Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round?

I’m just going alone with the OP and making my own assumptions about Miami going ape **** in free agency. Really this is all fun until free agency sorts itself out.
I agree FA will define our draft. I hope we show some restraint with the contracts we sign, no more jones/suh type. I do see a splash getting at least one big name on Oline. I wouldn't mind being top spender on judon either. Outside that I'm hoping solid players.

5 Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown
18 Edge/OL
26 Edge/OL
I love Simmons and the Dolphins badly need pass rushers. But that only makes sense if Miami has a quarterback. Perhaps, they give Rosen a shot in 2020, or trade for someone like Cam Newton.

If the Dolphins could get Newton for that #26 and a 3rd rounder in 2021 that could work out nicely. The talent with Newton is obvious, although he does seem like a "me first" guy. That might not work with Flores.

Just curious how you all view Tua in terms of redshirting year one?!?

For me I think we should be open to selecting him early (a gamble yes but missing in all the qbs we have can it really hurt at this point) and letting him heal up and learn the offense behind the two qbs we have. So to me that opens up this draft for best available as we can still have another draft to go O/D line early. And 2 FAs periods to add big men.

so if the better value is at skill position or dB or edge rusher, I would think that can be open, if that is the philosophy for Tua’s rookie year.

thoughts with that in mind?

I love Simmons and the Dolphins badly need pass rushers. But that only makes sense if Miami has a quarterback. Perhaps, they give Rosen a shot in 2020, or trade for someone like Cam Newton.

If the Dolphins could get Newton for that #26 and a 3rd rounder in 2021 that could work out nicely. The talent with Newton is obvious, although he does seem like a "me first" guy. That might not work with Flores.

Newton may not even be worth a 3rd at this point.

c03a1008623400f5240fb6badc47a672d584f2b9f9cb1c8410edb38b79609e4b.jpg

I think this WR class is deep. If they feel they must get a guy early to compete, the 3rd or 4th round isnt a bad spot with guys like KJ Hill, KJ Hamler, Tyler Johnson, James Proche, Q Cephus, or Van Jefferson.

I don't see us looking for big body WR's as we have 2 of those types already and we need more flexibility within the WR core, we need guys thicker and a tad taller with the same dynamic traits of Grant and Wilson, and guys who can provide competition with Hurns imo.

Why a WR in the first round? it´s not a need at all in fact it was a bright spot this season specially Parker and Williams, even Gesicki excelled.

Why a WR in the first round? it´s not a need at all in fact it was a bright spot this season specially Parker and Williams, even Gesicki excelled.

I think the argument is do you pass on an elite WR to draft an average player at another position? I kind of feel that’s the situation we’ll be looking at with the 18th and maybe the 26th pick.

If I was in Vegas, I would boo. No way I would take a WR or RB in the first round. DE, DT, OL or CB. Besides how are we keeping all 3 firsts if we have to trade up?

I say sit still and let the draft happen. If when we pick at #5 both Burrow and Tua are gone then snag Justin Herbert with the 5th pick. He is impressing at the Sr Bowl, has great stats and is not injured in any way. Herbert could end up better than both Burrow and Tua. Nobody knows who will have the best NFL career. It could be Love, Fromm or a guy with a smaller reputation. Remember, Giovanni Carmazzi, QB Hofstra, Chris Redman, Marc Bulger, Tee Martin and the legendary Spergon Wynn QB Minn. were all drafted ahead of Tom Brady. It's tough to have the 5th pick so I say make sure you get an elite QB right there. Then build the trenches like we all know has to happen. Somewhere please snag a great RB, it's vital to a Fitz led offense and that's what we got, at least for a while.

Just curious how you all view Tua in terms of redshirting year one?!?

For me I think we should be open to selecting him early (a gamble yes but missing in all the qbs we have can it really hurt at this point) and letting him heal up and learn the offense behind the two qbs we have. So to me that opens up this draft for best available as we can still have another draft to go O/D line early. And 2 FAs periods to add big men.

so if the better value is at skill position or dB or edge rusher, I would think that can be open, if that is the philosophy for Tua’s rookie year.

thoughts with that in mind?

im for drafting tua but only at 5 no trade up and ideally i want him to redshirt this year learn and learn from fitz

1 (5) Tua Tagovailoa (Miami may have to trade up)
2. (18) Justin Jefferson
2. (26) D'Andre Swift

I know the team needs to build both lines and that has to be a priority. But, they could get part of the way there in free agency and really focus on the offensive line in R2 and forward. I'd sign a pass rusher in free agency.

The need for Tua is obvious. Jefferson seems like the perfect complement to Parker and Williams. Tough, good hands, probably runs a little better than 4.4 and is deadly in the slot. I think Swift is the best all-around back in this draft. Very shifty, more powerful than he looks, catches well out of the backfield.
Deep draft for Wrs. Wouldn't take one until 4 or 5th round unless somebody slides in the 2nd or 3rd. I'd take Taylor over Swift but I like both backs.

Back
Top Bottom