Would you take Nebraska DE Randy Gregory? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take Nebraska DE Randy Gregory?

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Looks like he failed a drug test for marijuana at the combines?

Most had him rated in the top ten. I think the consensus is he would be taken #8 by Atlanta. I am not sure he would be the right fit or a big need, since we have Wake and Dion Jordan.

Would he be worth the risk at #14 or would you just pass on him. He went to the same school as Suh.

We have his clone in Dion Jordan that we still are trying to figure out where to use him. So no for me.

I would never draft anyone that failed the drug test at the combine due to pot.

Not because I care that the smoke, but due to the fact that they are too stupid,
or don't care enough about their career to be clean at an event where you KNOW
you are going to be tested.

Probably stayed at Ricky's house.

DE at 14?!?

If we do, he won't have been the only one smoking.

Not a good sign, but people shouldn't confuse Gregory with Jordan. They're not similar players. Gregory uses his hands and COD as weapons when he rushes the passer. By comparison, how many triple teams did Dion Jordan see at Oregon? Talked about it in the Jordan thread, but Jordan doesn't have top-end explosion or agility. Gregory has elite agility, and he couples it with Aldon-Smith-light hands. As long as he can keep his weight around 250, he's going to be a stud. Beasley, Dupree, and Gregory are all a good deal better than Fowler.

Shaq Riddick is similar, as an athlete, to Gregory, and he should be there at 47. Very underrated player, and he might be the best value at edge rusher in the draft. Miscast as a 5-tech at WVU in 2014, he's still flying under the radar a bit. 1st round talent. Have him in my top 20. There are a lot of great prospects at edge/SLB/DE (less at DE) in this draft. It's the most physically gifted group that I can remember.

HELL NO!! We have Jordan who is the SAME EXACT PLAYER!! We need CB, WR, G, ILB, and RB before we touch the dline. Forget the fact that he failed a drug test and how ridiculously stupid that is, but lets focus on if that is the case where he is available at 14, we MUST trade down with a team who may be willing to take a risk on him!

I would never draft anyone that failed the drug test at the combine due to pot.

Not because I care that the smoke, but due to the fact that they are too stupid,
or don't care enough about their career to be clean at an event where you KNOW
you are going to be tested.

Apparantely, he "claims" he tried to do that so he stopped smoking in December. You'd figure almost 2 months was enough to get clean for an athlete of his caliber and working up to the combine. . . but maybe he was getting high every night all the time.

Either way, I agree . . . it's not the smoking that bothers me, its the poor decision making of not being more prepared for what he was going to face over the next few months.

HELL NO!! We have Jordan who is the SAME EXACT PLAYER!! We need CB, WR, G, ILB, and RB before we touch the dline. Forget the fact that he failed a drug test and how ridiculously stupid that is, but lets focus on if that is the case where he is available at 14, we MUST trade down with a team who may be willing to take a risk on him!

I honestly think DE is a STRONG possibility at 14 if the right guy is there. After this year, OV is a free agent, Wake will have to restructure or be cut and Shelby is on a one year tender . . . . . which leaves Fede, who I think we all like his potential, but it is a projection at best.

As easy as it is to attempt to fill a need in the draft, it is of more vital importance to draft players with "elite potential", guys who can be game changers and that you can have at the lower rookie contract prices.

We directly filled a need last year with James . . . if we can get one of the best players on the board and it fills a big need, I'm all for it . . . . but you can't pass up top tier talent to fill a need.

Why would we take yet another pass rushing DE?

Because he's the BPA, and it would give us more flexibility with Wake next year. If we continue to draft based on need we will keep felching, and continuously have holes filled with marginal talent. BPA, All the way.

Even without the point bust there is just something I don't like about Gregory.

I think he was going to call in the draft and is over rated. Now with the drug issue, he will plummet.

Bud Dupree is a guy i would take all day and night over Gregory. Like corners, you can't have enough pass rushers in today's nfl but, we have players at the position and have bigger holes elsewhere. But if they do decide to stock up on pass rush, Dupree would look great in a fins uni.

Back
Top Bottom