With The 5th Pick In The 2020 NFL Draft Your Miami Dolphins Take ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With The 5th Pick In The 2020 NFL Draft Your Miami Dolphins Take ???

jdleddy

Active Roster
Reaction score
The 1st 4 picks in the draft, in some order are :
Burrow
Young
Okudah
Thomas

For the purpose of this exercise, Tua is also off the list because he's just as likely to have a trauma centre named after him as a pro than make multiple pro bowls.

If you draft BPA, Jerry Jeudy is probably going to make multiple pro bowls. I also like Derrick Brown, who should be an All Pro. The more I see Isaiah Simmons play, the more I see a big difference maker in the making.
However, none of these players solve our most pressing needs. Do you trade down? or slightly overdraft a top 10 pick in the top 5 if it solves a need like o-line or pass rusher?

Please feel free to let me know what you are thinking.

Well I will put my head on the guillotine, Jordan Love at #5 in your senario. If Tua isn’t cleared or goes back to Bama he jumps to QB2 and with the QB hungry teams behind us can’t let him slip.

Plus we are in the beat spot in decades as far as no pressure to start him next year and just roll with Fitz let the FA and draft class get a year under than then roll with him in 2021 after yet another round of FA and 100000 picks.

Your post is silly and agenda driven to take Tua out...Judy didn’t get a top fifteen grade..Tua did..
So,why don’t you answer your own question,since your trying to direct it to your likening.

Well I will put my head on the guillotine, Jordan Love at #5 in your senario. If Tua isn’t cleared or goes back to Bama he jumps to QB2 and with the QB hungry teams behind us can’t let him slip.

Plus we are in the beat spot in decades as far as no pressure to start him next year and just roll with Fitz let the FA and draft class get a year under than then roll with him in 2021 after yet another round of FA and 100000 picks.

Man the mobile Jay Cutler AKA Jordan Love hype train is unreal.

At this rate sounds like Love will go #1 overall by the time it's all said and done, geez. I don't see it. I see a 2nd round QB. If he didn't have a good arm no one would really care about him.

Last edited:
If you're too scared to draft Tua, and you're not sold on the other QB's at 5, trade down is the obvious call, aiming to stay in the Top 10. If you're not able to work out a trade, I'd probably just draft Lamb.

I would say take Love, he won’t make it to your second first rounder and he is the most physically gifted of of the QBs. Again this is only because it the Tua off the board situation. In reality I’m taking Tua because I’m willing to take the chance in greatness.

I think your question should be rephrased as “who are your top 5 non QBs in the draft.” You are more likely to get solid responses.

If No Tua I’d prefer to trade down but Simmons or Okudah would not disappoint me.
That would be my order...Tua (as long as diagnosis positive), Simmons, Okudah. I could see Jeudy being tempting, but with Parker and Williams I think Miami will address other areas, but that would be a hell of trio and could make an average QB look like a pro bowler.

Your post is silly and agenda driven to take Tua out...Judy didn’t get a top fifteen grade..Tua did..So,why don’t you answer your own question,since your trying to direct it to your likening.

No kidding. The anti-Tua crowd somehow prefers to believe that Tua backers are pushing an agenda. Meanwhile this OP is perfect evidence of the reality of the matter. When this type of question is being posed on any relaxed forum, Tua is always within the equation.

I default to scoring points. For example, New England has fortified its defense the past two seasons. Considerably higher level than recent seasons. That defense managed an awesome Super Bowl performance last season, carrying an aging quarterback. Brady at this stage can do it once in a while but not dependably. And without that certainty on offense now the Patriots are stuck in the wild card round for the first time in a decade.

CeeDee Lamb against Texas was one of the top handful of performances all season. Based solely on that game you would draft him in the top 5. I'm not really thrilled with the Chan Gailey hire and his propensity for 4 wide looks. I'll never forget Bill Walsh as NBC analyst and his loud emphatic insistence that, "Four wide receivers is absolutely not the future of professional football."

If we wasn't totally correct he should have been. I know when I have a wager and I'm on defense trying to stop somebody on a vital play I always love it when the opponent is in empty formation and 4 or 5 wide. Best of luck jamming it into all that congestion. I'll take my chances. The permutations are so obvious and so pathetic compared to more standard looks when running backs can threaten from any role and angle.

I guess it's not so bad if Gesicki is considered one of the 4 wideouts. But if Miami is truly going that route then you need a special player like CeeDee Lamb. Jump balls don't work game after game. Now that Parker has established that strength it will be schemed away from him. CeeDee Lamb is considerably more versatile and dynamic. He has DeShaun Jackson type open field ability but in a taller frame. Lamb plays so quick and agile that he appears considerably shorter than 6-2.

First round should be some combination of Tua or Love, then a pick among the receivers, then a pick among the tackles. Receiver is the tricky one because the league tends to butcher that position, as we've discussed here recently. I'll have to wait for the guy on footballsfuture.com with his analytics list. He seems to have found a good formula to identify wide receivers.

At this rate sounds like Love will go #1 overall by the time it's all said and done, geez. I don't see it. I see a 2nd round QB. If he didn't have a good arm no one would really care about him.

The hype is unbelievable! And to take him at 5...WTF!!! If they want him, trade the **** back!

I would either take Tua or trade back.

It's so early in the process, but I get the wanting to hear what people think. Love could shoot up boards depending on Senior Bowl workouts. Then he might make sense.
I get the point: Who do we take if Tua isn't a possibility?
If we're stuck at 5, and if Love DOESN'T Shoot up draft boards? And those guys are chosen?
Maybe CeeDee Lamb? With the new O, he would be a nice add to go with all of our size(Williams, Gesicki, Parker), since Wilson is not a long term prospect any more(I assume) and Grant isn't much of a WR.
And I only say Lamb because he may be the BPA. And I think teams should always take the BPA, if he fits a need and fits the system.
Simmons I could really see in Miami- as versatile as he is, I see Flores stepping on his tongue for that guy.
But is 5 too high for a S/LB hybrid?

Yeah the hype is growing; it’s draft season and QBs more than anyone jump up boards. There is no way Love will go later than 9 at this point unless he falls flat on his face at the senior bowl which he likely won’t.

It is not what I would do personally but the OP said no Tua so I went with what I think the pick should be at 5 which is a QB, taking an elite defender means no QB this year imo. By the time 18 rolls around it could be Eason, Hurts and Fromm left.

So I guess the real question is if no QB at five is there one going to last until 18 or 2A that’s worth while. I personally don’t think so and the draft is deep with tackles and CB so I see a reach for the franchise changing position.

Oh the humor. Love at 5???

I would take Love, in the 2nd round only.

At 5 im taking Andrew Thomas. At 1b im taking Tyler Biadazs. At 1c i MIGHT take Love, but probably a DE like Matos.

2nd round im taking Love for sure, and Dobbins.

No kidding. The anti-Tua crowd somehow prefers to believe that Tua backers are pushing an agenda. Meanwhile this OP is perfect evidence of the reality of the matter. When this type of question is being posed on any relaxed forum, Tua is always within the equation.

I default to scoring points. For example, New England has fortified its defense the past two seasons. Considerably higher level than recent seasons. That defense managed an awesome Super Bowl performance last season, carrying an aging quarterback. Brady at this stage can do it once in a while but not dependably. And without that certainty on offense now the Patriots are stuck in the wild card round for the first time in a decade.

CeeDee Lamb against Texas was one of the top handful of performances all season. Based solely on that game you would draft him in the top 5. I'm not really thrilled with the Chan Gailey hire and his propensity for 4 wide looks. I'll never forget Bill Walsh as NBC analyst and his loud emphatic insistence that, "Four wide receivers is absolutely not the future of professional football."

If we wasn't totally correct he should have been. I know when I have a wager and I'm on defense trying to stop somebody on a vital play I always love it when the opponent is in empty formation and 4 or 5 wide. Best of luck jamming it into all that congestion. I'll take my chances. The permutations are so obvious and so pathetic compared to more standard looks when running backs can threaten from any role and angle.

I guess it's not so bad if Gesicki is considered one of the 4 wideouts. But if Miami is truly going that route then you need a special player like CeeDee Lamb. Jump balls don't work game after game. Now that Parker has established that strength it will be schemed away from him. CeeDee Lamb is considerably more versatile and dynamic. He has DeShaun Jackson type open field ability but in a taller frame. Lamb plays so quick and agile that he appears considerably shorter than 6-2.

First round should be some combination of Tua or Love, then a pick among the receivers, then a pick among the tackles. Receiver is the tricky one because the league tends to butcher that position, as we've discussed here recently. I'll have to wait for the guy on footballsfuture.com with his analytics list. He seems to have found a good formula to identify wide receivers.
This is the way...

Back
Top Bottom