Would You Be Upset If We Were Like Cleveland? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Be Upset If We Were Like Cleveland?

There is a difference between discussing how the Browns draft picks affect the Dolphins draft and talking about how great the Browns are going to be and how terrible the Dolphins are now. It is fine to have differing opinions on the team both positive and negative. However when it gets to the point where people are constantly talking about the Browns and their supposed new found greatness, it gets old quick.
It's gone off topic. I was speaking of the last 2 or 3 years. Would you be any worse off on how you felt about the dolphins direction if we sucked as bad as they did. Looking at their draft scenario now and cap room I wish we he had just sucked. Mediocrity has killed us in more ways then one. Even Zach Thomas had let it slip before, "I wish we lost more games so we could draft some talent". No one wants to lose but winning meaningless games is costly. People can argue higher draft picks don't equal better talent but they are statistically dead wrong. Note I did not say success. I would not accept Cleveland's last 10 years but sucking for 2 or 3 with a better front office then theirs, sure i would of took it all day. Now I do think that we are better off right now with the moves we made on offense than last year, easily. Defense though, HUGE hole left by Sue. Now imagine if you could draft Vae/Hurst/Payne with Edmunds or Roquan or trade from 4 and pick up 2 more 1st round picks plus all the picks that have in the 2nd. That's a serious injection of talent.

Well the Colts DID suck for Luck and I see they are still drafting higher than us. One player doesn’t turn your team around. You have to have a long term vision, draft well and put the team together. And after all the greatest planning it still comes down to some (lower case) luck.

It's gone off topic. I was speaking of the last 2 or 3 years. Would you be any worse off on how you felt about the dolphins direction if we sucked as bad as they did. Looking at their draft scenario now and cap room I wish we he had just sucked. Mediocrity has killed us in more ways then one. Even Zach Thomas had let it slip before, "I wish we lost more games so we could draft some talent". No one wants to lose but winning meaningless games is costly. People can argue higher draft picks don't equal better talent but they are statistically dead wrong. Note I did not say success. I would not accept Cleveland's last 10 years but sucking for 2 or 3 with a better front office then theirs, sure i would of took it all day. Now I do think that we are better off right now with the moves we made on offense than last year, easily. Defense though, HUGE hole left by Sue. Now imagine if you could draft Vae/Hurst/Payne with Edmunds or Roquan or trade from 4 and pick up 2 more 1st round picks plus all the picks that have in the 2nd. That's a serious injection of talent.

Yeah looking at it now in hindsight I can say maybe I would have rather seen the team lose more games to get better draft picks with more chances to add elite talent. However the Browns have been bad for a long time, in that time period they have had a much better chance to turn things around yet they have not. Also during the season when the team is still statistically alive for a playoff spot, I just can't bring myself to root for them to lose. I guess I am just hard headed that way. Don't see the big picture ahead of time maybe. Of course like I said the constant losing hasn't worked for the Browns just yet. Maybe they finally turned the corner. They are sitting pretty with all those picks and cap space. Of course I would love for the Dolphins to have those resources. I think the biggest thing to success in the NFL is having a great coaching staff and front office.Basically a winning system in place that has proven to be successful. I am not the biggest Tannenbaum fan, don't really know what to think about Grier just yet but I do have some belief that Gase can become a winning NFL head coach. I am one of those who believes a lot of the moves that the team has made this off-season will make them a better overall team in the long run. Just hope they can finally hit on some elite talent in the upcoming draft.

If we traded down instead of drafting a Vae or Edmunds and got an extra 2nd and drafted say Hurst or Esch and Rudolph and goedert would that make people happy? Personally Barkley is my favorite but that extremely unlikely. I'd be more likely to keep my 11 and grab hopefully Edmunds then goedert in the 2nd. I'd actually maybe even trade back up into the first ..like pick 30 or 31 to end my night knowing I got 2 studs I desperately need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom