Winston wants to be dolphin... Miami not overly interested | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winston wants to be dolphin... Miami not overly interested

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ben Volin mentioned on his twitter than Drew Rosenhuas went on the radio and said that Winston really wants to be a Dolphin..... which means we arent buying what hes offering, we have had loads of time to get a deal done.

Either:
A. We want to draft someone like Lane Johnson
B. He wants too much money
C. We dont like his medial reports

I reckon he is asking too much money. Ireland loves to play hardball and I think he wants Winston... but only at a team friendly price.

What would you guys be willing to pay him? I wouldnt pay a penny over 5m.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I think he's just waiting him out to get the smallest amount deal possible...

It means we won't get Winston. We aren't that interested and he signs somewhere else well "he wanted to come to Miami". So the guilts on us. I hear this all the time. Anytime u hear someone wants to b a dolphin they never become a dolphin

Ben Volin mentioned on his twitter than Drew Rosenhuas went on the radio and said that Winston really wants to be a Dolphin..... which means we arent buying what hes offering, we have had loads of time to get a deal done.

Either:

I reckon he is asking too much money. Ireland loves to play hardball and I think he wants Winston... but only at a team friendly price.

When you were complaining this morning about me bumping an Omar Thread, I posted this already.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

Barry Jackson goes even deeper than Volin.

That about sums it up! Either we are fairly comfortable with the OL personnel we have now or we're comfortable with drafting 1 or 2 additional players...
Currently you can say we have 2 athletic type of OL personnel that Philbin supposedly likes= Pouncey and Martin.

Either:

We've had almost a month to sign this guy. I've been saying on many posts that it's pretty obvious we don't want him. It seems to me that we want to trade for Branden Albert but have been flirting with Winston and Volmer in order to bring KC's price tag down and cave in to what we're offering for Albert. Don't be shocked if we enter the draft with LT still in limbo and if Lane Johnson doesn't fall to us at 12, we'll pull the trigger for Albert. I don't expect us to sign Winston. He's already iterated he "wants" to play for us and that he'll play for "a lot less" than Long. We don't really want him. *neither do I, I want Albert* :D

If we don't sign a lineman before draft we get 2 in the draft at least.
If we get Albert then I think we get 1 mid to later rounds.

Something is amiss here, for us to not sign him. Im sure it will come out in due time.

That collaborative mock draft doesn't make a lot of sense to me, 2413. Why would we waste two of our 3 highest picks on positions we are already solid/deep in and wait for the 3rd round to start focusing on CB/OL/S? Ireland would have gone mad to have wasted his two 2nd rounders on a DT and WR when those are the two positions we've spent the majority of our cap space this offseason on. I know, it's the collaborative mock, but you agree it makes no sense, right?

If we don't sign a lineman before draft we get 2 in the draft at least.
If we get Albert then I think we get 1 mid to later rounds.

Imo if we sign an OL prior to the draft, it'd be Brandon Moore.

I feel if we don't address the OL in FA that means one of two things. 1) we are drafting an OL in round 1 which means kiss Austin and Eifert goodbye. 2) the staff is comfortable with the OL they have now and doesn't draft one until round 3 or later. IMO #2 is what's going to happen.

Don't we have to spend the money anyway (per the CBA?). What possible reason could there be for having NO interest? I believe we are low balling to get a low deal. With Volmer resigning with the Pats, I think Winston will be wrapped up this week.

That collaborative mock draft doesn't make a lot of sense to me, 2413. Why would we waste two of our 3 highest picks on positions we are already solid/deep in and wait for the 3rd round to start focusing on CB/OL/S? Ireland would have gone mad to have wasted his two 2nd rounders on a DT and WR when those are the two positions we've spent the majority of our cap space this offseason on. I know, it's the collaborative mock, but you agree it makes no sense, right?

I couldn't disagree with you more. I like the way its shaking out. Werner opposite wake. Jesse williams, #1 because he fell and i have a higer grade on him than guys like poyer and amerson, and secondly because we have two dts on contract years.
Swope, with rumors of moving bess, and bess' mystery injury last year, coupled with the fact that i think swope is an upgrade over bess, and i like the tannehill connection and the value of swope vs, ol here. I actually tried trading up for eric reid but another viper beat me to it.

I targeted barrett jones, and he came off the board just before if i recall. There are about 5-7 cbs i have targeted coming up that i think are upgrades and major value they way i saw the draft shaking out.

There are also 2-3eric safeties available, 2-3 rbs, and a few guards and mike backers i could go.

So in short yea, i disagree with you. Im quite pleased the way things are shaking out.

I moved a few guys as well. Moving past the 7-9 seasons hopefully and i think im going to like how it shakes out here pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom