Why Would You "go Get" One Of These Guys? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Would You "go Get" One Of These Guys?

No man. First a QB has to have a gun. Will Grier does not have a gun. Lock has a gun. It's not close between the two. Production in college is very important, but gun comes first.

Will Grier is in a class of small framed small armed QBs who are not very athletic. We do not won't that if it's free. We want big arm, big frame, athletic QB. And then comes the production.

My favorite quarterback prospect for the Dolphins other than Haskins and Lock, is Manny Wilkins. That dude has a gun, and has athleticism, and his production was solid. He also needs to sit out a year. He is my #4 quarterback this year. If the Dolphins do not take a QB in the 1st round, that's the guy they should target. Not Will Grier. (I scratched out Finley, he is undraftable.)

The post was about Lock. I used the Grier Tweet because it shows how Lock stacks up - particularly on short and medium passes. I think Grier and Lock are both longshots for different reasons. If you prefer Lock, that's fine with me.

No man. First a QB has to have a gun. Will Grier does not have a gun. Lock has a gun. It's not close between the two. Production in college is very important, but gun comes first.

Will Grier is in a class of small framed small armed QBs who are not very athletic. We do not won't that if it's free. We want big arm, big frame, athletic QB. And then comes the production.

My favorite quarterback prospect for the Dolphins other than Haskins and Lock, is Manny Wilkins. That dude has a gun, and has athleticism, and his production was solid. He also needs to sit out a year. He is my #4 quarterback this year. If the Dolphins do not take a QB in the 1st round, that's the guy they should target. Not Will Grier. (I scratched out Finley, he is undraftable.)

Well, he can certainly float them.

I thought you prefered pocket Qbs. The limited clip makes it look like his instinct is to run. And he better take the hurdle out of his game.

All and all looks like a solid athlete.

IMG_4285.PNG

The limited clip makes it look like his instinct is to run. And he better take the hurdle out of his game.

All and all looks like a solid athlete.

He does seem to run a bit.... he doesn't impress me as a starter in the NFL but who knows …. maybe with the right coaching staff...

I know it is a crap shoot but I saw one site ranking him as the 426th rated player in the draft and around the 20th rated QB.... I don't know a lot about scouting but these numbers look more like undrafted.... practice squad?

I haven't heard anyone talking about Brett Rypien….

Like most he has some flaws but are they coachable?

I'd rather be about going to get Nick Bosa. Do something real.

Well, he can certainly float them.

I thought you prefered pocket Qbs.

No, I do not "prefer" pocket quarterbacks. A quarterback MUST be able to play from the pocket, it's not a preference, must have a gun, pocket presence, and deliver, lead from the pocket. Must. But if he is also athletic, quick, can run, that is great. It's a positive. We want that too, but it is a secondary consideration.

Manny Wilkins has that. Obviously he is not elite in anything, there are things to work on, but Manny Wilkins is an NFL type quarterback. Top 4 quarterback in this class, next year, last year, any year.

Slinging it from far hash and moving with quickness and athleticism
https://media.giphy.com/media/hRxNVP1bwiaReUdKRx/giphy.gif

Far hash, from the pocket, no problemo.
https://media.giphy.com/media/PjJ0FLcspb7UQVg6Hz/giphy.gif

There are thing to improve. He needs to score more, completion percentage is just okay at 63%, his attempts were a little low at 397 last year. (490 adjusted for 16 games).

If you want NFL level "Josh Rosen," this is it, Manny Wilkins. He is quick and has a quick gun, and with him we can work on scoring and improving completion percentage, efficiency. He is an NFL level developmental prospect, not Josh Rosen. He is better than Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Sam Darnold. Those guys are undraftable because they are garbage, they have too many problems.

Last edited:
I worry that there’s a lot of panic about drafting a QB from the fan base and one of these QBs is wanted simply because they are a QB. We need to draft the right QB, not just a QB. If that means we roll with only Fitzpatrick this season because the right QB is in 2020, that’s exactly what we should do.

But taking a longshot QB simply because he’s a QB, in lieu of a blue chip defender, puts us in another situation where we have Tannehill instead of Luke Keuchly. I’m on board with taking an Ed Oliver or Devin White and waiting for that 2020 class of QBs if that’s where our QB of the future is. But passing on players who have the talent to be All Pros to take a player like Lock is how we stay irrelevant as a team for another decade.

Back
Top Bottom