Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article!

If burrow turned out to be an elite stud in the pros no one would care about the cost. And Grier would keep his job longer.

That’s just the truth of it.
And if he turns out to not???
I'm perplexed how a 1 year guy turned into a can't miss generational talent

If burrow turned out to be an elite stud in the pros no one would care about the cost. And Grier would keep his job longer.

That’s just the truth of it.
Thats true... However, Tua happens to be in the same draft class and they are so close in talent that I wouldnt sell out like that for either of the 2, Let QB1 go for the ridiculous compensation and go get QB2 for a more reasonable price.

For comparison in 2016 the Rams traded..

1st Round(15)
2nd Round(43)
2nd Round(45)
3rd Round(76)
1st Round (2017)
3rd Round(2017)

to the Titans for

1st Round(1)
4th Round(113)
6th Round(177)

to get Goff.

And if he turns out to not???
I'm perplexed how a 1 year guy turned into a can't miss generational talent

What part of I’m not advocating it did you miss exactly?

Never did I say generational talent. I just said if he turned out to be a stud no one would care about the price. If he didn’t he’s getting fired anyways but that will be the same for whatever qb we end up with regardless of the cost.

They fail you get pinked

1st Round(15)
2nd Round(43)
2nd Round(45)
3rd Round(76)
1st Round (2017)
3rd Round(2017)

to the Titans for

1st Round(1)
4th Round(113)
6th Round(177)

to get Goff.

Frankly that’s cheaper than I would expect. Like maybe Goff didn’t have many suitors

What part of I’m not advocating it did you miss exactly?

Never did I say generational talent. I just said if he turned out to be a stud no one would care about the price. If he didn’t he’s getting fired anyways but that will be the same for whatever qb we end up with regardless of the cost.

They fail you get pinked
I think it's crazy to hang heads on a college kid who had 1 good year. You can't run a billion dollar organization like that in my opinion.

Amazing how much some would give up for a one year wonder.
Not sure how people believe burrow is some generational talent...scary
There's been players that only started 1 year in college that turned out great, however; your point is well taken. I wouldn't give up all that for Burrow. He has a quick release and he's accurate, that at least means he can play in the NFL.

I only see the Bengals doing this trade if they
The
Amazing how much some would give up for a one year wonder.
Not sure how people believe burrow is some generational talent...scary
You argument just doesn’t make sense. While Burrow may not have had same type stats in 2018, he was still a good QB for LSU that season.
Baker and Murray only had one outstanding season as QB’s in college and they both went #1 in the draft.

Tua has shown to be injury prone and while he might have been the top pick in the draft if he was healthy, I would take your One year wonder over Tua at this point in their careers.

I have no problem at all with the trade scenario of the Dolphins giving up the draft picks to the Bengals to move up and draft Burrow. I think Burrow is going to have a better NFL career than Tua simply because I don’t think Tua will even be in the league in 5 years because of how injury prone he is.

1st Round(15)
2nd Round(43)
2nd Round(45)
3rd Round(76)
1st Round (2017)
3rd Round(2017)

to the Titans for

1st Round(1)
4th Round(113)
6th Round(177)

to get Goff.

Also this should be a good reference for those that say “they don’t have the ammo”

They came from 15 to 1. Guaranteed they took someone’s cookies on that qb

To all of you Tua fans: Tua is a QB. Hes not a runningback or linebacker who keeps getting injured.

He's a QB. His job is to stand in pocket, maybe scramble some, and throw. Yet, he still hurts hip and ankles.

And behind a good Alabama OL?

The only way i take Tua is if our OL was Ogden 2.0, Hutchinson 2.0, Mangold 2.0, Evans 2.0, and Boselli 2.0

If Miami trades up, which I hate the idea, I’d prefer to go to 1 and get Burrow.

I would absolutely be ok with this.

It's interesting some guys on here over the years preached "never reach for a QB just to draft one, and when you do have conviction for a guy, you do whatever it takes to get him. "

And now no one likes the idea of trading up to get a franchise QB.

Anyone remember what the Eagles traded up to get Wentz? Nope.

How Bout Jared Goff? Nope
Patrick Mahomes? Nope
Watson? Nope
Sam Darnold? Nope..... Most of you have Probably forgot these teams traded up to get these QBs

Back
Top Bottom