Would you take Nebraska DE Randy Gregory? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take Nebraska DE Randy Gregory?

Apparantely, he "claims" he tried to do that so he stopped smoking in December. You'd figure almost 2 months was enough to get clean for an athlete of his caliber and working up to the combine. . . but maybe he was getting high every night all the time.

Either way, I agree . . . it's not the smoking that bothers me, its the poor decision making of not being more prepared for what he was going to face over the next few months.

Depends on countless factors and variants.... lower body fat will help rid the system much faster. With constant and prolonged use (which he admitted to) it's not inconceivable to still have remnants in the system well over 3 months after last partaking. I've even heard of crazy instances where traces were found in the system over 5 months after last use. Those extremes are primarily due to using all day, every day, for years on end.

Who knows, but Gregory even admitted he used to wake up every morning and the first thing that he would think was, I gotta smoke. So it's possible that he gave up months ago in preparation for this event and there is still carry over from his past use. Or he could very well have smoked the day before/of the combine and failed that way.

Either way, forget football, I hope the kid gets well. Addiction is ugly and scary.

NOW I know why he's last off the snap and goes Amelia Earhart during games.

He's one of the many 3-4 OLBs in this draft and not one of the better ones, imo.

Sure, demonize him while you chug down your liquor, 12 pack of beer, while smoking your cigarette and drinking your coffee. Marijuana is no different than any of the aforementioned. I hate that we live in a time where people (many on this board) think differently.

I won't even begin to argue how marijuana is actually more beneficial than alcohol and other legal substances.

People need to wake up and get over their parents' out-dated and misinformed ways of thinking.

Sure, demonize him while you chug down your liquor, 12 pack of beer, while smoking your cigarette and drinking your coffee. Marijuana is no different than any of the aforementioned. I hate that we live in a time where people (many on this board) think differently.

I won't even begin to argue how marijuana is actually more beneficial than alcohol and other legal substances.

People need to wake up and get over their parents' out-dated and misinformed ways of thinking.
None of that matters when the NFL still considers it illegal now does it.

Sent from my Nexus 9

The only reason I even posed the original question in because Dion Jordan may not be around long, and could end being a bust for a third overall pick. The veteran d-lineman that we had: Soliai, Starks and Odrick are long gone, and many times we see Cam Wake on the sidelines. We're pretty thin and inexperienced up front. Some of you are saying, "Why draft another DE?" But take a real look at our lack of depth at the position. I agree that any player who fails a test before the Combines is a major risk, but I wouldn't be shocked if 25% of the guys in the NFL aren't smoking the green stuff.

I don't drink liquor, don't drink coffee and don't smoke. Also, all of those things are legal...marijuana is not unless you live in Colorado.

You're one of those people who think just because it ok with you then it's ok to break laws.

:rolleyes2: Settle down, nobody is arguing that. Agree or disagree, smoking pot is against the rules of the NFL. If the players want to fight that rule, by all means, have at it, but as of right now, it's against the rules of the company he's trying to join. He knew this and yet he decided to smoke anyways, before the combine, an event known to EVERYBODY to have drug testing. The problem isn't that he smokes pot, it's his decision-making skills, which are clearly lacking.

Also, he had failed two tests at Nebraska prior to this, so it's clearly an issue. So, even if he fit our defense, which he absolutely does not, there's a legitimate risk of him only fitting that system for 10 games a year, or less.

I keep hearing Tom Petty's song in my head, Free Falling. Gregory is going to fall quite a bit.

What that means for Miami is that a team that would have taken Gregory in the top 10 goes in another direction. That affects somewhat the players who will be available to the Dolphins at #14.

I could care less if he smokes weed. What I care about is that he didn't have enough self-discipline to stop smoking weed even though he could be in NO DOUBT that it would cost him millions of dollars and maybe his career. This guy can't control himself even when the need to is crystal clear, it's only for a short space of time and when there are millions of dollars at stake. If that isn't a red flag....

I could care less if he smokes weed. What I care about is that he didn't have enough self-discipline to stop smoking weed even though he could be in NO DOUBT that it would cost him millions of dollars and maybe his career. This guy can't control himself even when the need to is crystal clear, it's only for a short space of time and when there are millions of dollars at stake. If that isn't a red flag....

About to post the exact same thing. It's about discipline, character and trust and he's shown himself incapable of displaying any of those characteristics when he's in line to make millions, how the hell is he going to act when you hand him that pay check ? I would seriously question the IQ of anyone who fails these drug tests at the combine, surely they must know what's at stake, weeks and months before the event begins.

You don't get it.

He shouldnt have to live a certain way just because it's the way it is. If we always thought this way, we would still be segregated. Think outside your small little boxes that you've been trapped in for far too long.

What he does away from football should not matter so long as he is not intruding on anyone else. Simple liberty is all I ask.

You don't get it.

He shouldnt have to live a certain way just because it's the way it is. If we always thought this way, we would still be segregated. Think outside your small little boxes that you've been trapped in for far too long.

What he does away from football should not matter so long as he is not intruding on anyone else. Simple liberty is all I ask.

He can do anything he wants away from football...just don't play in the NFL...no one is forcing him to play in the NFL. He's free to choose a life of smoking weed or a life in the NFL following the rules set forth by the organization. It has nothing to do with boxes.

He can do anything he wants away from football...just don't play in the NFL...no one is forcing him to play in the NFL. He's free to choose a life of smoking weed or a life in the NFL following the rules set forth by the organization. It has nothing to do with boxes.

In yet beer and alcohol sponsors pays millions to the NFL.

Do you know how many people die from alcohol-related instances? You can count two of my family members when you're tallying...

The NFL is all about money. That's it. Same goes for the government, NCAA, etc. it's all money

Back
Top Bottom