the openings and I'll be shocked.

If a Head Coach is afraid of a challenge, then yeah they shouldn't come here.

If a Head Coach expects to be gift-wrapped a championship roster, then yeah they shouldn't come here.

The Miami Head Coaches have all been given time to prove themselves.

Sparano (RIP) - 3 years (although this wasn't handled right)
Philbin - 3+ years
Gase - 3 years

All proved mediocre and under .500. 3 years is enough time to show something. If you think you should still have a job being mediocre, then this isn't the right job for you.

However, Grier and Ross will be evaluated by the HC candidates just as they are evaluating the applicants. I hope Grier can improve upon his talent evaluation. I hope it was just Tannenbaum with the shitty contract negotiations/extensions that ****ed over the salary cap year after year.

Back
Top Bottom