Would The Dolphins Move Up To #2 For Baker Mayfield? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would The Dolphins Move Up To #2 For Baker Mayfield?

Honestly, if he's their guy that's probably the move they'd have to make. I believe Miami would have to jump the Jets.

No stay at 11 and pick the bpa on their board. I don't think any of these QBs are worth what it would cost to move up.

I'm putting together a 3-round mock draft right now and I have Miami nabbing Minkah Fitzpatrick and Dallas Goedert in rounds 1 and 2. And that wasn't just me mocking Miami, it was how the board fell with every team in consideration.

anyone believing Tannehill will start turning into a franchise/playoffs qb Year 7 is imo setting themselves up for a humongous letdown.. don’t see us going up; i say stay at 11 and pick a franchise OLB; or trade down, still take an OLB, and get additional pick(s)

I'm kind of surprised that both McCarron and Bridgewater went to teams so hellbent on drafting a QB in the first, surely both of those guys could have found a better situation.

If we trade up that high, we are getting Rosen not Baker. I would bet that is who the FO really prefers anyway.

I don't think they do it. Tannehill will be entering his 7th year, 7th freaking year. And scroll up and look at the "break out year" talk or the other nonsense. Hoping A 7th year veteran QB has a HOF type break year to remain a viable starter, is head in the clouds...loco.

We know what Tannehill is and what he isnt. We all have seen it for years. Maybe some need a decade like Davie.

Wow...has it really been 7 years of T-Hill?...just wow...I really didn't know its going to be this long with him.

I will always support whoever the Dolphins QB signal caller is every Sunday, but this just gave me a lot of perspective.

Regardless of supporting cast & injuries/bad luck what we can't disagree with is if he hasn't shown us he's any HOF QB potential by now then yes we have to accept our QB will be mediocre & as an organisation concentrate on other areas of the team where we can out perform.

I think we also need to accept this from a fan base perspective and move on rather than live in hope he suddenly becomes the next Dan Marino.

But 7 years..I still can't get over it...off to drink something a bit stronger.

Right now the Browns own the #1 and #4 pick. They obviously are going to pick a QB at #1.

Teams are certainly going to be willing to trade up to the 4th pick to get a QB....however, knowing that the Browns have already drafted a quarterback, they are probably coming in knowing that since Cleveland isn't going to take one, the 5th pick is as valuable as the 4th.

Here's a thought....and a gamble. The Browns don't like what they are getting offered for the 4th pick and then go ahead and draft a second QB. Could potentially force teams to pay a higher price to get that QB.

I don't see that happening, but it's certainly a thought.

I'm putting together a 3-round mock draft right now and I have Miami nabbing Minkah Fitzpatrick and Dallas Goedert in rounds 1 and 2. And that wasn't just me mocking Miami, it was how the board fell with every team in consideration.
This is my mock draft as well.

I am afraid the LBs both go to the bay area and we will have to "settle" (LOL) for Fitzpatrick. I really was not fond of him but I think he may be the Last Piece in the secondary. For a LONG time to come.

I think Goedert is a Jason Witten waiting to happen.

We're not getting him tomorrow and he'll probably end up with one of our division rivals, but this is still pretty cool.

I'm hearing the Dolphins will draft Mayfield at 11 if there.It's all but confirmed.

God, I hope not.

gettyimages-9003608241-e1524429271912.jpg

Getty Images

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/22/will-bills-or-dolphins-jump-jets-for-mayfield/
Move down a few spots and pick Mason Rudolph, I think he is better than all of the rest.

No, we don't have the ammo to move up to #2.
Actually, #5 or #6 is about the highest we could go.

(as Grier and company said, they could move up.
It's just they don't have the ammo to go up to the #2 that you mentioned)
QB isn't a pressing concern if Tannehill is healthy, but ..... get Rudolph in the second round, get LB in the first, it's time for KIko to get packing.

Back
Top Bottom