Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round?

1 (5) Tua Tagovailoa (Miami may have to trade up)
2. (18) Justin Jefferson
2. (26) D'Andre Swift

I know the team needs to build both lines and that has to be a priority. But, they could get part of the way there in free agency and really focus on the offensive line in R2 and forward. I'd sign a pass rusher in free agency.

The need for Tua is obvious. Jefferson seems like the perfect complement to Parker and Williams. Tough, good hands, probably runs a little better than 4.4 and is deadly in the slot. I think Swift is the best all-around back in this draft. Very shifty, more powerful than he looks, catches well out of the backfield.
If we can take Tua at #5 serious win

I doubt we have both the 18 and 26 picks after we move up - I expect we will move up

If we have either 18 or 26 left i don’t think we take a RB - until the 3rd day

At (5) Excellent, I think getting him with whatever number that first pick in the first round ends up being is the priority for the team.

at (18) If I'm taking a WR that early it has to be an excellent value...which means Juedy, Lamb, or Ruggs is there. Personally I'd take the best T still available...Jones, BEcton...

at (28) Personally I would avoid an RB in any draft in round 1, but this draft, as deep as it is, youare going to get much more bang for your pick at the end of day 2. I once again add the highest-rated offensive lineman still available T or C.

I fully understand the need for a pass rusher, but if I am going all-in on a QB early in the draft, I am helping out that young man the best I can.

2. (18) Justin Jefferson
2. (26) D'Andre Swift

I know the team needs to build both lines and that has to be a priority. But, they could get part of the way there in free agency and really focus on the offensive line in R2 and forward. I'd sign a pass rusher in free agency.

The need for Tua is obvious. Jefferson seems like the perfect complement to Parker and Williams. Tough, good hands, probably runs a little better than 4.4 and is deadly in the slot. I think Swift is the best all-around back in this draft. Very shifty, more powerful than he looks, catches well out of the backfield.

Opposed is too light a word for what I am to this draft....

Yikes SF some of these guys are just killing ya lol

It’s not even that different of a mock than other people’s

Geesh

I think Tua's injury history is too risky at 5.
No way do I take a WR at 18
Id defer RB until round 2 or 3 unless they are crazy special.

Guess I'm pretty darn opposed to it, but we may see something along those lines...

2. (18) Justin Jefferson
2. (26) D'Andre Swift

Jefferson is an excellent fit, and I can see Miami liking him. That's early for me, but I wouldn't hate the pick like some seem to.

RB in the 1st is a tough sell, though.

Plus, getting Tua is the big thing/win.

At (5) Excellent, I think getting him with whatever number that first pick in the first round ends up being is the priority for the team.

at (18) If I'm taking a WR that early it has to be an excellent value...which means Juedy, Lamb, or Ruggs is there. Personally I'd take the best T still available...Jones, BEcton...

at (28) Personally I would avoid an RB in any draft in round 1, but this draft, as deep as it is, youare going to get much more bang for your pick at the end of day 2. I once again add the highest-rated offensive lineman still available T or C.

I fully understand the need for a pass rusher, but if I am going all-in on a QB early in the draft, I am helping out that young man the best I can.
I think if Tua is their selection and he is able to throw before the draft the Dolphins will have to trade up to select him. Unfortunately it will probably cost them their fifth, one of their other first round picks and likely a second round pick.

I don’t think an injury prone Tua is worth trading up for but if the Dolphins really want him I think one of the teams ahead of them in the draft will be open to trade their pick to the highest bidder. I would rather the Dolphins keep all their picks and build the offensive line and the defense but the Tua crowd would have a mass riot if another team moves up in the draft and takes Tua.

I thought a healthy Tua was one of the best college QB’s I have seen in over 60 years of watching college football. I just don’t trust that he will stay healthy in the NFL.

How bout, Tua..Ellis and Swift..
Nope, do not want a RB in the first round. You can pick up a RB in the mid to late rounds after you build a solid OL. They need to rebuild the entire OL in my opinion and until they do, it won’t matter who the RB is.

With Etienne returning to Clemson I would sign Jordan Howard and add a back, maybe AJ Dillion, in the 3rd round or later. I like Swift, but really have a hard time selecting between Taylor, Swift and Dobbins. That means I would likely tell myself why take one of the three in the 1st round if the others will be available in the 2nd round. I would likely miss out on the top three backs all together. Running two bulldozers like Howard and Dillon could really wear down defenses.

I'd like to see Tua at #5 with no trade up. Past that a Pass Rusher and Oline would be a nice First Round. Im into drafting a RB in round 2 but the one I want (Dobbins) will most likely be off the board when we pick in the 2nd round. We need some beef up front real bad. A second Corner would also be win at some point in the top 100.

No. Tua at 5, I can see that happening, but after that, it should be a combination of DE/CB/OLine for the next two picks. There are enough quality running backs in the top 4 rated for at least 1 if not 3 of them being available with our 1st pick of round 2.

Back
Top Bottom