Why Would You "go Get" One Of These Guys? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Would You "go Get" One Of These Guys?

I mean if we are in the market of waiting for a qb let's wait 2 more years for that stud named Trevor Lawrence.

I don't think very many people at all have a clue when it comes to evaluating QB's. Some teams appear to know what their doing but if you look at how things unfolded.

NE was the luckiest team in the history of the NFL to get Tom Brady in the 6th round.

GB was also pretty lucky to get Rodgers after everyone had passed. You could say the same about Miami and Dan Marino. Doesn't take too much balls to take a shot on a QB at the end of round 1.

I see a couple evaluators say that Josh Rosen would be QB1 in this draft but yet here are the cardinals ready to trade him for a guy many have rated lower.

You trade up for a QB and he balls out, your a genius....and mostly by luck.

Now we keep hearing Miami loves Justin Herbert. I don't see the big deal. Especially when compared to Drew Lock. Look at the numbers.

It's a crap shoot with the winner looking like he knows what he's doing. Some things you just cannot measure.

I think your premise is 100% backed by statistical evidence -- it's a WAG at worst and a dart throw at best.

Sure -- there may be a "guaranteed super hero QB" in the draft

but overwhelming odds are there isn't!

For me -- that means trading up for a QB should be reserved for lunatics and those with draft capital to blow!

QB is priority number one... you get your QB when you can... you don’t pass... see Dolphins passing on Brees, Rodgers and Ryan....if you get the QB, you can build around it in today’s in NFL... without it... you have nothing!

Well most here don't think "your QB" is in this draft. Its that simple. If we could get Murray that would be great but I dont see that happening.

My gut tells me the top prospects next year (including the one or two QBs nobody expects that come out of nowhere) will be better prospects than Haskins, Lock, Murray, etc.

Do not draft a QB in 2019. Find your guy in 2020.

If you have a conviction, you go for it. Miami is stockpiling picks for 2020, but they could use them now if they are convinced on Haskins or Lock.

In my view, Lock isn't a good fit. At least if the Dolphins are planning to use a similar offensive system as New England.

Haskins would seem like a great fit, but have to weigh that against the 2020 quarterback class.

QB is priority number one... you get your QB when you can... you don’t pass... see Dolphins passing on Brees, Rodgers and Ryan....if you get the QB, you can build around it in today’s in NFL... without it... you have nothing!

That's why... when you have "a guy" (aka JAG) already and after the 2nd or 3rd year he hasn't proven to be a difference maker (for ANY reason) then you should have someone else in the fold...a back up or practice squad guy that you are developing.... (BTW you probably don't sign an underachiever to another few YEARS of mediocrity)

Our issues are many but ignoring the "priority number one" for years is why we are in this mess....

Your reply feels like panic mode..... while I don't disagree with your passion for an above average QB this should never have happened … to any team really...

Another poster suggested NOT drafting a QB at all this year...wait until 2020... another mistake..... Draft a QB every year until you have what you want under center and a capable back up.... Pipe dream? I don't think so... just don't over reach and while your sifting.....

BUILD A DAMN TEAM ….Teach preach and hold players and COACHES accountable for EXECUTION...

A ham sandwich walked into a bar and the bartender says.... We don't serve food here :lmfao:

:offtopic: …… :out:......:surr:

That's why... when you have "a guy" (aka JAG) already and after the 2nd or 3rd year he hasn't proven to be a difference maker (for ANY reason) then you should have someone else in the fold...a back up or practice squad guy that you are developing.... (BTW you probably don't sign an underachiever to another few YEARS of mediocrity)

Our issues are many but ignoring the "priority number one" for years is why we are in this mess....

Your reply feels like panic mode..... while I don't disagree with your passion for an above average QB this should never have happened … to any team really...

Another poster suggested NOT drafting a QB at all this year...wait until 2020... another mistake..... Draft a QB every year until you have what you want under center and a capable back up.... Pipe dream? I don't think so... just don't over reach and while your sifting.....

BUILD A DAMN TEAM ….Teach preach and hold players and COACHES accountable for EXECUTION...

I think they take a QB, but it will not be in the first 2 rounds.

I think some are falling in love with hot names of Haskins and Lock, because they might be the only 2 available at 13.

I also find it funny that people think they know FOR SURE that none of these QBs will be great in the NFL.

It's a guessing game. Some guesses have better odds than others, but there's no saying that one of these quarterbacks can't be great in the NFL.

Nobody knows. Just like nobody knew Tom ****ing Brady would be a HOF player when he was coming out into the NFL and just like nobody drafted Tony Romo.

Take a QB in this draft if you like one bad enough. But your job is toast if that guy fails.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/5-bold-round-1-predictions-for-2019-nfl-draft

Lock is a four-year starter in the SEC; Haskins is a one-year starter in the Big 10, which hasn't exactly produced great NFL QB talent in recent years.

Does not matter one bit. It’s always silly to me when fans try to use the past to predict the future. That may work when predicting human behavior, but it doesn’t work when evaluating players from the same schools/programs.

At one time Michigan had never produced a QB like Tom Brady until they did. Their past had nothing to do with his future. Nor does Brady’s career have anything to do with future Wolverine QB’s.

You have to judge Haskins and Lock on their own merits.

Perhaps Lock is a 4-Year starter because he wasn’t good enough to leave early. But perhaps he’s developed into a good enough player. Perhaps Haskins didn’t need the same seasoning in college as Lock did.

Who knows which will be better or if they’ll both stick. Judging it off the history of the program or by which played longer isn’t going to give you that answer.

I'd be down with taking Haskins if he fell to 13. He would provide leadership at the QB position this team hasn't seen in a long time.

And would be down with still taking one of the top QBs in 2020 as well. It would be nice to have some competition at that position for once.

I also find it funny that people think they know FOR SURE that none of these QBs will be great in the NFL.

It's a guessing game. Some guesses have better odds than others, but there's no saying that one of these quarterbacks can't be great in the NFL.

Nobody knows. Just like nobody knew Tom ****ing Brady would be a HOF player when he was coming out into the NFL and just like nobody drafted Tony Romo.

Take a QB in this draft if you like one bad enough. But your job is toast if that guy fails.

The flip side is people falling in love with names that "might" be available in 2019. Nevermind the upper crust is already gone.

This is all a crap shoot and opinions right now.

But outside of Murray, I struggle with the take a QB in the 1st round at any costs in 2019.

I disagree. Jake Fromm is better than Haskins at that right now, and Tua is as well. The jury is still out on Justin Herbert, but he has a chance also.

What supports your claim that these guys are better? Tua is not more accurate and is surrounded by more talent. I like Fromm but his stats pale compared to what Haskins just did. Herbert sucks sorry. Everyone on this site is enamored with Murray but most see Haskins as the better prospect.

As for other posts complaining of giving up picks, most of those won't get us elite talent and we still will have around 100 mil to spend on Free Agents! No one mentions all the money we will have to help build this back up.

What supports your claim that these guys are better? Tua is not more accurate and is surrounded by more talent. I like Fromm but his stats pale compared to what Haskins just did. Herbert sucks sorry. Everyone on this site is enamored with Murray but most see Haskins as the better prospect.

As for other posts complaining of giving up picks, most of those won't get us elite talent and we still will have around 100 mil to spend on Free Agents! No one mentions all the money we will have to help build this back up.
Let me get this straight, you discounted Tua because he has more talent surrounding him, but somehow you think Haskins doesn't? Watch over half of that offense play in the NFL. Ohio State is as loaded as Alabama talent-wise, and they play in a less competitive conference. Fromm also has plenty of talent on his team, but not as much as Haskins and Tua do. And Fromm did it in the ultra-tough SEC, just like Tua.

Five years from now nobody will compare Haskins to any elite QB, but IMHO, they will be still be talking about both Fromm and Tua. Kyler Murray is special, and I've said that since before people even were sure he was going to be a 1st rounder. But after Murray, none of these other QB's are good enough, and that definitely includes Haskins. My claim is supported by watching them play. If you're reading boxscores and hype-articles, you're not going to agree, but the precision with which Fromm throws and the ultra-quick vision and analysis make him a fantastic prospect. Tua is a hair off on both of those things, but his savvy/moxy and mobility make up for it. Haskins is just another guy. How many awesome collegiate QB's that fizzled in the pros has Ohio State produced? Lots. I'm not a believer.

Perhaps Lock is a 4-Year starter because he wasn’t good enough to leave early. But perhaps he’s developed into a good enough player. Perhaps Haskins didn’t need the same seasoning in college as Lock did.

perhaps he or they just suck... who knows???

The point is , regardless of their college experience, I would not trade ANYTHING for either... if they fall then ok give it a shot... our team is not in apposition to gamble resources... should have been laying groundwork to replace Tannehill after year 3 at the latest... what's the downside?.... who knows maybe Thill still struggles to become what is needed and the guy you're grooming fails but this organization should have been more proactive in finding the right guy

Back
Top Bottom