Will Ez E Beat Out Wilson For #3 Role? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ez E Beat Out Wilson For #3 Role?

EZ is getting coached up by Wes Welker! I'm so happy that Welker is here helping Miami get better and better. That guy is so intense that it's unreal. Check him out on the sideline his blue eyes bugging out of his head. EZ is his project and WW was raving about the kid. He said that EZ is a willing pupil, he wants to be the best and he is more than willing to put the work in. It's great to hit on a draft pick, isn't it!! IMO it doesn't matter who is the 3 or the 4. They might be on the field together sometimes. Whoever is producing on the field will get more touches.

EZ will have his packages, Wilson will have his.

Alot of it depends on the running game. If the running game is going then opportunites will go down for both. I think Cedric will be used as more along the lines of true slot and EZ will be used more to give Waddle/Hill a breather. If McD has his way im sure neither one touch the field since he'd prob love to be running running running in a 21 offensive allignment

I don't get the logic there. If we are running 4 wide with a back, there is no in line TE on the field at all. There's no reason MG can't be one of the 4 wide package. In fact, that's a set where there will definitely be a mismatch somewhere.

You say he isn't a complete TE, then you say he should sit, and not be used as a receiver?

You can rightly criticize his blocking skills as below average, but there is no denying he is one of the best pass catching TEs in the NFL.

Because I believe E or Wilson against a 4th corner/lb or safety creates a bigger mismatch and bigger play making ability than Gesicki. He’s just never looked fluid or create a ton of space getting open. Love Mike G as a leader but we need guys that will create separation and gain yac after the catch. If he can’t block then having a tight end on the field just gives us a worse wideout and doesn’t effectively hide our play call if he can’t hold his own on play actions or runs.

I don't get the logic there. If we are running 4 wide with a back, there is no in line TE on the field at all. There's no reason MG can't be one of the 4 wide package. In fact, that's a set where there will definitely be a mismatch somewhere.

You say he isn't a complete TE, then you say he should sit, and not be used as a receiver?

You can rightly criticize his blocking skills as below average, but there is no denying he is one of the best pass catching TEs in the NFL.

Exactly.

If I could see anything, I'd like to see some sets with Hill/Waddle/Mike on one side with Wilson or eventually our rookie split to the other side. Overload the defense with a bunch of different matchup problems.

He'll, I'd love to just see Hill and Waddle in stack WR sets together.

A bit premature, but Easy E ends up being as advertised, would be really have needed Wilson?

I’ve debated this with myself about if signing Wilson is needed after landing Hill and E however the conclusion I came up with is that E or Wilson as a 4th option vs dime corners/lbs or safeties is a matchup nightmare for defenses.

A bit premature, but Easy E ends up being as advertised, would be really have needed Wilson?

It's never bad having more WR.

If my #4 is better than your 4th coverage defender I can exploit that mismatch just as well as if my #1 has advantage on your #1.

Spacing and stretching the defense is always good.

Wilson and gesicki are jags so let’s hope so

Be nice if I had another piece other than waddle and hill for teams to have to worry about
You joking? Wilson--perhaps quietly--put up some if the best per-snap metrics in the NFL last season. Ask a Dallas fan if he is a jag. Every one I have spoken too is very sad, almost despondent, that the Cowboys let him get away. He is our unquestioned 3rd best receiver, though we would all be thrilled if Ezukanma gave him a run for his money this year.

Don't disagree with you on Gesicki but he is our homegrown product so out of respect I won't call him a jag.

You joking? Wilson--perhaps quietly--put up some if the best per-snap metrics in the NFL last season. Ask a Dallas fan if he is a jag. Every one I have spoken too is very sad, almost despondent, that the Cowboys let him get away. He is our unquestioned 3rd best receiver, though we would all be thrilled if Ezukanma gave him a run for his money this year.

Don't disagree with you on Gesicki but he is our homegrown product so out of respect I won't call him a jag.

One of us is going to learn a major lesson here

I’ve debated this with myself about if signing Wilson is needed after landing Hill and E however the conclusion I came up with is that E or Wilson as a 4th option vs dime corners/lbs or safeties is a matchup nightmare for defenses.
We signed Wilson in free agency, before we ever made the trade for Hill.

Last year we had limp finger fuller and now we have a smorgasbord to choose from.

EZ has been a pleasant surprise. Also, you have to remember that Wilson was signed prior to Hill trade taking place.

Knowing what we know now and our depth at WR, I don’t think Wilson signing happens if we had known at the time time that Tyreek becomes available a week later. That money could’ve been spent elsewhere like more pieces on O-Line.

However, after issues we’ve had in the past where Tua was throwing to Bowden and Hollins as his top 2 options.. This is a good problem to have.

I think Ez E has already overtaken Gesicki. I also think he has serious talent. Not as a burner but a physical, solid possession player and overall WR.

He won’t get a ton of chances given our WR depth but I think the talent s there to be really, really good and I think he will be competitive with Wilson.

An overlooked factor is run blocking. McDaniel will love him if he is a good run blocker and that will be an interesting factor.

This has the potential to be the best WR unit (1-4) we’ve had since Marino’s early years, and likely this century if they all remain healthy

Back
Top Bottom