Why Would Any In-demand Hc Candidate Consider Us? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Would Any In-demand Hc Candidate Consider Us?

I'm pretty much reiterating what is being said all over the place...you find one expert that puts the Dolphins job in the top half of the openings and I'll be shocked.

Talking to the wrong guy by pointing to conventional wisdom or echo chamber nonsense.

It’s a franchise that’s been mismanaged for years but there’s still a lot of upside to the Miami job.

The stadium is great following its renovation. The owner as stated will spend money. The climate is great. Despite what some say there is some talent on the roster. Drake, Tunsil, Wilson, Grant, Stills, Fitzpatrick and Howard are talented guys a new HC can build around them.

If the new ethos is to build for the future we may even land Tua but stop gaps at QB such as Bridgewater (26) still have an upside. Then there’s old Father Time which at some point in the very near future will call time on Brady perhaps restoring parity to the AFC East.

Not every franchise is ready made for a guy to step in and take it to the play offs. Sure there’s a lot of work to do at Miami but if the plan is 2-3 years then he can build it steadily and not sign big name veterans on huge money.

The Browns were perhaps a play or two from having a better record than us.....the browns!!! Don’t give up hope. Ross didn’t buy us for nothing. He’s a winner but realises he tried to do too much too soon (understandably for a man in his 70’s)

Now he understands this has to be done methodically and calculated. The future could be much brighter. Let’s get a damn good coach in and a new QB and get this ship turned around.

Go Fins and happy new year!!!

What's amazing to me is despite 7 years of results, the Tannehill loyalists continue to deflect blame or minimize it.

What’s amazing to me is there are people ignorant enough to think one player is the cause for a decade of incompetence. Look what the colts did in one season, drafted an all pro guard and a starter at RT in one draft. Luck goes from sacked every 18 drop backs to every 32. See the difference? Tannehill was sacked 9 times against the jags. 8 were on the blocking per pff. Maybe try learning how to actually watch football?

I’m not saying he shouldn’t go but this qb wins stat is for football dummies.

Talking to the wrong guy by pointing to conventional wisdom or echo chamber nonsense.

So if you think most candidates will find us more attractive than the Jets with Darnold, Browns with Mayfield, Packers with Rodgers, and so on, you are entitled....I'm trying to be more objective.

There are reasons. That have been listed here. But Ted Slimm said something in another thread. Despite the reasons to be here, people have come here and ran away quickly, some leave as quickly as possible. This is a spooky thing to me. As if there is something rotten about the team. This is a major problem. The team needs a strong front office/ coach to come in here and strip it down to the frame and rebuild from there.

People underplay the Miami home field advantage too.

The heat is real. And the stadium is designed for the opposing teams sideline to bake in the sun.

We've done pretty well at home lately
This is why a HC would come here? I think the original Posters comment is valid if such things are the reason a HC would come to Miami. It is not the most attractive situation currently that's for sure.

This is why a HC would come here? I think the original Posters comment is valid if such things are the reason a HC would come to Miami. It is not the most attractive situation currently that's for sure.

No, this isn't the reason why

I was just piggy backing off a point someone else made before me

So if you think most candidates will find us more attractive than the Jets with Darnold, Browns with Mayfield, Packers with Rodgers, and so on, you are entitled....I'm trying to be more objective.
With the Jets, you're under the unrelenting/unforgiving microscope in NY; if you don't continue to develop Darnold, you'll look ineffective and the GM you have to work through has plenty of warts over the years. And then there's the Johnson Brothers.. Woody may be back in 2020 LOL.

The Browns are probably the best job because of Dorsey... and Baker and to a lesser extent, Chubb and Garrett. And their fans, like our fans are appreciative of a change of climate that breeds success. As the old joke goes, it IS Cleveland though!

GB fans expect success. Rodgers is the best, but he's also fragile and starting to decline with no back up plan in place. The rest of the roster is questionable. High, possibly unrealistic expectations.

Denver? Aside from throwing a bunch of money at Manning, Elway has done little to abet the franchise. They have talent and the prospective HC will be following a dumbass so that's a positive but good luck facing Mahomes and Rivers 4x a year.

There are reasons. That have been listed here. But Ted Slimm said something in another thread. Despite the reasons to be here, people have come here and ran away quickly, some leave as quickly as possible. This is a spooky thing to me. As if there is something rotten about the team. This is a major problem. The team needs a strong front office/ coach to come in here and strip it down to the frame and rebuild from there.

I think you need a guy who is going to come in and be the man, with complete authority, and who has a resume that commands respect, in order to turn things around here.

Need a veteran coach. Vic Fangio seems like a guy who deserves a head coaching gig, but I think this is the wrong fit.

The people scouting need to go, anyone responsible for Charles Harris or devante Parker need to go. The entire coaching staff needs to go. They’re all horrible. They need at least 3 new starters for the offensive line and some linebackers.

What’s amazing to me is there are people ignorant enough to think one player is the cause for a decade of incompetence. Look what the colts did in one season, drafted an all pro guard and a starter at RT in one draft. Luck goes from sacked every 18 drop backs to every 32. See the difference? Tannehill was sacked 9 times against the jags. 8 were on the blocking per pff. Maybe try learning how to actually watch football?

The ignorance was trying to compare Ryan Tannehill to Andrew Luck. That has been going on for years. Likewise the desperate comparisons to Russell Wilson.

Luck is eligible to return to elite status because he's always been elite. Ryan Tannehill with an improved offensive line is Ryan Tannehill.

Once Ryan Tannehill is gone nobody will care about him. He will be the equivalent of that caravan...before November 6 and after November 6.

I will point to PPG as a small but very important barometer.

As for the rest of the rant....I'm a inside out kinda guy. I would have taken Cody Whitehair over X. Howard, as I also would have taken Zach Martin if Jerrah had taken Manziel. So I understand trench warfare and its importance, especially in December and January.

Oh and this last draft, I loved Quentin Nelson.

So your emotions aside, Tannehill has never broken his mold. He has never been pushed and has never met expectations.

Be it playing WR for more collegiate starts than QB starts. His teams collapse from national prominence his Senior year with a 7-6 record and a few 2nd half collapses.

Or the complete snow job he has done on his loyalists and 3 HCs.

You really need to get some therapy for your Tannehill fixation......

What does that say of you? After 7 years, are you not tired of carrying his water? After 7 years of responding, shouldn't therapy be in order for you? Why do you feel the need to chime in, if you think it's a "fixation"? Projecting?

Of the eight openings as of this moment, it's hard to make a case we are anywhere but near the bottom in attractiveness. We are going to end up with someone like Rex Ryan who is desperate for any job he can get...

depending on how liberal you are with "in-demand," sometimes referred to as 'buzz' candidates, been there done that. Virgin HCs have a high failure rate. Guys like McCarthy? Don't discount his QB in his record. We've seen a number of experienced HCs not do well later.

But, to your topic . . . yeah, in-demand HCs will consider Miami. Depends on a number of factors. How was it who refused Miami because his wife preferred the west coast? Some may refuse because they want to be THE guy - HC, GM, starting QB. And, yes, some may refuse because they're offered a more complete team. Nonetheless, Miami isn't the trash heap some like to pretend. And if Tannehill IS the problem, that problem may solve itself. And money solves a lot of reluctance.

But, that's why I've preached luck my entire time here. I've already named variables beyond Ross' control. Here's another . . . if Miami DOES target a top HC (Harbaugh), his coming to Miami may depend on if he's offered another job he likes. If he isn't, Miami gets lucky. As for me, I'm done with 'buzz' candidates.

Back
Top Bottom