Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article!

To go from 5-1? Seems a bit much.
Actually based on the draft value chart it is an 800 point difference. It is actually feasable. The Jets had a negative 600 trading from 6 to 3 for Darnold. The difference between 3 (2200) and 1 (3000) is already 800 points.

I am not a draft up kinda guy. I probably would hesitate. But if the Dolphins decide to trade up for a QB I probably take this trade over any other scenario. I am not feeling comfortable to trade up for a QB with such a big injury.

Cincinnati Bengals would receive:

2020 first-round pick (fifth overall)
2020 first-round pick (18th overall)
2020 second-round pick (39th overall)
2021 first-round pick
2021 third-round pick

Miami Dolphins would receive:
2020 first-round pick (first overall)

WAY too much for a team with as many holes as we have.

no ****ing way I do that

In 2004, the New York Giants received:

2004 1st overall pick (Eli)

The San Diego Chargers received:

2004 4th overall pick
2004 3rd-round pick
2005 1st-round pick
2005 5th-round pick

Have you ever heard anyone bring this up? If they did, their answer would be “We traded 4 picks for a two time Super Bowl MVP and 2 Lombardi trophies"
The reason no one brings this up is because the NFL manning family influence. He was never going to play for san Diego. Please research more...

Amazing how much some would give up for a one year wonder.
Not sure how people believe burrow is some generational talent...scary

Maybe the best one year ever in college football. He did it running a pro style system on a team that is frequently good but rarely features prolific passers.

we would still have two first rounders this year, a second rounder this year and also have a first rounder next year.

I think i would be ok with this scenario.

The reasons they give for the Bengals accepting are the very reasons the Dolphins have for NOT REACHING. I don't think this the way to build toward being a perennial contender (which is what Ross says he wants). Betting everything on Burrow is a bad move IMO.

Maybe the best one year ever in college football. He did it running a pro style system on a team that is frequently good but rarely features prolific passers.
One year is one year. Pin my arguement when cicny drafts him and he wins 3 to 5 games...

Probably when he had the best college football season ever.
A can't miss talent is talked about from HS on. Not after 1 year. So you think he is can't miss. How long does it take him to take cicny to the playoffs? Under your definition I would expect them to be perennial winners starting in 2020

Please someone show me thier own mock that had burrow as a 1st rounder last year...anyone

I'll vomit Day-Glo if that trade happens.

I wouldn’t want #9 at #5 let alone trading that insane amount of capital to move up. I firmly believe the dude is fools gold. A fugazi. A one year wonder. Seen his kind before.

Having said that, I’m nervous that’s exactly the type of ridiculous, over reactionary move they’ll make considering how this offseason has already started off with nonsensical coaching turnover and resurrecting the Jets offensive coaching staff from several years ago that was never any good in the first place. It’s like they choose to ignore previous resume.

So, yeah, in the universe the Miami Dolphins live in, that trade would make sense to them. That’s how you know it’s wrong thing to do.

If burrow turned out to be an elite stud in the pros no one would care about the cost. And Grier would keep his job longer.

That’s just the truth of it.

We would care a great deal if he turns out to be no better than Tannehill, or worse. That is an unreasonably high possibility, given NFL history. We only spent a 1st pick 8 on Tannehill. Imagine how much we'd have lost in the hope Burrow can be better? We won't have the picks to quickly build around Burrow, either. Way too many holes to fill taking this path.It's a foolish bet, IMO.

Instead, let's take the more certain path, PLEASE!!? Dolphins have gambled way too much in the past. Time to stop that **it, now we have the means to build wisely. As well as, a coach who's shown he can make the most of talent.

I would absolutely be ok with this.

It's interesting some guys on here over the years preached "never reach for a QB just to draft one, and when you do have conviction for a guy, you do whatever it takes to get him. "

And now no one likes the idea of trading up to get a franchise QB.

Anyone remember what the Eagles traded up to get Wentz? Nope.

How Bout Jared Goff? Nope
Patrick Mahomes? Nope
Watson? Nope
Sam Darnold? Nope..... Most of you have Probably forgot these teams traded up to get these QBs
Why do it when you don't NEED
I don’t advocate the trade up for Burriw but I’m also not sure the “ one good year” argument holds water. I mean Tom Brady was a late bloomer (NFL) and the rest is history.

Tom Brady is an argument that we should be looking for our franchise QB in the 6th instead lol

No. Grier and Flores don’t strike me as guys who value one particular player enough to give up 3 1st round picks plus a 2nd and 3rd rounder. The Bengals would take that trade in a heart beat and be laughing all the way to the bank. Tua and/or Herbert will be sitting there at 5 and they get the 18th, and 39th picks too (plus a 1st and 3rd next year). The only way that trade ever works out for Miami is if Burrow develops into Mahomes 2.0 and we win at least one championship.

Back
Top Bottom