Would you take Nebraska DE Randy Gregory? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take Nebraska DE Randy Gregory?

Sad how little liberty means to people now-a-days.

Go ahead and follow the laws put forth by politicians with obvious agendas like the sheep you are.

I'm not arguing whether he broke a rule or not. Just arguing against the ruling itself. Marijuana is not a drug, get over the simple fact.

Go ahead and follow the laws put forth by politicians with obvious agendas like the sheep you are.

I'm not arguing whether he broke a rule or not. Just arguing against the ruling itself. Marijuana is not a drug, get over the simple fact.

Where were his liberties violated? He doesn't have to sign a contract with the NFL. However, if he does, he's agreeing to their terms, which includes not smoking pot. This is a very basic concept that you don't seem to be able to grasp for some reason.

It has nothing to do with laws. There are plenty of banned substances in the NFL that are perfectly legal. Hell, I've worked for companies that stipulated that I couldn't drink alcohol during certain times. I wasn't legally forced to agree to those terms, I just wouldn't be employed by them if I didn't.

If he doesn't agree with the NFL rule, fine, he can fight it when he's a part of the NFLPA, but he has to adhere to it in the meantime. That or work somewhere else.

Where were his liberties violated? He doesn't have to sign a contract with the NFL. However, if he does, he's agreeing to their terms, which includes not smoking pot. This is a very basic concept that you don't seem to be able to grasp for some reason.

It has nothing to do with laws. There are plenty of banned substances in the NFL that are perfectly legal. Hell, I've worked for companies that stipulated that I couldn't drink alcohol during certain times. I wasn't legally forced to agree to those terms, I just wouldn't be employed by them if I didn't.

If he doesn't agree with the NFL rule, fine, he can fight it when he's a part of the NFLPA, but he has to adhere to it in the meantime. That or work somewhere else.

Marijuana should be legal.

It's obvious that players and future prospects have to abide by the rules instilled by the NFL. Just simply stating that it's blasphemy that marijuana is considered a drug and demonized as such.

It's obvious that players and future prospects have to abide by the rules instilled by the NFL. Just simply stating that it's blasphemy that marijuana is considered a drug and demonized as such.

Alcohol is legal.

You still can't come to work drunk.

But it's not.

Obviously you love weed and you want to justify smoking it all day long.

Justin Houston tested positive for weed during the combine and fell to the 3rd round back in 2011. If Gregory falls far enough I hope NE isn't that shortsighted to not draft him.

Cool story, and I agree, but what on earth does that have to do with anything that I wrote? Did you even read it?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Again, he tested positive for thc in his system. Does not mean he was high while attending.

There is no comparison here

The rules of the employer that he wants to work for don't state that he needs to be. This is a very basic concept that you are stubbornly refusing to grasp.

If marijuana isn't a drug, or at least have drugs in it, why do people smoke it then?

No one is arguing whether or not it should be legal. It's a stupid mistake by Gregory, because of the cost/benefit, and that's the concern. Every day, whether conscious or not, everyone makes hundreds of cost/benefit decisions - from meals, to who you talk to, to where you spend your time, etc. If Gregory doesn't understand that he could be costing himself millions of dollars by getting high, that's a red flag. I agree with your general stance that the league is being stupid by suspending some of its better players for an activity that should be legal; however, it doesn't change the fact that Gregory knew what he was risking and did it anyway. That's the problem. Poor decision makers make poor decisions. Now, everyone makes a bad decision from time to time, and you hope that's the case with Gregory, but it's likely to hurt his stock some. I don't think it knocks him out of the 1st round - unless there are some deeper rooted issues that I don't know about. He's too good.

Back
Top Bottom