Would you draft Brandon Merriweather with our second round pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you draft Brandon Merriweather with our second round pick?

phinphan896

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Before his senior year most experts had Merriweather going in the middle of the first round but after a mediocre senior year and "chracter issues" have dropped his draft stock. I dont think he really had character issues though. The reason i say this is because: a)during his first incident he shot at a burglar trying to rob him with a legally registered gun and b) hes been good in the south florida community. I believe he has the skills to be a good NFL safety. Would you draft him in the second round considering how poorly our safeties played last year?

I think he played himself into the first round with his senior bowl week. definitely a risk due to his character but I would grab him in a heartbeat with our 2nd. To be honest I wouldnt be opposed to drafting him with our 1st

the fins should not draft S in this years draft...

bell should be resigned and hill,allen will still be here.

not a position of priority.

I agree but Merriweather can play CB and he might be moved there in the pros. Still I would prefer Alan Branch or possibly Levi Brown to address more pressing needs but as I said I wouldnt be opposed.

Agreed. We have so many other real needs where good players should be available at where we are picking that we should be able to pick up some good players and address some areas of need. Develop Jason Allen, our last years first round pick...

It may not be a priority but Merriweather is a playmaker and as solid as Hill his, he is not a playmaker.

well im not a canes fan and i sure like to see him drafted in the 2nd rd by this team.I know we dont need another cb/saftey but i think allen is a waste,if he was any good he would of got more playing time this season.

Good player, but I wouldn't spend a second round pick on him. We have serious holes at numerous positions, and safety isn't exactly a premium position. Go OL/WR/BPA in the second depending on what we do in the first.

if he didnt play for the canes, nobody would even entertain this thought
Why would you say that? Does being a 'Cane automatically makes him a good player? If he had came out his junior year he would have been a 1st round pick. He chose to stay and unfortunately for him, had a subpar senior season.

well im not a canes fan and i sure like to see him drafted in the 2nd rd by this team.I know we dont need another cb/saftey but i think allen is a waste,if he was any good he would of got more playing time this season.

Maybe he would have played more if he had not missed the two most important weeks of training camp. He was also tagged with the responsibility of learning two positions instead of one. Combined that with the solid play of veterans Hill and Bell and it's no wonder why he didn't play more.

jason allen is a bust as far as im concerned
How can you rule someone a bust if they didn't get any playing time and when he did he did well, I believe he will be a very good player next season.

Back
Top Bottom