Would You Be Upset If We Go Cb 1st Round? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Be Upset If We Go Cb 1st Round?

The whole build the trenches thing is weird to me.

Clearly Miami needs some help on the interior of the line, even if they keep Ja'Wuan James.

But if you think the NE defense is built on the backs of their "front seven" then you're sorely mistaken.

Hey CK, I respectfully disagree. While it is true that since aroud 2014 NE has relied more heavily on the back end, and Hyper Defensive alignments, (Is there anything smaller than a "dime" package?), BUT before that, well some names come to mind, Richard Seymour, Anthony Pleasant, Ty Warren, Dan Klecko, Keith Traylor, Ted Washington, Vince Wilfork, and don't get me started with LBs.(Larry Izzo et al).

Of course not every draft has these types of players, and with the emphasis of the NFL allowing more "room" for scoring, I am sure The Evil Emperor realized that it would make more sense to find good DBs, not pro bowl, but good solid DBs and use them to shut down the opposing offenses, so he did what he does, adapted himself and his "system" to the talent and situation available. I will say that while BB is a genius at this, he barely beat KC, and they have yet to face a power running team with the current D permutation, so there is that also.

So with this in mind I still contend, that the Phins need to rebuild both lines, before anything else.

One other thing, you and I have something in common, we both have a brand, and while I have yet to monetize mine, you seem to be doing quite well with monetizing yours. Unfortunately, for some, there is a level of emotional immaturity. When they see someone who has successfully built a brand online, they think, "hey he has a computer, I have a computer, I am just as good as he is, because the "internet", and why should he be successful and not me. It is a form of childish jealousy that causes these folks to always take personal shots, rather than debating the issue at hand. My guess would be that your evaluations are most likely in the 60% range, and if I am correct, if you were in my business, you would be doing really well. Any way a shout out of support to you and yours.

The Ever Shouting Out VIPER

Hey CK, I respectfully disagree. While it is true that since aroud 2014 NE has relied more heavily on the back end, and Hyper Defensive alignments, (Is there anything smaller than a "dime" package?), BUT before that, well some names come to mind, Richard Seymour, Anthony Pleasant, Ty Warren, Dan Klecko, Keith Traylor, Ted Washington, Vince Wilfork, and don't get me started with LBs.(Larry Izzo et al).

Of course not every draft has these types of players, and with the emphasis of the NFL allowing more "room" for scoring, I am sure The Evil Emperor realized that it would make more sense to find good DBs, not pro bowl, but good solid DBs and use them to shut down the opposing offenses, so he did what he does, adapted himself and his "system" to the talent and situation available. I will say that while BB is a genius at this, he barely beat KC, and they have yet to face a power running team with the current D permutation, so there is that also.

So with this in mind I still contend, that the Phins need to rebuild both lines, before anything else.

One other thing, you and I have something in common, we both have a brand, and while I have yet to monetize mine, you seem to be doing quite well with monetizing yours. Unfortunately, for some, there is a level of emotional immaturity. When they see someone who has successfully built a brand online, they think, "hey he has a computer, I have a computer, I am just as good as he is, because the "internet", and why should he be successful and not me. It is a form of childish jealousy that causes these folks to always take personal shots, rather than debating the issue at hand. My guess would be that your evaluations are most likely in the 60% range, and if I am correct, if you were in my business, you would be doing really well. Any way a shout out of support to you and yours.

The Ever Shouting Out VIPER

Curious what business is that?

I'll be upset with any player not named Kyler Murray.

that would be so dolphins. follow a bad 1st rd qb pick with another. don't want to argue. just want to say i didn't like the tannehill pick and i'll dislike the murray pick even more.

that would be so dolphins. follow a bad 1st rd qb pick with another. don't want to argue. just want to say i didn't like the tannehill pick and i'll dislike the murray pick even more.

You wouldn’t take Murray at 13 or is your gripe with a major trade up?

Back to the subject, I’m fine trading down for a DB but there’s no way the value at 13 is a DB given how the draft should shake out. I don’t care if the new scheme requires 10 DB’s on the field, you play to the strengths of the draft.

The Dolphins will probably be onto Christian Wilkins at 13 if they don't trade down. But I can't help but wonder if a trade-down has been in the offing for basically a year, since they refused to do it last year despite Steve Ross's wanting them to.

I'd be extremely disappointed if we took a corner in the first at #13. Word circulating around the Combine among GMs is that there's only one first round corner, Deandre Baker. Greedy, Byron, & Rock are graded as second rounders. Greedy lacks strength, gets bumped and out-physicaled, can't play inside, lacks instincts and awareness, doesn't have feel or make plays in off man coverage, and lacks the speed a team would want for a 180-pounder.

I'd be extremely disappointed if we took a corner in the first at #13. Word circulating around the Combine among GMs is that there's only one first round corner, Deandre Baker. Greedy, Byron, & Rock are graded as second rounders. Greedy lacks strength, gets bumped and out-physicaled, can't play inside, lacks instincts and awareness, doesn't have feel or make plays in off man coverage, and lacks the speed a team would want for a 180-pounder.

Preach

Would be very difficult for me to trade down if a Wilkins or Oliver is on the board.

Back
Top Bottom