Would you draft Brandon Merriweather with our second round pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you draft Brandon Merriweather with our second round pick?

if he didnt play for the canes, nobody would even entertain this thought

That's just it! The Fins always seem to go with other school's players. We have these guys in our own backyard to scout and we never seem to pick any of them up.It's just very dumb to me.

Look around at NFL rosters and tell me how many UM players are on those rosters and starting? Miami players have a real nasty attitude about them, IMO the Merryweather(speling)can bring that to a backfield that somtimes looks very lost. He will be an Ed.Reed back there making play after play, because that is what he likes to do.

Now i do think if we can have him in the 2 round take him...I would only take him in the first round if we traded down a few spots.

If we go defense in the 1st round, we need to go offense in the 2nd and 3rd. It all depends on how the draft flows.

He's got talent but I wouldn't waist a first day pick on someone with character issues. Let him play for the Bengals where he may be right at home.

I'm on board with Allen. It's way too early to tell if he is a bust so he needs to be given a chance. We've already blown a first on him and need to address many other issues on this team. He looks like a good athlete that had problems adjusting the a complex scheme. Let's see what he has while we address other needs.

Honestly i hate the Hurricanes but i love Merriweather's game and his intensity out on the field. He's a great defender and a good tackler for a safety. I'd rather have Stanton and maybe a few other players, but there is no way i'd be mad if we picked Merriweather, unless a good player dropped out of the 1st round like Sidney Rice or someone of his caliber.

Before his senior year most experts had Merriweather going in the middle of the first round but after a mediocre senior year and "chracter issues" have dropped his draft stock. I dont think he really had character issues though. The reason i say this is because: a)during his first incident he shot at a burglar trying to rob him with a legally registered gun and b) hes been good in the south florida community. I believe he has the skills to be a good NFL safety. Would you draft him in the second round considering how poorly our safeties played last year?

Nah. I dont think we need a 1st day DB. I would wait for the 4th round to draft one. Maybe the 3rd round.

I think that our secondary is fine like this:

CB: Allen
NB: Goodman

FS: Daniels
SS: Bell
S/DB: Hill

Add Adalius Thomas to the pass rush...and draft a 4th at most a 3rd round DB to add for depth. Thats it.

We need WR and OL more than anything else.

well im not a canes fan and i sure like to see him drafted in the 2nd rd by this team.I know we dont need another cb/saftey but i think allen is a waste,if he was any good he would of got more playing time this season.

After 1 season you're calling him a waste:rolleyes:

Nah. I dont think we need a 1st day DB. I would wait for the 4th round to draft one. Maybe the 3rd round.

I think that our secondary is fine like this:

NB: Goodman

FS: Daniels
SS: Bell
S/DB: Hill

Add Adalius Thomas to the pass rush...and draft a 4th at most a 3rd round DB to add for depth. Thats it.

We need WR and OL more than anything else.

I really dont think that secondary will win us a super bowl...... im not saying they are a bad secondary im just saying they dont have enough playmaking abilities to do it.. especially when our d line is getting older and older

In the second I wouldnt, but in the third I would jump all over him.

The kid is great, has solid hands, makes clutch plays, isnt afraid to hit and has a great understanding of where to be on defense.

You cant call Allen a bust after one season either, thats just showing a lack of football IQ.

The Miami Dolphins Select With The 41st Pick In The Second Round Qb Troy Smith Ohio State!

Back
Top Bottom