Would The Dolphins Move Up To #2 For Baker Mayfield? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would The Dolphins Move Up To #2 For Baker Mayfield?

Needs....Lb, TE, DT, G, QB, DB's, RB. You give up at the very minimum 2 picks in this draft, and likely a 1st next to move up to 2 to get the QB and there goes a real shot at an impact player at all those other positions for this year and next..............Hell No!

Personally, if Gase believes that Mayfield is going to be another Drew Brees, I think you do it, let Mayfield sit this season and learn, and then trade Tannehill next year and recoup some of those picks you send to jump to 2.

Tannehill has the potential to win playoffs games, yes. But a true franchise QB is better than that and can change the fortunes of this franchise for the next 2 decades.

Well I mean even Drew Brees can’t win without a team around him. Putting a rookie in this scenario would ruin him.

There’s no clear consensus #1 qb, just continues to prove the QBs this year aren’t all their cracked up to be. Let the draft play out.

I still cannot understand the Jets' move up to #3 at that time. Obviously they are targeting someone. How do you know that they will be available when you pick? Wait till Indy is on the clock, see if your guy is still there and then trade.
The plan for the Jets to move up is simple.

“We will take freaking anybody. Because anybody is better than nobody.”

Remember Tannehill was picked at #8, is he a franchise player?
just might be. theres a decent chance the top 3 qbs in this draft will not be as good as Tannehill.

make your capital investment elsewhere and pick up a qb in rnd 3 or 4.

just might be. theres a decent chance the top 3 qbs in this draft will not be as good as Tannehill.

make your capital investment elsewhere and pick up a qb in rnd 3 or 4.
one draftnik's scores (and yeah, there are some swings and misses among the top ranked)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/s...s-every-first-round-qb-2008-plus-2018-top-qbs

According to McShay Darnold = Tannehill
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/todd-mcshay-2018-nfl-draft-qb-grades-comparison

i don't think dolphins are looking to draft a qb. because if that was. they would nt be that open about qb.....I think dolphins are looking for trade partner. the only way dolphins draft young qb. is to buy time for Gase and tbum. that mean thill17 will be trade or cut next yr

Unreal..it's just keeps getting worst. Thank goodness the draft will be over this weekend.

disingenuous statements. first, Tannehill was in his 5th year when decommissioned.

second, he DID HAVE HIS BREAKOUT year in that year- it was just cut short by a cheap shot. We have a QB returning who will be damn good when the rust knocks off after a few weeks of reg season.

It doesn't negate the fact he will be 30. And can we talk about the season you and others hold up as proof, in totality? Not just a hot streak, or run?

Hey, I believe the guy is married to the Fish for another 3 years at least. He is Ross QB. Until that changes it's what you do to make him successful. I can only hope for a few decent years until that reality changes.

(We) should be fully aware what happened last year isnt the norm.
The only thing I’m aware of is every year is a new year and it takes a complete football team to perform at an elite level to win the championship.

Accomplishing such a feat doesn’t solely rest on the QB.

That said, the last time Ryan suited up he looked better than normal.

I fully expect that to continue.

The only thing I’m aware of is every year is a new year and it takes a complete football team to perform at an elite level to win the championship.

Accomplishing such a feat doesn’t solely rest on the QB.

That said, the last time Ryan suited up he looked better than normal.

I fully expect that to continue.

Understood. I just think the current QB will never live up to expectations.

Back
Top Bottom