Would You Be Upset If We Go Cb 1st Round? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Be Upset If We Go Cb 1st Round?

His response is telling. He can't see he may be wrong, and instead attacks you.

He does decent work, but he isn't some all knowing power in which you follow off a cliff.

Funny, from what I’ve seen, he pretty clearly admits when he’s been wrong about a player.

And here’s the thing: CK actually HAS opinions about players who haven’t been tested in the NFL yet aside from “this player sucks” or the wonderful “I knew this player wasn’t going to make it from the time he was in Pee Wee league! No, really. I was there.”

Pretty sure if you remind a guy about every time he was wrong about a player he went out on a limb about, or pulls a “you’ve lost your mind” it’s okay that he reminds you about the times he was right. Particularly when he puts in the work.

No, but, it would depend on if the player is close to the "BPA" or he some reach that was pegged to go day 2.

This team needs talent in a lot of places. As long as the player doesn't bust, it's a good pick, no matter the position right now.

The average NFL career is 3 1/2 - 4 yrs. How does he know he is going to be a franchise QB? Ever heard of David Carr, Ryan Leaf, or Jamar Russell?

Sure I have. They weren’t franchise QBs. If you read what you quoted, it’s very clear that he feels Murray will be a franchise QB. So I don’t think the 3-1/2 - 4 year thing applies.

You do some good work. But let's not act like your opinion is infallible. I remember your takes on Pat White, and "revolutionizing" the QB position.

That had everything to do with a level of respect that was missing in his response, and nothing to do with disagreeing with my opinion. Which I even stated, explicitly. If you can't see that, that's on you.

If there's one thing I hate it's this smarmy, "oh the great evaluator is over thinking this and blah blah blah" crap. **** off. If you've got a different opinion that's fine. State your disagreement. State your different opinion. Don't presume to tell me how exactly I came to my own opinion. Ask me and I'll tell you.

As for Pat White, umm, ok. I gave the pick a "D" grade, said that the best you're hoping for is that he becomes a Seneca Wallace long term backup QB, and that you went ahead and took that in the mid-2nd round which is a bad idea, and then I talked about the myriad ways I believe all of these theories about Pat White evolving the Wildcat into Wildcat 2.0 are totally misguided and reflect a misunderstanding of the nature of the Wildcat as a power running formation. But...ok.

Last edited:
Sure I have. They weren’t franchise QBs. If you read what you quoted, it’s very clear that he feels Murray will be a franchise QB. So I don’t think the 3-1/2 - 4 year thing applies.
You might have thought they weren't "the guy",but 99% of the pundits thought they were. Hindsight is 20/20.

There's really no evidence that it would cost that much so it's kind of a silly question to ask.

I have conviction that he's a franchise quarterback that will be one of the most threatening signal callers in the NFL for however long he plays, which I assume will be an average length of time.

What is that worth to you?

It's worth to me whatever the market will bear. There is such a thing as him just being out of reach. If Arizona or Oakland are trying to tell you they covet him, yet they're offering to trade you the pick, I'd call their bluff. I'd make them prove it by trying to go deep into negotiations for Josh Rosen or Derek Carr, and if they're not willing to part with them, then you know they're bluffing.

But if another team is after the pick and they're offering what you say then yes, ultimately I'll pay the price the market bears.

This is QB1 in this draft, and an absolutely unique prospect. You can't really say that every year. You tried to compare this to what I said about Weeden but that's really a very poor comparison since Andrew Luck was my QB1 in that draft and had been for literally 2.5 years.

If, IF, Miami picks a CB, I believe they are regressing to some bad old days. Wrong player, wrong time, wrong position. This team has to be built to, first and above all else beat New England. A CB will not help, why? Because NE is moving toward a power running game. The Emperor knows that he can't get rid of his aging QB, so he does what he always does, he adapts. A CB negates one player, a quality inside lineman can negate several players. For example, hurrying, sacking, and harassing the QB can negate TEs, WRs, etc. In fact the Rams did a great defensive job against NE, it is too bad Gurley was not physically able to play to his full potential, I believe the outcome would have been different. Of course the Rams coaches lack of adaptability, in the face of knowing their #1 RB was at about 10% didn't help either.

As far as Kyler Murray is concerned. About a thousand years ago, I said Jay Ajayi would have a Super Bowl ring before the Phis won a SB, I said this because the probabilities of Phil winning a SB at that time were very high, and his addition, raised those probabilities. So I think the probabilities surrounding K. Murrey are against him, he is too short and his hands are too small to be a great success in the NFL, he may cause a splash to start with but once the opposing DC's figure out how much he is "arc" challenged it will be hard for him to make headway. And yes I know D. Brees is not over 6 ft but he is not 5'10" either.

The Ever Observant VIPER

If, IF, Miami picks a CB, I believe they are regressing to some bad old days. Wrong player, wrong time, wrong position. This team has to be built to, first and above all else beat New England. A CB will not help, why? Because NE is moving toward a power running game. The Emperor knows that he can't get rid of his aging QB, so he does what he always does, he adapts. A CB negates one player, a quality inside lineman can negate several players. For example, hurrying, sacking, and harassing the QB can negate TEs, WRs, etc. In fact the Rams did a great defensive job against NE, it is too bad Gurley was not physically able to play to his full potential, I believe the outcome would have been different. Of course the Rams coaches lack of adaptability, in the face of knowing their #1 RB was at about 10% didn't help either.

As far as Kyler Murray is concerned. About a thousand years ago, I said Jay Ajayi would have a Super Bowl ring before the Phis won a SB, I said this because the probabilities of Phil winning a SB at that time were very high, and his addition, raised those probabilities. So I think the probabilities surrounding K. Murrey are against him, he is too short and his hands are too small to be a great success in the NFL, he may cause a splash to start with but once the opposing DC's figure out how much he is "arc" challenged it will be hard for him to make headway. And yes I know D. Brees is not over 6 ft but he is not 5'10" either.

The Ever Observant VIPER

I particularly appreciated this part, hence I hit the Like button.

Disagree with you on pretty much everything else though. Think you're betting on the wrong side of history with respect to Kyler Murray. But that'll come out the way it comes out.

Chung isn't even that good...

Sure their front 7 set the tone but it's not what kept the Rams from scoring.

Yea stopping that run game from getting to the edge and keeping the Rams run game between the tackles had nothing to do with how the Rams were kept in check.

And Chung is that good.

Funny, from what I’ve seen, he pretty clearly admits when he’s been wrong about a player.

And here’s the thing: CK actually HAS opinions about players who haven’t been tested in the NFL yet aside from “this player sucks” or the wonderful “I knew this player wasn’t going to make it from the time he was in Pee Wee league! No, really. I was there.”

Pretty sure if you remind a guy about every time he was wrong about a player he went out on a limb about, or pulls a “you’ve lost your mind” it’s okay that he reminds you about the times he was right. Particularly when he puts in the work.

That's all well and good. But when you throw out the response he did, expect the arrows to come back 10 fold. I and many others got it for 7 years concerning Tannehill from you folks.

Yea stopping that run game from getting to the edge and keeping the Rams run game between the tackles had nothing to do with how the Rams were kept in check.

And Chung is that good.

That was Gurley not getting snaps. If he was 100% that front 7 isn't stopping anything.

Chung is solid at run support and worse than Reshad Jones in coverage.

That had everything to do with a level of respect that was missing in his response, and nothing to do with disagreeing with my opinion. Which I even stated, explicitly. If you can't see that, that's on you.

If there's one thing I hate it's this smarmy, "oh the great evaluator is over thinking this and blah blah blah" crap. **** off. If you've got a different opinion that's fine. State your disagreement. State your different opinion. Don't presume to tell me how exactly I came to my own opinion. Ask me and I'll tell you.

As for Pat White, umm, ok. I gave the pick a "D" grade, said that the best you're hoping for is that he becomes a Seneca Wallace long term backup QB, and that you went ahead and took that in the mid-2nd round which is a bad idea, and then I talked about the myriad ways I believe all of these theories about Pat White evolving the Wildcat into Wildcat 2.0 are totally misguided and reflect a misunderstanding of the nature of the Wildcat as a power running formation. But...ok.

I didnt pull that quote out of thin air. It's been filed away in the mental rolodex since I read it back then. It's also where I personally started taking your opinion with a grain of salt.

I said you have decent insight and evaluations, but you are not infallible.

That was Gurley not getting snaps. If he was 100% that front 7 isn't stopping anything.

Chung is solid at run support and worse than Reshad Jones in coverage.

Here we go. Can we deal with reality, and no what ifs?

1st rd pick should be good right out gate. as long as he can start day one. I don't care. I understand qb?

Back
Top Bottom