Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article!

Please someone show me thier own mock that had burrow as a 1st rounder last year...anyone

Most had him going late 3rd or lower. This makes it a very good possibility his success this year was a product of system. Sure, he's likely quite good, but how much of it was just HIM? Could another QB have had similar numbers in his place? That's where the uncertainty lies for me.

I would like to ask a serious question to the trade up for burrow crowd. At what point does it not make sense? How many picks would be too much?

Honest question :

If any of you tell me, how much BETTER is Burrow than any other QB (leaving Tua out of the equation because of his injury status) in this years draft?

Can anyone justify he is so much better that you would give up a chance to potentially (obviously you have to ace your draft evaluation homework) add a stud OL or DL in the first round, a stud OL, RB CB or WR in the second AND potentially 2 more next year?

I get it … everyone wants the franchise QB … I get it … every team HAS to have an above average-Elite guy behind center to (probably) be set and, at least, playoff bound for the next decade … so no need to sell me on the importance … but, to reiterate, Is Joe Burrow THAT much better than the others?

Is he a guy that can carry a mediocre team?

For me his skillset and intangibles would have to be off the charts ahead of the others for me to consider moving up at the expense listed.

These aren't "trap" questions … I truly don't know … I have faith in a coaching staff that can take similar talent and intangibles and coach/scheme them into what my team needs … just my knee jerk reaction

BTW … this article seems "media driven" like clickbait to stir the pot … I don't believe the Dolphins would let this leak unless they are driving a hidden agenda … no need to show your hand this early

Again i ask. When did burrow become a cant miss product???

Great question these recency bias folks won’t have an answer for.

Dude is 23 years old and is a 5th year senior. In 5 years, he mustered only one stellar season with arguably one of the better WR cores around. What about last season? What about before that? It just gets ignored???

I mean, Ed freaking Orgeron just won a title running the program. A guy that’ll never he confused for Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Tom Osborne, or even Pete Carroll. That’s why the NFL isn’t going Gaga trying to hire him after this lightning in a bottle season.

An in depth list of Heisman trophy winning QB’s, several of which also were part of a magical Nat’l title season, that never amounted to much in the NFL have been listed in other threads like this one. But it doesn’t help slow the over-the-top roll on #9.

As I’ve said numerous times, if this kid had string together numerous seasons of stellar play (e.g., Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning), I’d feel differently. But the fact that he didn’t makes me skeptical and inclined to believe he’s somewhere in between this season and last.

What happens when he doesn’t have among the better WR cores in the NFL? Or the best line protection? He nearly threw a big pick 6 in that title game that was simply dropped by the DB that might have changed the outcome of an already one-sided officiated game. What happens when he’s on a team that doesn’t get the love from the officials as a ‘great story’ team?

Sorry, I’m just not drinking the kool aid on this guy.

That said, I’m not unequivocally stating that he can’t be good. Or even elite. Nobody knows the future. I just feel the odds of it happening aren’t great given the path of his 5 season collegiate career.

And I don’t see any player in this draft worthy of trading all that capital for. I’m also on record against trading up for Tua Tagovailoa who, when healthy, I feel is a superior prospect.

I really hope the Dolphins remain calm, don’t get overly infatuated with any prospects, and ignore all the smokescreens and hype. Just stand pat at #5 and see who is available to them.

If Tua is there and they feel good about his medical, take him. If he‘s not there at #5 or they don’t feel good about his medical, take another elite talent e.g., Isaiah Simmons or find a trade down partner to acquire more capital if a player they value at #5 isn’t there.

Just don’t put all their eggs in one basket. There’s no John Elway or Peyton Manning uninjured 3-4 season stud QB’s in this draft. They all have serious question marks.

Last edited:
I would absolutely be ok with this.

It's interesting some guys on here over the years preached "never reach for a QB just to draft one, and when you do have conviction for a guy, you do whatever it takes to get him. "

And now no one likes the idea of trading up to get a franchise QB.

Anyone remember what the Eagles traded up to get Wentz? Nope.

How Bout Jared Goff? Nope
Patrick Mahomes? Nope
Watson? Nope
Sam Darnold? Nope..... Most of you have Probably forgot these teams traded up to get these QBs

Goff was the only player that was selected #1 overall. The price teams paid for the other QBs on your list was significantly lower than what we would have to pay for Burrow. Also, if we gave up the 5th, 18th, 39th and a future 1st/3rd picks and got any player on that list other than Mahomes it would be a massive loss.

One year is one year. Pin my arguement when cicny drafts him and he wins 3 to 5 games...

Cincy is coached by Zach Taylor who is an idiot. If he gets drafted by us he's gonna have absolute sheer crap around him. I'm not gonna judge the quality of a QB prospect just by how many wins he might get on a bad team in the short term. Put Joe Burrow on the top half of teams in the league and he'd probably be pretty darn good year one. But that's not the way the draft works.

Great question these recency bias folks won’t have an answer for.

Dude is 23 years old and is a 5th year senior. In 5 years, he mustered only one stellar season with arguably one of the better WR cores around. What about last season? What about before that? It just gets ignored???

I mean, Ed freaking Orgeron just won a title running the program. A guy that’ll never he confused for Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Tom Osborne, or even Pete Carroll. That’s why the NFL isn’t going Gaga trying to hire him after this lightning in a bottle season.

An in depth list of Heisman trophy winning QB’s, several of which also were part of a magical Nat’l title season, that never amounted to much in the NFL have been listed in other threads like this one. But it doesn’t help slow the over the top roll on #9.

As I’ve said numerous times, if this kid had string together numerous seasons of stellar play (e.g., Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning), I’d feel differently. But the fact that he didn’t makes me skeptical and inclined to believe he’s somewhere in between this season and last.

What happens when he doesn’t have among the better WR cores in the NFL? Or the best line protection? He nearly threw a big pick 6 in that title game that was simply dropped by the DB that might have changed the outcome of an already one-sided officiated game. What happens when he’s on a team that doesn’t get the love from the officials as a ‘great story’ team?

Sorry, I’m just not drinking the kool aid on this guy.

That said, I’m not unequivocally stating that he can’t be good. Or even elite. Nobody knows the future. I just feel the odds of it happening aren’t great given the path of his 5 season collegiate career.

And I don’t see any player in this draft worthy of trading all that capital for. I’m also on record against trading up for Tua Tagovailoa who, when healthy, I feel is a superior prospect.

I really hope the Dolphins remain calm, don’t get overly infatuated with any prospects, and ignore all the smokescreens and hype. Just stand pat at #5 and see who is available to them.

If Tua is there and they feel good about his medical, take him. If he‘s not there at #5 or they don’t feel,good about his medical, take another elite talent e.g., Isaiah Simmons or find a trade down partner to acquire more capital if a player they value at #5 isn’t there.

Just don’t put all their eggs in one basket. There’s no John Elway or Peyton Manning uninjured 3-4 season stud QB’s in this draft. They all have serious question marks.
Very intelligent ejay. Be prepared to be attacked by the non intelligent

Cincy is coached by Zach Taylor who is an idiot. If he gets drafted by us he's gonna have absolute sheer crap around him. I'm not gonna judge the quality of a QB prospect just by how many wins he might get on a bad team in the short term. Put Joe Burrow on the top half of teams in the league and he'd probably be pretty darn good year one. But that's not the way the draft works.
Honestly this agruement makes no sense. That's not how the NFL works. Give me a descent qb coming out of college and put him on a team already stacked...ie those in the latter half of draft and they of course have a better chance to succeed.

Last edited:
Not really a valid theory. If the Dolphins really wanted the top QB, they would have lost to get him, the end. The fact that they were willing to sacrifice the top pick to garnish locker capitol means they are comfortable with their draft selections.

They are not trading up, nor would the Bengals trade down. End of story.

Isiah Simmons over a qb? I just can’t do it. I couldn’t do it top 5 anyways in this class but I just can’t do it.

Back
Top Bottom