Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

• Total voters
With Burrow likely out of reach, Herbert and Eason looking awkward, Tua injured and Fromm struggling putting points up on the board, plus the ball security issues, Love struggling wo a supporting cast and Hurts not being the type of QB the FO looks for...

Would you be mad if we punted say, the Texans' 1st into a 1st and 2nd next year and tried to pick a QB again next year?

Yes, that would mean another year of Fitz and Rosen.

Personally, I'd rather keep gaining momentum collecting as many picks as possible and hit some sort of critical mass where no QB can scape us, lol!

4 1sts and 4 2nds would be possible or even more! Lol!

I'm not voting. There has to be a middle ground - "Undecided," "depends on who's available," something besides yes or no.
I don't want to take a projected low R1 QB just because he's available and trading down isn't always going to work. It also depends on who else is available at any pick. Waiting a year isn't make or break. OTOH, I DO think Miami will get a lower R1 pick, so the chance at the 'can't miss' guy will be gone, so the choices will be limited.

I'm inclined 'get a QB in '20, but don't take one just because.

I’m hoping tua and love stay in school, we can trade down and build the lines and have **** loads of draft capital the following year for Tua, Lawrence, Fields, Love, etc

I have been thinking long and hard about this whole QB thing, and who to draft...It's a very awkward year because pre-season it looked like there would be a ton of promising QB's, and now not so much.
I think:
1)Don't overreach. Draft the best player at our pick that fills a need(pretty much every position).
2)Snag a QB at some point. The best fit for this Offense might be someone we haven't been focusing on. But definitely pick one who fits what we do.
3)Trade down and push picks forward. As has been mentioned, Lawrence and Fields next year, but I've also been hearing about a couple of other guys, the Cincinnati QB, and a guy from Wake Forest. We have to see. We have so little real NFL talent on this team that any young QB is going to struggle considering what is around him.
Hey, maybe Tua will declare(I bet he does- if that hip isn't right and he goes back to Alabama he is going to lose a year- if he declares, a team can draft him and let him sit a year, a la Mahomes, heal, learn, and be ready the following year) and if he does, maybe he will be available later after a trade down. If we could get him with our 2nd first rounder, or after a trade of our own pick, then go for it. That's good value.
Remember when Marino came here, he was able to succeed in a large part because there was an established team around him- they had just come off a Super Bowl appearance. He slid right into a perfect position. Any new QB coming here is not. We really have to bolster the line, add RB's, maybe a TE and a receiver, or no QB has a chance. So unless it's a perfect fit, don't reach and create an unwinnable situation for some poor kid.

Not in the least bit.

We are barely above expansion franchise status, talent wise.

The more picks we have in the future the better. I'd keep "punting" picks as the OP said, for more value the following year.

It behooves wrhichever QB this franchise decides to invest in to set foot on the field with the most talented possible roster around him.

Starting with the QB seems like the only option to so many fans, doesn't necessarily make the most sense.
Lol, you do realize the very 1st position an expansion team drafts is QB.

LoL... you do realize that this is just to keep the new fans amused and not to actually win games? Umm... right?

Because those QBs have done so well... right?

Ahem...

LOL

60% see no issue with NOT drafting a QB!!!
Wow if we don't I'll start a list of you guys so I can dump my season tickets on you.
I'd love to draft a QB.

But I'm not drafting one just so I can say I did.

No wasted picks!

Let's hope we love a QB when we pick, we pick him, and he turns out.

But if we don't, don't just pick one anyway.

LoL... you do realize that this is just to keep the new fans amused and not to actually win games? Umm... right?

Because those QBs have done so well... right?

Ahem...

LOL
So drafting a QB when we don't have one is to keep fans amused and not part of a rebuild? I love your arguments. Please keep going.

I'd love to draft a QB.

No wasted picks!

I honestly don't think there is any one here that is saying draft a qb only for the sake of drafting a qb.
I'm certainly not saying that.
But yes, find your guy and draft him. It can be at 4 or the 2nd round.

I went one step further... I looked it up.

Tampa didn't take a QB in the first til their third year (Doug Williams)
Jacksonville didn't take one til their 8th year. (Leftwich)
Seattle took one in '91, started playing in '76 (McGwire)
Houston took Carr and ruined him. He was better than his brother.

So... you are hearby permitted to come into this thread and admit that you were wrong... like a grown man can do.

I will wait.

I'd love to draft a QB.

No wasted picks!

At this point taking a qb is not a wasted pick. It’s a wasted pick if we don’t take one as finding a franchise qb is by far the most important step to pulling this franchise out of the dumos.

Would you settle for 4 to 5 games??? It probably won’t take a year to evaluate him.

No, actually I wouldn't.

I'm old school. QBs shouldn't start their first couple of years, especially the pocket guys. It takes time for them to develop, for the game to slow down for them, especially for guys like Rosen who came out early. (Burrow is actually older than Rosen btw).

Running Qbs start quicker, are ready quicker... but they don't last. They break down and most are done by the time they are 32 or so. (like running backs).

Developing a team requires patience, and if Flores thinks Rosen is the guy, I'm gonna watch and wait... not throw a tantrum.

At this point taking a qb is not a wasted pick. It’s a wasted pick if we don’t take one as finding a franchise qb is by far the most important step to pulling this franchise out of the dumos.
It might be a wasted pick, if we take someone just to take him.

I went one step further... I looked it up.

Tampa didn't take a QB in the first til their third year (Doug Williams)
Jacksonville didn't take one til their 8th year. (Leftwich)
Seattle took one in '91, started playing in '76 (McGwire)
Houston took Carr and ruined him. He was better than his brother.

So... you are hearby permitted to come into this thread and admit that you were wrong... like a grown man can do.

I will wait.
Lol you really need a win today huh. No prob. I'll completely ignore you're lacking of understanding on expansion.

You are right, I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom