Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

In the nfl Pitts equals Waller or kelce

No one as skinny as smith in nfl

Pitts is a beast. Can’t say smith is a beast
One broke 100 yards 4 times his entire collegiate career.

The other won the Heisman and put up double digit catches, 200 yards, and 3 TDs in a single half in the most important game of his career.

Guess which one is a beast?

I think what they’re getting at is how can you say Smith wasn’t a beast as well?
Did I say he wasn't? No. I said "physically" there's not much of a comparison.

We've not seen many if any "cats" as physically "beastly" as Pitts.

Megatron comes to mind.

That's it.

People around here. So sensitive.

:shrug:

Jesus, dude, pump the brakes. You're deciding that Pitts will be better than a top 10 WR of all time before he's played based on measurables.

First, you're forgetting who's going to be throwing him the ball if he's in Miami. Not Stafford. Second, he's a potential guy. He's raw. Has the tools but Calvin Johnson was the most polished to come out besides Fitz in his generation.

I love the kid and I'm betting flo does too but you might be a bit excited there.

Calvin Johnson was not polished at all coming out of Georgia Tech LOL.

Did I say he wasn't? No. I said "physically" there's not much of a comparison.

We've not seen many if any "cats" as physically "beastly" as Pitts.

Megatron comes to mind.

That's it.

People around here. So sensitive.

:shrug:
If Megatron... who was faster and more fluid than Pitts is your only physical comparison, you haven't been watching football for very long.

Since you keep mentioning PItts with Calvin Johnson as a comparison despite the fact that Calvin Johnson was a tenth of a second faster, how about I go the other way and take that tenth of a second and compare Pitts to another player...

6'5.5" (Pitts taller by 1/8")
247lbs (Heavier than Pitts)
41" vertical (99th percentile, 7.5" higher than Pitts)
10'9" broad jump (99th percentile, same as Pitts)
4.54 40 (0.1s difference is pretty much the same, right?)
4.1 shuttle (97th percentile, faster than Pitts's 4.3)
6.76 3 cone (99th percentile, faster than Pitts's 7.12)
82 1/2" wingspan (Pitts with 7/8" larger. Literally less than an inch difference)
Both had 22 reps at 225.

Seems to me this mystery player has a larger catch radius due to his vertical and is more agile with a very slight difference in straight line speed.

You need to be very careful with just assuming someone's athletic ability is either A) special or B) a large indicator on their production like you have been doing non-stop with Pitts.

Pitts has a 9.9+ relative athletic score to his position out of 10. So did this player at TE at 9.97. There are others who have been 10.0 which have been even more athletic than Pitts at their size and you get amazing names such as Tony McGee, Scott Eccles, and Jason Dunn.

Who's the player? Take a guess because he's already on the Dolphins and plays the same position.

If Megatron... who was faster and more fluid than Pitts is your only physical comparison, you haven't been watching football for very long.

Since you keep mentioning PItts with Calvin Johnson as a comparison despite the fact that Calvin Johnson was a tenth of a second faster, how about I go the other way and take that tenth of a second and compare Pitts to another player...

82 1/2" wingspan (Pitts with 7/8" larger. Literally less than an inch difference)
Both had 22 reps at 225.

Seems to me this mystery player has a larger catch radius due to his vertical and is more agile with a very slight difference in straight line speed.

You need to be very careful with just assuming someone's athletic ability is either A) special or B) a large indicator on their production like you have been doing non-stop with Pitts.

Pitts has a 9.9+ relative athletic score to his position out of 10. So did this player at TE at 9.97. There are others who have been 10.0 which have been even more athletic than Pitts at their size and you get amazing names such as Tony McGee, Scott Eccles, and Jason Dunn.

Who's the player? Take a guess because he's already on the Dolphins and plays the same position.
I get it. MIKE G. It's not all about the "relative athletic score, tbh"..never claimed it was.

Pitts is a better prospect, anyone that says he isn't/wasn't coming out of college is fooling themselves.

But I like Mike G..he's good. Just doesn't have quite the hands or quite the Receiving ability of Pitts..and I know that will be shown at the next level.

Not to known MG, though. Great athlete. Former volleyball player. Good player. Seems to be a good dude.

I'd love to see them both on the Dolphins!

I'd love to figure out how to make it work!

Let's curb the hostility, eh? Both ways? If you want. If not, that's cool, too. :shrug:

I get it. MIKE G. It's not all about the "relative athletic score, tbh"..never claimed it was.

Pitts is a better prospect, anyone that says he isn't/wasn't coming out of college is fooling themselves.

But I like Mike G..he's good. Just doesn't have quite the hands or quite the Receiving ability of Pitts..and I know that will be shown at the next level.

Not to known MG, though. Great athlete. Former volleyball player. Good player. Seems to be a good dude.

I'd love to see them both on the Dolphins!

I'd love to figure out how to make it work!

Let's curb the hostility, eh? Both ways? If you want. If not, that's cool, too. :shrug:
My only point is that nobody in this draft is generational. Not a single one. I said the same earlier this offseason when people were drooling over Sewell and I'm saying the same thing now with Pitts.

Is he a better prospect than Gesicki? Of course, but as I've said a million times Pitts isn't much different than players before him and I would've liked to have seen more production in college to go with this hype that will inevitably die down by draft day like it always does.

If we end up with Pitts at #6? Fine. Whatever, but the "OMG IF CHASE AND PITTS ARE GONE FIRE GRIER" attitude that is showing up after their Pro Days is nauseating. Not saying you're part of that, but just trying to temper expectations where I can.

My only point is that nobody in this draft is generational. Not a single one. I said the same earlier this offseason when people were drooling over Sewell and I'm saying the same thing now with Pitts.

Is he a better prospect than Gesicki? Of course, but as I've said a million times Pitts isn't much different than players before him and I would've liked to have seen more production in college to go with this hype that will inevitably die down by draft day like it always does.

If we end up with Pitts at #6? Fine. Whatever, but the "OMG IF CHASE AND PITTS ARE GONE FIRE GRIER" attitude that is showing up after their Pro Days is nauseating. Not saying you're part of that, but just trying to temper expectations where I can.
Got it..Got you. I love Pitts as a player/person and as a Gator fan.."'generational' talent" is a bit over-the-top of a term when no one knows for sure! But yeah. I get what you mean. 100%.

Both had 22 reps at 225.

Their college production is similar as well, Pitts is a great prospect but the fluffing is a bit out of hand

Yep...getting an Offensive Playmaker at 6 overall is what we need. As long as we accomplish that we are good to go in 2021

Back
Top Bottom