Will Flores have the balls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Flores have the balls

Let say we draft Chase, Smith or Waddle. And let say he has an impressive camp and preseason.

We know Fuller is suspended for game one. So it will be highly likely the rook starting game one as a boundary wr along with Parker. What if the rookie ball out in game one, say 8 catches, 120 years and 2 TD.

Will Flores have the balls to keep the rookie as a starter and keep Fuller on the bench? ( we know Fuller is not a slot, and the rookie is successful at boundary game one )
I’d rather put Parker on the bench.

If we draft Waddle and everyone is healthy at the trade deadline, don't be surprised if Fuller is traded. Waddle is a Fuller protégé, initially, and then I think Waddle could eventually be the most true Alpha Dog around, moving into his 2nd, 3rd and future years.
However, that 'KR/PR' crap has to stop. It's idiocy to risk any high-round WR pick in the return game when the opportunities to even return the kick are few and far between and 90% less likely to affect a game's outcome than a play from scrimmage.
We have other guys around to field kicks and punts. No F'n way am I risking a Waddle on Punt coverage!

Flores typically has certain roles for certain players/positions. I don’t expect that to change. There is only a few players on the team that are true starters who play majority of reps. I would expect them to rotate the top 3-4 WRs. Not to mention the fact Fuller, Parker and Preston Williams have all had injury issues it’s a matter of time before one of them gets hurt and opens up more snaps

Let say we draft Chase, Smith or Waddle. And let say he has an impressive camp and preseason.

We know Fuller is suspended for game one. So it will be highly likely the rook starting game one as a boundary wr along with Parker. What if the rookie ball out in game one, say 8 catches, 120 years and 2 TD.

Will Flores have the balls to keep the rookie as a starter and keep Fuller on the bench? ( we know Fuller is not a slot, and the rookie is successful at boundary game one )
I expect the rookie and Fuller to eventually be the starting WR’s with Parker as their backup and getting a lot of playing time when they go to a 4 WR formation. I think if he is healthy, Wilson will end up being the slot receiver.

I expect the rookie and Fuller to eventually be the starting WR’s with Parker as their backup and getting a lot of playing time when they go to a 4 WR formation. I think if he is healthy, Wilson will end up being the slot receiver.
Unless we draft Pitts/Chase/Waddle/Smith AND a slot WR, later!

To state the obvious, camp will tell a lot. *IF* it comes down to Fuller or rookie (I doubt it) and the rookie has a solid game, I suspect Flo goes HC on us and starts Fuller game2. It's VERY hard to 'barely' beat out a vet. If the rook beats out anyone, there will be a few in rotation he will replace. Now, once it gets to game 8, . . .

Ugh please dont do this. The academic in me cringes hard. Dont ask a question with an answer predetermined in your mind without telling us what your take is in the OP!

Agree.

My 1st thought on the question posed in the thread title was to reply, "It all depends on the equipment manager"

Good thing I didn't

Unless we draft Pitts/Chase/Waddle/Smith AND a slot WR, later!
They also have Bowden who played well at the end of last season. So Wilson and Bowden would appear to be able to fill the slot position and if they do draft a WR or Pitts at 6, I just don’t think they will draft another WR.

With Fuller, Parker, the draft pick, Bowden, Williams and Wilson, along with Gesicki. That would be a drastic upgrade over what they had last year.

I think they have too many other needs on the team to draft another WR in this draft if they do take a receiver at 6. If they end up drafting Pitts, I think he would be used more as a WR than a conventional TE and he and Gesicki would be on the field together much of the time.

Back
Top Bottom