Would You Make this Draft Day Trade? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Make this Draft Day Trade?

It’s basically 3 #2s to drop from 3 to 9. Close but no cigar.

Hmm. Not sure I’d make that trade. 12 is a pretty steep drop. Not sure the compensation is enough. Although I like Aiyuk, who was born and played JC ball in the city I reside in.

I’d really have to evaluate other potential trade down options first.

On a side note, I disagree about Jimmy G being a good QB. I think he is and has been rather mediocre. The injuries just make his situation worse. IMO the Niners lost last season’s SB partially because of the QB play. Jimmy G has always been an overrated QB prospect in my eyes. Got a lot of buzz because of the NE connection. But he’s never been anything special. If I was a Niners fan, I’d be lobbying for a new QB.
The 49ers put the ball in the hands of their running backs down the stretch during their super bowl run.

Agree, Jimmy Garoppolo didn't play well in the super bowl. Combine that with injuries and I think San Francisco could easily move on.

They are certainly in range to make a play.

I love Pitts. I think he will be dominant.
If you take away the tight end designation and compare him against the top receivers, he's right up there. Plus, he can at least block.

I know Miami has a good one in Gesicki, but they could co-exist.

If you take away the tight end designation and compare him against the top receivers, he's right up there. Plus, he can at least block.

I know Miami has a good one in Gesicki, but they could co-exist.
I agree 100%. I wouldn't cry if somehow we traded down, took Smith/Chase/Waddle at 8...and then traded up from 18 with some of what we got in the trade down to get Pitts.
That would spark that passing game for sure.

That’s not a bad offer, however I would have to say no.

I’m not wasting tua. There should be alarms going off in Grier and flo’s head after seeing how uncomfortable tua has gotten lately. He looks like an undrafted prospect of late, and you need to fix that immediately. You can’t let him go another game looking as hopeless and devastated as he did the last two weeks or you might ruin the kid.

use that #3 overall and secure smith or chase. If you wanna trade back w/ say, Cincinnati, that’s fine. Bc you’re still going to get one or the other. But you need to secure an alpha receiver in this draft. Along w/ using other recourses to fix the WR room as well.

It’s going to have to take a world class offer to get me off of smith. And even if I Accept it, I need to know it’s likely my floor is chase.

you don’t pass up the opportunity to secure one of those guys. Not w/ how bad tua needs help.

That’s not a bad offer, however I would have to say no.

I’m not wasting tua. There should be alarms going off in Grier and flo’s head after seeing how uncomfortable tua has gotten lately. He looks like an undrafted prospect of late, and you need to fix that immediately. You can’t let him go another game looking as hopeless and devastated as he did the last two weeks or you might ruin the kid.

use that #3 overall and secure smith or chase. If you wanna trade back w/ say, Cincinnati, that’s fine. Bc you’re still going to get one or the other. But you need to secure an alpha receiver in this draft. Along w/ using other recourses to fix the WR room as well.

It’s going to have to take a world class offer to get me off of smith. And even if I Accept it, I need to know it’s likely my floor is chase.

you don’t pass up the opportunity to secure one of those guys. Not w/ how bad tua needs help.
Your second paragraph is pure drama.

Your second paragraph is pure drama.
I like to think I’m ahead of the curve, and I don’t need to watch the same thing play out for a season to then make my case that tua ain’t right.

Bc right now, currently, tua ain’t right and you’re playing a dangerous game letting a broken QB go another game the way tua is right now.

I like to think I’m ahead of the curve, and I don’t need to watch the same thing play out for a season to then make my case that tua ain’t right.

Bc right now, currently, tua ain’t right and you’re playing a dangerous game letting a broken QB go another game the way tua is right now.

FriendlyOpulentLeafbird-max-1mb.gif

I assume you meant the Bengals, or you've linked the wrong mock.

This is still not enough for me for a player of Sewell's potential, I would want their 2nd this year in place of the 3rd, then we are talking. I would be starting the conversation about two 1's and a 2 though. This trade is not in the Bengals MO though so doubt it happens

Sorry I meant the offer the 49ers make the Jets to move up for Zach Wilson - 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds.

I agree re the Bengals. No way I'm giving up Sewell for a 2021 3rd and 2022 2nd. People maybe forget how valuable he'd be to us - it's not just the Bengals who need OL help for their rookie QB. If we pick up a good C \ G in the 3rd round, things will look bright for our OL. That has value.

Right now I think you can make a strong argument that 4 QB's will go in the top 10. Fabio, Fields, Wilson and the kid out of North Dakota State. Then you have Parsons, Sewell, Pitts, Smith and Chase all regarded as top 10 selections. That is 9 players, leaving just 3 more spots until the 12th pick. I think Miami would have a real good shot at WADDLE at #12, if this hyperthetical trade were to be made. JMO.

Right now I think you can make a strong argument that 4 QB's will go in the top 10. Fabio, Fields, Wilson and the kid out of North Dakota State. Then you have Parsons, Sewell, Pitts, Smith and Chase all regarded as top 10 selections. That is 9 players, leaving just 3 more spots until the 12th pick. I think Miami would have a real good shot at WADDLE at #12, if this hyperthetical trade were to be made. JMO.
The wild card player might be Rousseau. I can't remember a draft where a pass rusher didn't go top 10 and his one year was very productive. A GM could roll the dice early.

Paye, Surtain and Farley are others who could be in that range.

The wild card player might be Rousseau. I can't remember a draft where a pass rusher didn't go top 10 and his one year was very productive. A GM could roll the dice early.

Paye, Surtain and Farley are others who could be in that range.
I agree and is the reason why I think Miami Can trade back to perhaps #12 and still get one of the top WR's. This hype of 3 top 10 WR's is hard to believe. I Understand the excitement behind it, but am not buying into it. Getting Aiyuk as part of your hyperthetical trade would be absolutely fantastic. Adding Waddle in the draft and say a guy like Brown from University of North Carolina in say, the late 3rd early 4th, would potentially go along way in helping Miami's issues at WR. Brown by the way, has averaged 20 ypc over the last 2 seasons at UNC. He's one hell of a sleeper at WR.

I agree and is the reason why I think Miami Can trade back to perhaps #12 and still get one of the top WR's. This hype of 3 top 10 WR's is hard to believe. I Understand the excitement behind it, but am not buying into it. Getting Aiyuk as part of your hyperthetical trade would be absolutely fantastic. Adding Waddle in the draft and say a guy like Brown from University of North Carolina in say, the late 3rd early 4th, would potentially go along way in helping Miami's issues at WR. Brown by the way, has averaged 20 ypc over the last 2 seasons at UNC. He's one hell of a sleeper at WR.
No question, those three receivers have the potential to be elite. Not arguing that. But, being a Dolphin fan and seeing that as such a huge need maybe fans are projecting them a little higher.

As an example, most mocks I've seen have Smith in the 12-15 range, which I think is low for him. I know mock drafts aren't how GM's feel, but you could be right that all three won't go top 10.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson go top 5. Sewell, Chase, Parsons give you 6. Rousseau, Paye, Ojulari at least 1 of these makes top 10, maybe 2. Surtain is top 10. That gives you 8 or 9 of the top 10. Farley, Smith, Waddle, and Pitts all go in the top 15. At 12 there will be a top receiver. Could be Pitts, Smith, or Waddle, but at least 1 will be there.

Back
Top Bottom