Would you draft Brandon Merriweather with our second round pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you draft Brandon Merriweather with our second round pick?

jason allen is a bust as far as im concerned

Your football knowledge is a bust! Beleieve it or not, 1st rd players don't ofetn come from college and dominate the pros in a year.:shakeno:

if allen can be moved to CB as it has been talked about yes I would. That would give us youth and depth all around. But really it depends what else is on the board truthfully.

allen i believe has the ability to even play SS b/c he is a good tackler and a HAAAAAAAAAAAARD HITTER. If bell doesnt cut it due to coverage being a bit of a weakness as teams were attacking him towards the end of the year and maybe a lil bit of lack of speed maybe not sure cuz he has very good game speed i think allen will be a good SS hill maybe for another yr at FS if we dont draft a S this year. I woudlnt mind Merri tho but is he capable of playign FS as well or is he a SS/CB?

I'd draft Meriweather in the 2nd if:

1.) We don't pick LaRon Landry in the first round.

2.) Jason Allen can be moved and play well on the corner.

Also, if we don't pick a defensive lineman in the first round we have to go D-line in the 2nd so that throws Meriweather out the window as well...

We have to come away from the first day with at least 2 defensive players, in my opinion.

I say we trade allen for a draft pick n then get merriweather

ilove that idea but i seriously doubt that would happen ...also who wants a player who admits to a newspaper in dec that he still is learning the playbook ???

the fins should not draft S in this years draft...

bell should be resigned and hill,allen will still be here.

not a position of priority.

My God!!:eek:
A VOICE OF SANITY...Why in God's name would this team draft a
saftey in round 2 or even in round 1 as I have read.

I dont have the time or effort to explain why this would not be in our best interest but trust me this team has other more urgent needs than saftey.

SAFTEY IS NOT A PRIORITY FOR THIS TEAM :rolleyes2

He's got talent but I wouldn't waist a first day pick on someone with character issues. Let him play for the Bengals where he may be right at home.

I'm on board with Allen. It's way too early to tell if he is a bust so he needs to be given a chance. We've already blown a first on him and need to address many other issues on this team. He looks like a good athlete that had problems adjusting the a complex scheme. Let's see what he has while we address other needs.
his character issues are overblown.

He fired the gun in self defense because someone was trying to rob his apartment and by the way the gun he was using was legal and registered so there was nothing wrong with what he did

well im not a canes fan and i sure like to see him drafted in the 2nd rd by this team.I know we dont need another cb/saftey but i think allen is a waste,if he was any good he would of got more playing time this season.

ima a canes fan and i agree. he is a playmaker and will be good in the nfl. i think if we get him in teh second round its a steal kinda like mcneil last year with chargers

Back
Top Bottom