Would You Be Upset If We Were Like Cleveland? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Be Upset If We Were Like Cleveland?

Do you honestly believe NFL fans really know about any of those moves outside of Bullygate? You know them bc you’re a fan. To be a laughingstock you need to have common fans know you stink and are atrocious. That isn’t going on here.

I don't just believe it, I know it. I have a lot of conversations about football, and there aren't many Dolphins fans around me here in NJ. If they are football fans, they know more than you are thinking.

I wasn't aware my post had predictions in it.
I'll bite, though. Browns might not be 500, but they'll be as good as or better than Miami next season within 1 win. You can take that to the bank.

Ok noted. We will come back to this post in January.

I wish we had Cleveland's picks, obviously that would require no wins or possibly one and who the hell wants that.

Well I don't know what will happen in 2018. I do believe the Dolphins will be a better team than the Browns. The Browns will most likely be better than they were in 2017, can't be any worse than 0-16. Especially with all those "picks and money". Still don't see them winning more than 8 games. I do know that Hugh Jackson is 9-39 as a head coach in the NFL with his best record being 8-8 when he was with the Raiders. While Adam Gase's record as a head coach is 16-17. Gase took his team to the playoffs as a rookie head coach. Hugh Jackson has never taken a team to the playoffs. Of course teams can improve as can coaches. I am a Dolphins fan so I am a little biased, but my vote is for Adam Gase and his team. To the winner goes the bump in January. The losers get to eat the crow.

We have been for years. It started with the whole Ross trying to hire Harbaugh before firing Sparano, the Bullygate, the move up to #3 for Dion Jordan, Philbin's inept attempts at coaching a football team, our search for a GM and nobody wanted to even interview for the job, the hiring of Tannebaum. I could go on. I'm not the only one who has said it or feels that way. Look back at a number of posts on this board. It's been references many times before.
Go back further. This trend of half-efforts started with Johnson. Fans nor ownership have ever completely embraced and endured a full regime change and roster purge at any point since Shula left. At no single time have we had a GM, HC, FO, Staff, QB and entire 53 players all brought in by each other. Half measures. Half results.

Look at the franchises who are winners. They have continuity. We don't.

Look at any franchise who had sustained success for 4 or more years recently. Look at their leadership structure, tenure and QB. You can't build a winning culture by changing it every 2 - 3 years.

I would be far beyond upset. For Cleveland fans their season has effectively been over as early as October for 12 out of the last 19 years. By comparison, the Dolphins have had 4 seasons in that time where their playoff hopes were all but dead that early. By my count, the Browns have only had 4 seasons in the past 19 where they played a meaningful game in December. I wouldn't want that in exchange for a guaranteed Superbowl appearance, let alone a bunch of good draft picks in a single mediocre draft class.

Edit: I had forgotten the actual premise of the OP by the time I finished reading everything lol. My answer is the same though. 1 win over 2 years? In exchange for 1st, 4th, and three 2nd rounders in this draft class? No thanks.

Last edited:
I respect the Browns. They have an incredible loyal fan base, maybe the most loyal in all of the NFL.

Well we are headed their with the same dude that got them there, so don't hold your breath. Heck no I don't want to go either.

I don't just believe it, I know it. I have a lot of conversations about football, and there aren't many Dolphins fans around me here in NJ. If they are football fans, they know more than you are thinking.

Well I too know a lot of people who follow the game and not one of them see Miami as the laughingstock of the league.

Do with that info what you must.

If they drafted wentz last year yes. But they didn’t so I’d rather be so many other teams. The browns suck.
Take the years Gase has been coach and and give us Cleveland's record sitting in their draft scenario now, would you really be any more disappointed those years if you only won 1 or none? No playoffs who cares right? You would want to see some flashes of brilliance from your draft picks and know it's going to come together with some more pieces so you know you made good decisions, but at this point I'm kinda pissed we won meaningless games though.

Are there any proofs out there that the Browns are heading in the right direction or is it just the part about picks and money?

Browns the last 3 years, won 3, won 1, won 0...

Not only is that putrid, how the hell does someone call that heading in the right direction?

Are there any proofs out there that the Browns are heading in the right direction or is it just the part about picks and money?

Browns the last 3 years, won 3, won 1, won 0...

Not only is that putrid, how the hell does someone call that heading in the right direction?
Look up the history of the current front office in Cleveland.
Just as you can predict the success of Tannebaum from his past, you can predict the success of the Browns current front office.
Otherwise, losing teams would always be losing. You could have said "the Eagles have been so average how could you say they're headed in the right direction?"

Back
Top Bottom