Would You Be Upset If We Go Cb 1st Round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Be Upset If We Go Cb 1st Round?

Several things I'm expecting from this new regime. 1) Drafting a lot of DB's 2) Expect more trade downs to acquire more picks 3) Letting players leave after rookie contracts expire to gain comp picks, for under achieving or under performing players 4) F/A signings will be calculating and rarely considered over spending.

Normally I wouldn’t but I don’t really consider any CB worthy of pick 13. So I’d be less than thrilled.

I’m fully expecting defense at 13 or a trade down come April. He did learn from
Belicheck.

Why would CB upset anyone at #13?

Because we have X (who missed 4 games last year) and Minkah?

I don’t get it. Truly. CB is fine, DE is fine, OLine is fine. Kyler Murray is great.

Nope not at all. CB is still a need for Miami. It was a glaring need in 2018, and that still hasn't changed. CB #2 should be a priority. Adding to Howard, Fitzpatrick and McCain should only help make the secondary better. Can't count on Tankersley to make a comeback. Think Miami might move on from him, if he's not fully recovered.

They should stick Tank on IR to start the season with return designation. Let him get his head right and give him time to recover some more.

Reshad Jones can't stay healthy to save his life. He has nerve damage in one shoulder and a torn labrum (plus other stuff) in the other shoulder. He's expensive as hell and literally, literally walked off the field last year during a game because he was pissed off at a coach. And then started blasting the coaches for using him wrong. His remaining time here is short, if he has any at all.

Until/unless you put in the work I do, you don't really have any business suggesting that I am over thinking something about this team. You can disagree with me all you want and that's fine.

If we can trade Reshad for a 2nd or more I would make that trade.

Not really the patriots way to invest high draft capitol in corners. and when they have they’ve whiffed by and large

Not expecting it personally unless they get front personnel for poa play ask another way.

There's really no evidence that it would cost that much so it's kind of a silly question to ask.

I have conviction that he's a franchise quarterback that will be one of the most threatening signal callers in the NFL for however long he plays, which I assume will be an average length of time.

What is that worth to you?

It's worth to me whatever the market will bear. There is such a thing as him just being out of reach. If Arizona or Oakland are trying to tell you they covet him, yet they're offering to trade you the pick, I'd call their bluff. I'd make them prove it by trying to go deep into negotiations for Josh Rosen or Derek Carr, and if they're not willing to part with them, then you know they're bluffing.

But if another team is after the pick and they're offering what you say then yes, ultimately I'll pay the price the market bears.

This is QB1 in this draft, and an absolutely unique prospect. You can't really say that every year. You tried to compare this to what I said about Weeden but that's really a very poor comparison since Andrew Luck was my QB1 in that draft and had been for literally 2.5 years.

Wait, how is that a silly question to ask when there is some precedent to support it could realistically cost that much to move from #13 to #1 overall?

Our very own Ricky Williams cost the Saints to move from "#12" to "#5" in the 1999 draft 2 1's, 2 2's and the rest of their draft.

That was for a RB. So don't tell me it's silly to consider it could cost more to guarantee the selection at #1 overall for a QB. Moreover, the Cardinals would have to be blown away to pass up the opportunity to draft Murray and drop all the way to #13.

I think you're greatly underestimating how much that would cost.

As long as Murray is on the board offer 13 and 2020 first and Kenyan Drake and hell throw in gesicki if they want him too to go get him.

Depending on if they will take a 2021 2 back I might offer that also.

I think you can at least get to 5 with the package I’ve referenced. Hell might get to 5 with Drake your 2020 1 and pick #13.

However high I can get with my 2020 1 and my 19 pick 13 as the true carrots I’m going for Murray

Don’t let the Giants or jags have their pick at 6 or 7

Trump it.

I’d really like to see this front offices balls drop in this draft

We have the ammo

Wait, how is that a silly question to ask when there is some precedent to support it could realistically cost that much to move from #13 to #1 overall?

Our very own Ricky Williams cost the Saints to move from "#12" to "#5" in the 1999 draft 2 1's, 2 2's and the rest of their draft.

That was for a RB. So don't tell me it's silly to consider it could cost more to guarantee the selection at #1 overall for a QB. Moreover, the Cardinals would have to be blown away to pass up the opportunity to draft Murray and drop all the way to #13.

I think you're greatly underestimating how much that would cost.

Perhaps so. But I don't think so.

As I said though, if the Cardinals are saying they're going to draft Murray, then at that point the negotiations are done for me. Because I don't believe they really would be of the mindset that they're going to give up on Josh Rosen and go with Kyler Murray, unless we give them draft picks, and then they'll be OK going all the way down to 13 overall and ending up with some non-elite player like Christian Wilkins or Jawaan Taylor.

If the Cardinals are truly after Kyler Murray, it's done. There is such a thing as a player being out of reach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom