Will Ez E Beat Out Wilson For #3 Role? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ez E Beat Out Wilson For #3 Role?

We signed Wilson in free agency, before we ever made the trade for Hill.

I’m aware couldnt of predicted we’d ever get hill along with hit a steal in the draft. Either way he can still be traded if he’s not needed but I believe having 4 very good wideouts will be a major mismatch for defenses.

I’ve debated this with myself about if signing Wilson is needed after landing Hill and E however the conclusion I came up with is that E or Wilson as a 4th option vs dime corners/lbs or safeties is a matchup nightmare for defenses.
Also, depth in the receiver room is very important. We've seen it get very thin very fast. We're loaded and that's an excellent thing. I'm so pumped to see how defenses plan to stop everything a McD offenses throws at them. How will they defend against the amazing speed of Tyreek and Waddle? How will they defend against Tua picking them apart? If defenses don't devote enough recourses to stopping or slowing down Hill and Waddle those 2 guys will be a nightmare. If they do devote the recourses there will be huge holes elsewhere to be found. BTW we also have great speed behind Hill and Waddle! The only problems our offense may have is the oline. Until I see it out there playing at least average it will be a concern. But, if we get average to good play out of the oline this offense will be electric!! The new fastest show on grass!! Tua will quickly become a star NFL QB this season. The Dolphin's have all their ducks in a row, if not quite all their ducks, we are looking better than we have in a long time. What really makes me feel good is that our coaching staff is really top notch. We have real experienced teachers and former NFL stars showing our youngsters the ropes. It seems like a great mix of talent and coaching. That's how you build a long term winner. I'm super eager to see it play out on the field. What if we just take the Patriots apart on opening day? What would the NFL world say to a Miami win 48-10 or some such lopsided crushing? I'd love that!! BB's face would be priceless!!

Fast response without reading through all the other posts first is, no. At some point, yes but no for now.

Now to read through the posts while I drink my coffee and change my mind...

Well, I didn't change my mind but I did note how this is got turned into **** on Gesicki by a few posters.

Some always stray.

I do not think so… but if this is what we are stressing about then I consider it a blessing

As Long as he knows his assignments I don’t see your point Mach.. I know for sure a linebacker can’t cover Ez, I do t have the same confidence about Mike, he’s About as an easy cover as it gets as far as mirroring his movement, which is not precise or sharp in any way
My #1 complaint with MG is he always has somebody in his back pocket. With the exception of busted coverage, he's covered. Now, he can go up and make a catch with good coverage with the best of 'em...but he ain't getting you much further than the catch point. This passing offense is 100% about creating YAC opportunity. We have 3, possibly a few more, guys that can and will get consistent separation...barring injuries, we won't be anywhere NEAR where we rated there last year.

And I watched his reps closer this year than previously, and it's just like you said there. His routes aren't the greatest. Volleyball players have to be VERY accurate in hand placement on the ball...that carried over well into football for MG...but volleyball players don't run twitch routes. It's just hard to imagine him being integral to 'this' offense. If he's on the field on 1st or 2nd down, and I'm an opposing LB...I'm playing pass all the way. I'd be right a vast majority of plays. Play-action killer.

Hell of a teammate, fired up guy, kinda attitude any team can use...just not currently the greatest fit.

Back
Top Bottom