Would you trade up from 18 for a shot at Pitts?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade up from 18 for a shot at Pitts??

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Curious to see if Miami fans would be willing to trade the 18th overall pick and Gesicki to move up and draft Kyle Pitts? The Dolphins might need to toss in a future pick too, but it might be worth it.

Curious to see if Miami fans would be willing to trade the 18th overall pick and Gesicki to move up and draft Kyle Pitts? The Dolphins might need to toss in a future pick too, but it might be worth it.

So, trade G to move from 18 to say 10 and grab Pitts? Ya. G is going to want money soon

Why would a team interested in a player like MG pass on Pitts, when most see Pitts as a better version of the same type player, on a rookie deal?

I wouldn't, if he's there at 18 and we pick him I'll be happy because I think he's a monster. If we don't pick him, oh well. I like this draft class.

Why would a team interested in a player like MG pass on Pitts, when most see Pitts as a better version of the same type player, on a rookie deal?
If youre a pick poor team that needs capital, you take that 18th overall pick and fill another big hole. You then add Gesicki. And now you've gotten two starters for the price of one.

Just a hypothetical of course

In a heartbeat, getting Pitts plus one of those 3 blue chip WRs is my round 1 utopia, don't mind how we do as long as we do. The simplest solution is trade down to 8 or so get an extra second, flip our 50 to a team like Dallas, NYG or SF, to take the 2nd player.

He may go top 10. To move up 8 spots is going to cost plenty.
I don't think flo will want to pay the asking price. He wouldn't even move up last year from #5 to ensure we got Tua.

are there players we have rated on our "big board" equal or higher than pitts?

if he is head and shoulders above everybody else on our board, and we don't think he'll be there at 18, i guess we'd call around, but there may be other players we like better than pitts that are still there too.

Last edited:
Moving up for a good/great player is always an option but the question is always, what'd it take? Unless we know what the trade would be we can't really answer that question.
I feel this is the perfect reply and it should be put in every future thread regarding a trade. The question should be "If you're open to trading up or down, where's the line where you are no longer interested in making this trade?".

Obviously everyone and every pick has their price and teams often over pay or bag bargains, the only exception to the rule being franchise QB's because of the scarcity of truly great QB's.

Depends how close he falls to #18, but absolutely love the player. I'd consider Pitts with a slight trade down from #3 as well, say Carolina's pick at #8.

If I'm ranking him with Chase, Smith and Waddle, he's definitely up there with those guys. I would take him before Marshall and Bateman for sure.

Now Grier probably looks at it differently. I assume Miami feels like they are set at the TE position.

I'd love to trade down just a couple of spots and take him with our first pick. Charlie Campbell has a mock draft with the Eagles taking Pitts at six. This is a team almost every draft has looking for the replacement for Carson Wentz in a quarterback heavy draft. And here’s why he thinks that- “Team sources say they think Pitts is a top-10 talent due to his dynamic ability as a receiver, and some scouts feel he is the best receiving weapon in the 2021 NFL Draft. Some think he could play wide receiver and be a poor man's Calvin Johnson. Others think that Pitts should stay at tight end but could be a Travis Kelce- or Tony Gonzalez-caliber weapon. The consensus among team evaluators is that Pitts is a far better tight end prospect than T.J. Hockenson, Ebron, O.J. Howard or Evan Engram.”

No offense to Gesicki, nobody has ever compared him to Calvin Johnson, Tony Gonzales or Travis Kelce. Let alone all three.

Back
Top Bottom