Worst Sports writer for the Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Sports writer for the Dolphins?

Omar by far. He's also an insecure little bitch! Wooh did I just say that?

Omar is the worst, hands down. Armando is bad and sensationalistic, but Omar is absolutely horrible. He has no idea about football, he has no passion for the sport or team, and he uses his column as a platform to spew his slanted social agenda.

The best is Jackson with Volin the second best. Darlington would be best but he seems to have moved on to bigger and better things. Good for him. :)

Armondo at least tries to act like he's not a fraud amd tries to do better, omar on the other hand just calls everyone haters.

As someone who reads a lot of beat writers from all over, Mia easily has the 2 worst beat writers I've ever seen. I'm not sure how they got jobs or even retained them. They don't even understand the basics of journalism, let alone understand anything about football.

I know this will catch a lot of heat, but I like Omar Kelly. Follow him and respect his opinion

**(now runs and hides in corner)** :chase:

I agree with you honestly. I don't have a problem with his football knowledge, but when somebody ask him a stupid question hes a complete douche. He is on point with his opinion on a lot of things such as his super bowl prediction, Flacco and Kaepernick being studs, us wasting our time with Henne and so on, but most people can't get over him being a complete douche.

Omar is the worst, hands down. Armando is bad and sensationalistic, but Omar is absolutely horrible. He has no idea about football, he has no passion for the sport or team, and he uses his column as a platform to spew his slanted social agenda.

The best is Jackson with Volin the second best. Darlington would be best but he seems to have moved on to bigger and better things. Good for him. :)

Could not agree more, however Jackson doesn't release that many articles anymore.

Omar Kelly and it's not even close. His reporting is questionable, he is a terrible writer, and his opinions are often downright bizarre.

I have a Dolphins news feed I follow that aggregates tweets from the writers, official Dolphins team tweets, etc, and more than half of it is Omar Kelly. When he's not talking about shoes, he's telling people he just blocked them with 'the pimp hand' and complaining about how stupid fans are.

Armando Salguero will never live down the high-five incident and subsequent ridiculous lies he told about it, but he's not even in the same ballpark as Kelly for consistently awful garbage being injected into his newsfeed, IMO.

I see you lurking, Volin.

Lol, what was the "high five incident"? You have me curious. :ponder:

I like Mando better than Omar. One guy that used to bug me b/c he didn't know jack **** about the Fins was Harvey Fialkov. I called him out in an email one time and he got all defensive on me. It's the same reason why I take anything James Walker (ESPN) says w/ a grain of salt...what inside info does he actually have? None. I don't think he knows anything more than I do about the Fins.

I would have to go with Salguero. First and foremost for ripping off the Draft Winds stuff. That was bad. I also don't believe he really "gets" the game of football. He has better sources than Kelly though.

Omar is tough to like. He is knowledgeable but I don't think he has great sources and he has a huge ego. I follow him on Twitter because he is always active. But he rants about some of the dumbest things. And he is condescending. But again, I think he knows his stuff.

I appreciate what both guys bring to the table and take it for what it's worth. As much as I love the Fins, I don't envy either if those guy's jobs.

Omar is tough to like. He is knowledgeable but I don't think he has great sources and he has a huge ego. I follow him on Twitter because he is always active. But he rants about some of the dumbest things. And he is condescending. But again, I think he knows his stuff.

This.

I've tried to prove to myself that Omar doesn't know what he's talking about, but he actually is right more often than wrong, at least by my counts. Sure he sometimes acts like a jerk, but on the other hand it must be kinda frustrating getting tweets 24/7 asking the same questions all over again. This must be partly because he's such a prolific tweeter and his answers quickly get buried deep in his timeline so people don't see them unless they really are HC-followers of his.

So all in all I kinda like Omar. He sure has his warts (constant spelling errors, being a bit douchey & self-centered, etc) but on football matters I think he hits more than misses.

PS. Sorry about the grammar. English isn't my first language.

OMAR!!

hands down. no one is even a close second.

anyone who can refer to a mediocre talent geezer as "funky fresh" [whatever the hell that is] gets the award.

This is a tough one between Omar and Armando. :lol:

I think Omar's probably worse overall but I actually at least find him more entertaining than Armando. I really can't stand the latter.

Volin's the best now. Darlington was the best and he rightfully got a better gig.

Back
Top Bottom