Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

WTF are you talking about? Van Pelt outperformed Marino?

Oh so you think Jaylen Waddle is all speed and no substance like Ruggs?

Disagree, 100%.

Oh btw: Jefferson was the 5th WR taken..maybe Smith should be 5th? :shrug:
Jefferson was taken later due to poor evaluation as people under-estimate how important route running and hands are and instead focus on size and speed. Kind of like what many here are doing with Smith. Smith is easily the best route runner and has the best hands of the top three. That's what translates to NFL success.

Jefferson was taken later due to poor evaluation as people under-estimate how important route running and hands are and instead focus on size and speed. Kind of like what many here are doing with Smith. Smith is easily the best route runner and has the best hands of the top three. That's what translates to NFL success.
We'll see if you're right..I have my doubts...as do many scouts and such.

I looked it up. They didn’t win it, but they did beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. They were ranked #1 at times while Marino was there. Marino had a higher QB rating than Van Pelt. He also had more TD passes. Van Pelt had more yards and more attempts.

I really don’t see the comparison, seeing how they were not draft eligible the same year.

Didn’t Marino lead Pitt to a NC?
They won a NC in 1976..Marino wasn't at that school until 1979...at least that was the first season he played for them.

Check out these career stats for Dan Marino @ Pitt:

57.6% completion percentage
8597 yards passing
7.1 yards per attempt
79 Touchdowns
69 Interceptions
127.7 rating

With all you "Statistics" people on here..Danny Marino should have made the Hall of Lame in the NFL, not be a first ballot Hall of Famer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :KIP:

They won a NC in 1976..Marino wasn't at that school until 1979...at least that was the first season he played for them.

Check out these career stats for Dan Marino @ Pitt:

57.6% completion percentage
8597 yards passing
7.1 yards per attempt
79 Touchdowns
69 Interceptions
127.7 rating

With all you "Statistics" people on here..Danny Marino should have made the Hall of Lame in the NFL, not be a first ballot Hall of Famer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :KIP:
Football is a team sport. Marino set passing records while in college. His stats are not bad for the time he played.

Not making excuses at all. I don’t think the guy comparing Van Pelt to Marino made a valid point.

Back
Top Bottom