Would you consider... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you consider...

Im not sold on Tua but this coaching staff seems to be all in on him so I dont think this is even up for debate. especially if Tua gets his big contract soon (I wouldn't give him one right now). I dont know much about the QBs in this class but if I was in front office I would be doing my due diligence because there is a very real possibility that we continue to see the same Tua who fails to deliver when we need him to and we need to move on from him after this season OR he has another season ending injury. But then again if that happens then this whole front office/coaching staff will probably be fired so it would be a moot point to even think about the future after Tua. And Im sure this office realizes this and understands this as well thusly, even if the all mighty caleb williams falls to us I think we still pass.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

No, absolutely 100% u equivocal no.

But that's GRYPHONK

Disclaimer: I dont want this to become a Tua pro/con shitstorm. This is a serious draft/football question for serious debate. PLEASE.

Question: If JJ. McCarthy is available at 21. Would you draft him to compete and be a backup this season? I've been thinking about this and although I support Tua, I would pull the trigger and take McCarthy. It gives me a solid rookie backup, and if Tua shows what we hope he is, then we have a great trade asset. If Tua isn't "the guy" then we have a replacement with a year of experience, ready to take over in 2025.

Thoughts?
I wouldn’t burn a 1st if I thought Tua was my guy. I’d lock him up and pick a Qb later in the draft. You would not get a fair return on McCarthy if you planned on flipping him in a year or 2. If Tua continues to improve and stays healthy, the other GM’s would only be able to see McCarthy in Pre season games, he would loose value every year?

Now if you were unsure of Tua being your QB moving forward and let him play on his 5th year.

2 Scenarios
1.If Tua gets hurt or you don’t see the improvements your looking for at least you would have a Qb after Tua’s contract is up.

2. If Tua plays on that 5th year and improves, winning a playoff game or 2 and then decides to test free agency, you hopefully have your future Qb in McCarthy.

No.

Now that could change if negotiations with Tua go nowhere in the next few months. But once that deal is agreed to, QB is the last thing we would need.

Nix maybe, Pinix probably not, McCarthy fu fu fu fu fu **** no.

Only way I could see this is if they are way off in contact negotiations. I’m cold on Tua right now but we can snag a good OL or someone to try to replace 94 at 21

I don't think it matters because I don't think McCarthy will be there at #21. I think either the Vikings, Broncos, or the Raiders will draft him in the first round.

QB is the least of our worries. We literally have one of the few QBs in existence that can get the ball out in 2.23 seconds accurately. That is what some on here don't get. I mean like people wanting Justin Fields, LMAO that guy can't scratch his nuts in 2.23 seconds.

You use your #1 pick and all of your picks to make the TEAM better and fill all the holes that we have, not maybe have a guy who can compete for something you already have.

Disclaimer: I dont want this to become a Tua pro/con shitstorm. This is a serious draft/football question for serious debate. PLEASE.

Question: If JJ. McCarthy is available at 21. Would you draft him to compete and be a backup this season? I've been thinking about this and although I support Tua, I would pull the trigger and take McCarthy. It gives me a solid rookie backup, and if Tua shows what we hope he is, then we have a great trade asset. If Tua isn't "the guy" then we have a replacement with a year of experience, ready to take over in 2025.

Thoughts?
No sir. Serious enough?đź––

I would. I might even consider Bo Nix.

This game now is so much about making those off script plays, where the defense does everything right, but the quarterback buys time and makes big plays.

Obviously, there are other ways to win (see Tom Brady), but I think that's what separates the quarterbacks for the most part.

I really like Tua and he's obviously a great fit for this offense. But I am concerned that his sneaky, good athleticism will not return.

McCarthy and Nix both give you that skill set.

Back
Top Bottom