Will Brinson of CBS Sports early season predictions. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Brinson of CBS Sports early season predictions.

Check It Out Tim And Eric GIF

I think a lot of it has to do with hype or shock value in these preseason prognostications. I've seen talking heads predicting the Jets at 13-4.

The Jets could be good and might challenge for a playoff spot, but I think they fall in the 7-9 win range.

I really believe the division comes down to Miami and Buffalo. Dolphins win it if Tua plays close to 17 games.

Agreed.

I never quite get the SOS when ranking divisions though. Outside of like 2 games, Bill Jets and Pats play the same teams.

But yes, I would rather be the underdog
Was 2 games with the 16 game schedule, didn’t it go up to 3 with the extra NFC opponent with the 17 game schedule.

Clearly he doesn’t have faith in Tua’s durability…with the schedule…8-9 is not impossible?

If he’s right about Tua?, only a good 2nd year progression by Skylar Thompson could make his prediction unlikely!

Clearly he doesn’t have faith in Tua’s durability…with the schedule…8-9 is not impossible?

If he’s right about Tua?, only a good 2nd year progression by Skylar Thompson could make his prediction unlikely!

Miami was better then 8-9 last year with an injured Tua.

Fangio
Healthy Howard, Ogbah, Brandon Jones
Ramsey and Long

Miami is better equipped to handle a potential QB injury.

So.... 8-9 is very unlikely IMO

I highly doubt the most talented roster Miami has had, with Tua and his injuries, will result in the first losing season of the Tua era

if old ass aaron rodgers gets injured the jets will be a 5-6 win team if that..

if Pat Mahomes gets injured the chiefs will have a losing record..

the premise is ****ing stupid

Exactly.

Didn't Mahommes end the season hobbling around?

Josh allen too. Well elbow arm issues.

These "Titans" who play through injuries eventually break down.

Playing through injuries starts turning into missed games. Especially when you play like they do

Mahommes and Allen are just as likely to miss some games this year as Tua IMO.

Heck didn't Rodgers have a 3 year span where he kept getting hurt. I remember the collar bone.

NEVER wishing or asking for it. But just an observation.

If Tua goes down for the season in week one maybe. Do you think that's what the guy is basing it on?

It's a common opinion that we have one of the most talented rosters in the league. Sure, that is ultimately decided on the field, but that's true for most teams not from KC or Philly. The difficulty of our schedule is being blown away out of proportion by some too. No brutal cold weather games, no opponents coming off a bye, no mid season, extended west coast trips.

Anyway, did you read the article? He didn't use that as reasoning. In fact, he didn't mention the Dolphins at all. Now compare that to some of the other power rankings out there (not that I think they are all that meaningful). I'd say it's pretty obvious the prick has some negative bias toward the team going on.
Glad I read the thread before posting... you nailed it as usual. I suspect EZ didnt even read the article because there's 0 mention of us in his reasoning. Gotta agree there's some sort of bias, I mean ffs he has New England ahead of us?

You're a broken record man

ol willy brinson didnt even mention that, so you're just assuming???

he didnt mention tua. he didnt mention us at all. my personal assumption is that hes assuming tua missing several games. alot of the other heads are saying with tua, sb contender, without...sub 500.

the reason i said he would use tua as an assumption is because tuas health is the major talking point. these other qbs we are saying...team will suck without...dont have the concussion or injury history of tua.

like damn most of us expect armstead to only play 12 games and we love him. its plausible to think some people only ecpect tua to play 12 games

we aint wishing for what Bluefin says, but it is a very legit hypothesis

I saw these predictions earlier today and I have to admit I was quite surprised he had us with a losing record and last in the East.

Even more surprising he has NE ahead of us. People seem to be forgetting that Mike White played fairly solid last year when the Jets inserted him as starter. I think if Tua was to go down for the usual 3/4 games were in a much better position with White than we ever were with TB or SW. Mike White can hold the fort for a month if Tua goes down.

If the prediction does come true or even close to it… we will have a new head coach and new QB next season. If we finish with a losing record or even with a winning record but last in the East and miss the playoffs… what a debacle that would be considering we are definitely all in roster and cap wise.

Everyone seems to be fixating on how tough the Fins schedule is going to be.

The fact of the matter is all the teams who have to play Miami have a tough schedule too.
True. Plus, every team in the AFC East has a similar schedule.
Thank you.

As someone who is eagerly anticipating the games against the Chiefs and Eagles, I scoff at the notion that we have a hard schedule. We knew our opponents already and if anything, the league did us quite a few favors in the order these 17 contested were scheduled.

I said before last season started that I wanted to play Buffalo 17 straight games. I was right to be confident then and I think I am just as right, now.

I want to play Kansas City TODAY.

14 teams on our schedule have no idea how they are going to defend us.
Whoever comes out of the AFC East will be battle tested. Should bode well in the postseason.

On the other side of that coin, it might be difficult to get two playoff teams from the east.

Back
Top Bottom