Would You Make this Draft Day Trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Make this Draft Day Trade?

Clemson fan here and I Love Travis but not a fan of any RB in the draft that high. Take Devonte and you have waddle and parker at WR. Man.
I think trading back and ending up with Smith and Waddle with your two first round picks is the dream scenario for Miami. The wide receivers need an infusion of high end talent...that room needs 1’s, 2’s, and 3’s. Might need to attach an early pick (hopefully 3rd) to get Waddle with the second first rounder.

That is an interesting proposal. As early as it is, I would like to see how the players generally mocked between 4-11 tend to fall closer to April.
If Lawrence, Fields, Wilson go 1-2-3, and we drop to 12, that is 8 players between Wilson and our pick.
Assuming: Sewell, Parsons, Pitts, Surtain II, Farley, Waddle, D Smith, J Chase are the next best 8...who would you go for at 12?
I would want one of those 8 mentioned, though I admit I know zero about Farley, I just keep seeing him going high. There are a couple of tackles I see mocked high, but would we go tackle at 12?
Aiyuk would be nice though.
Paye is often mocked top 10, but that seems like a reach to me. Rousseau is possible in that range.

That's a major reason I'm including Aiyuk in the trade. I don't think the top receivers make it there. Pitts might and that would be very tempting.

the trade they make here makes the most sense - 3 to Carolina for 2 1s and a 3

I wouldn't bite on this trade offer unless they flipped the 3rd to a 2nd this year. We need help now, next year's picks are a bonus, a 3rd doesn't offer us enough. We are giving up a prime pick at 3 here, this year, it's either going to be an outstanding LT prospect or a potential franchise QB. I want more than an extra 3 this year to give up that spot.

I like Joe for a Bills fan, he knows his stuff but honestly both picks are bad, Waddle is a great prospect but Smith is the better pick, if I am taking a RB in round one, the only one I would consider here is Harris, and maybe looking for a trade down to do that. Etienne has had a great college career, but his stats have decline (from admittedly a very high level) this year, he had a poor playoff game and these aren't great signs for a RB.

Nope.

We use #3 for us because we ain't gonna see that for a long, long time.

I think getting Aiyuk is a good get. Miami was interested in him last year. Picking 12th may net Miami one of the big 3 WR's, most likely Waddle. I don't believe all 3 will be drafted in the top 10. Miami would be wise to at least listen.

I think getting Aiyuk is a good get. Miami was interested in him last year. Picking 12th may net Miami one of the big 3 WR's, most likely Waddle. I don't believe all 3 will be drafted in the top 10. Miami would be wise to at least listen.

Yeah I think a lot of mocks have the WRs going too soon, that kind of thing never happens tbh. Ceedee Lamb was one of the best WR prospects in a while last year and he went at 17. I appreciate Chase had a fantastic 2019, but there will be doubts whether he can replicate that one season, after sitting out 2020. Smith is a stud but his frame is going to be picked apart, is he strong enough to play in the NFL. Waddle is coming on the back of a major injury, is he just all speed or is he a fully rounded WR prospects ?

Don't get me wrong, I think all 3 are worthy of top 10 consideration, but the way the draft works, rarely falls into a situation where multiple WRs are taken as high as mocks have them currently projected, and this year you throw in Pitts into the mix, who is way more than just a TE. Other teams will have their own needs, not everyone will use their only 1st rounder on a WR. There's a good chance we may have a choice at 18 between some of these 4 players. Dropping to 12 is absolutely something I wouldn't worry overly about if the compensation is as described in this trade.

Last edited:
I'd definitely take this from the 49ers.

I assume you meant the Bengals, or you've linked the wrong mock.

This is still not enough for me for a player of Sewell's potential, I would want their 2nd this year in place of the 3rd, then we are talking. I would be starting the conversation about two 1's and a 2 though. This trade is not in the Bengals MO though so doubt it happens

Hmm. Not sure I’d make that trade. 12 is a pretty steep drop. Not sure the compensation is enough. Although I like Aiyuk, who was born and played JC ball in the city I reside in.

I’d really have to evaluate other potential trade down options first.

On a side note, I disagree about Jimmy G being a good QB. I think he is and has been rather mediocre. The injuries just make his situation worse. IMO the Niners lost last season’s SB partially because of the QB play. Jimmy G has always been an overrated QB prospect in my eyes. Got a lot of buzz because of the NE connection. But he’s never been anything special. If I was a Niners fan, I’d be lobbying for a new QB.

Paye is often mocked top 10, but that seems like a reach to me. Rousseau is possible in that range.

That's a major reason I'm including Aiyuk in the trade. I don't think the top receivers make it there. Pitts might and that would be very tempting.
I love Pitts. I think he will be dominant.

Not sure trade presenters truly understand the value of pick 3. This trade isn't even close.
Dropping out of top 10 demands crazy return.

I would take this trade to move to pick 4 maybe 5.

Back
Top Bottom