Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
1 (5) Tua Tagovailoa (Miami may have to trade up)
2. (18) Justin Jefferson
2. (26) D'Andre Swift

I know the team needs to build both lines and that has to be a priority. But, they could get part of the way there in free agency and really focus on the offensive line in R2 and forward. I'd sign a pass rusher in free agency.

The need for Tua is obvious. Jefferson seems like the perfect complement to Parker and Williams. Tough, good hands, probably runs a little better than 4.4 and is deadly in the slot. I think Swift is the best all-around back in this draft. Very shifty, more powerful than he looks, catches well out of the backfield.

Hell yeah I would have an issue with that draft. First there is only 1 QB we should trade up for... Joe Burrow.

Secondly, Justin Jefferson? What are we the Detroit Lions? Not even Randy Moss himself could improve this team as constructed. We better be going QB first, and then every other pick needs to be an offensive lineman or defensive end.

2. (18) Justin Jefferson
2. (26) D'Andre Swift

I know the team needs to build both lines and that has to be a priority. But, they could get part of the way there in free agency and really focus on the offensive line in R2 and forward. I'd sign a pass rusher in free agency.

The need for Tua is obvious. Jefferson seems like the perfect complement to Parker and Williams. Tough, good hands, probably runs a little better than 4.4 and is deadly in the slot. I think Swift is the best all-around back in this draft. Very shifty, more powerful than he looks, catches well out of the backfield.
Facepalm-memes-4.png

2. (18) Justin Jefferson
2. (26) D'Andre Swift

I don’t see WR being a priory and if the OL is not vastly improved, no RB in the draft is going to make a difference. I would rather see the Dolphins draft offensive and defensive linemen in the first round and they can always draft a RB and WR in the 6th and 7th round if they are determined to select a player for each of these positions.

IMO we stay at 5 and take Tua or Herbert. I’d prefer either an OT or C (Tyler Biadasz stands out) at 18. I believe D’Andre Swift or J.K. Dobbins is a possibility at 26. If you plan to draft a QB, you need the tools for him to succeed. Unless we add talent in free agency our current roster is practice squad RBs. There are a lot of DE/OLB guys with upside day 2. I’d prefer that we don’t reach and simply take the best available player with each pick in the 1st round. We aren’t rebuilding the team in one offseason/draft.

Sorry man, but what don't you get OP? We need big fatty's on both side of the ball! I would be shocked if we didn't get at least one by the 18th pick.

I wouldnt really be upset if those are considered the best players at those picks. This is more than a 1 year project. Take those guys and your playmakers on offense are set, draft O-line and edge the rest of the draft, sit Tua for a year, build O-line more in draft and FA next year. I'm not saying this is what I would do or that it's my preference, but it's not a terrible plan either imo.

We can’t address the skilled positions until we correct BOTH sides of the line. Do you remember the lack of pass rush we had? Don’t forget our absolutely nonexistent running game on offensive, plus our terrible pass protection.

Gotta fix the trenches first. If we can snag our franchise QB in the first round so be it, since we don’t have one on our roster today.

Sorry man, but what don't you get OP? We need big fatty's on both side of the ball! I would be shocked if we didn't get at least one by the 18th pick.
Well, there could be some big fatty's in round 2 as well. Plus, I would sign one starter for the offensive line in free agency.

In general, I agree with not taking a running back early. But a good one can lift a team significantly. Miami's current group is absolutely terrible.

Back
Top Bottom