Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research)

Can someone please point out an elite qb Miami could have drafted and passed on since Tannehill has been in Miami?

If you could be so kind as to point out where in that quote was it that I said Miami passed on an elite QB since we've had Tannehill? Or just to the part where i said we passed on any elite QB in general...or the part where I even said the word draft? It's weird I can't seem to find it.

Beane said on WGR 550 that the teams that consistently make the playoffs are the ones with franchise quarterback

RT has shown that he is a good leader and that he can be counted on to play well in about 50% of his starts.

That is ALL he has shown so far.

I think he can play better and do MUCH better than he has so far in his career.

Do I think he is a clutch QB that is capable of winning in the playoffs when his key players are injured and out, and the team NEEDS a 4th quarter TD to win and advance?

NO.

RT has shown that he is a good leader and that he can be counted on to play well in about 50% of his starts.

That is ALL he has shown so far.

How do you define playing well?

I think he can play better and do MUCH better than he has so far in his career.

He hasn't played one way for his whole career. He was much better last year than early in he career. Can he play much better than his rookie year? Absolutely, already did that. Can he play much better than 2016? I don't see how anybody can play MUCH better.

Do I think he is a clutch QB that is capable of winning in the playoffs when his key players are injured and out, and the team NEEDS a 4th quarter TD to win and advance?

NO.

I disagree

If you could be so kind as to point out where in that quote was it that I said Miami passed on an elite QB since we've had Tannehill? Or just to the part where i said we passed on any elite QB in general...or the part where I even said the word draft? It's weird I can't seem to find it.

You seem to insinuate it. I was just asking, in general, the people on here who want the Dolphins to find an elite QB, who Miami passed on that is an elite QB since Miami drafted Tannehill? People on here act like "elite" QB's grow on trees and the league is littered with them. First of all there is only 4 elite QB's in the league right now so they are extremely rare, and second of all, you have to be extremely lucky to land one.
My general point is, if you build this team around Tannehill I feel he is good enough to win with. Hell, 3 of the QB's still playing in the post season are named Foles, Bortles, and Keenum.

Last edited:
You seem to insinuate it. I was just asking, in general, the people on here who want the Dolphins to find an elite QB, who Miami passed on that is an elite QB since Miami drafted Tannehill? People on here act like "elite" QB's grow on trees and the league is littered with them. First of all there is only 4 elite QB's in the league right now so they are extremely rare, and second of all, you have to be extremely lucky to land one.
My general point is, if you build this team around Tannehill I feel he is good enough to win with. Hell, 3 of the QB's still playing in the post season are named Foles, Bortles, and Keenum.

In response to your original comment where you said you seem on edge or something to that effect. Yes, yes i am, i am an air force recruiter and one of my applicants who is leaving for basic next week is pregnant so i am indeed on edge. If i seem to insinuate it, well i got nothing to say to that if thats how you took it. To the rest i say maybe he was drafted in between the 4-7th round of last years draft and is being groomed. Your right maybe if we build a team around Tannehill he might be good enough to win with, but unfortunately with Mike Tennanbaum in charge I doubt we ever build that team. Foles and those guys may be in the playoffs but if the super bowl is going to be average QB+elite defense vs elite QB+elite defense, im going to pick the elite qb and his elite defense to win because thats how you build a dynasty and not just a 1 and done like 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs. Bortles, Foles, and Keenum may have elite defenses but so does Brady...i dont trust those other QB's to pick apart the Patriot defense. Hopefully I'm wrong because F*** Tom Brady.

In response to your original comment where you said you seem on edge or something to that effect. Yes, yes i am, i am an air force recruiter and one of my applicants who is leaving for basic next week is pregnant so i am indeed on edge. If i seem to insinuate it, well i got nothing to say to that if thats how you took it. To the rest i say maybe he was drafted in between the 4-7th round of last years draft and is being groomed. Your right maybe if we build a team around Tannehill he might be good enough to win with, but unfortunately with Mike Tennanbaum in charge I doubt we ever build that team. Foles and those guys may be in the playoffs but if the super bowl is going to be average QB+elite defense vs elite QB+elite defense, im going to pick the elite qb and his elite defense to win because thats how you build a dynasty and not just a 1 and done like 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs. Bortles, Foles, and Keenum may have elite defenses but so does Brady...i dont trust those other QB's to pick apart the Patriot defense. Hopefully I'm wrong because F*** Tom Brady.

First of all, thank you for your service and I hope everything works out well for your recruit. As far as building a consistent winner, of course it would be easier if you had an elite QB, but as I pointed out, there is only four of them in the league right now and they are all either 40 years old or closing in on it. The route almost every team has to take to winning a Super Bowl is finding a good QB and building a solid team around him. I am in total agreement with you about bringing in a young QB and grooming him behind Tannehill. Matt Moore does nothing for me. I want a young guy with upside being developed within the organization.

I really do not believe the circumstances around Tannehill have been conducive to winning at the level we all hope for, so I can not fathom any other QB's could have succeed at a higher level under the same circumstances, so I want to see what Tannehill is capable of when the team around him gets better with Gase leading the offense.

Back
Top Bottom