Would you trade up from 18 for a shot at Pitts?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade up from 18 for a shot at Pitts??

No, this message board is opposed to trading any draft capitol to move up or acquire a veteran. We need all of our 4th-7th round picks to round out our practice squad

I'd love to trade down just a couple of spots and take him with our first pick. Charlie Campbell has a mock draft with the Eagles taking Pitts at six. This is a team almost every draft has looking for the replacement for Carson Wentz in a quarterback heavy draft. And here’s why he thinks that- “Team sources say they think Pitts is a top-10 talent due to his dynamic ability as a receiver, and some scouts feel he is the best receiving weapon in the 2021 NFL Draft. Some think he could play wide receiver and be a poor man's Calvin Johnson. Others think that Pitts should stay at tight end but could be a Travis Kelce- or Tony Gonzalez-caliber weapon. The consensus among team evaluators is that Pitts is a far better tight end prospect than T.J. Hockenson, Ebron, O.J. Howard or Evan Engram.”

No offense to Gesicki, nobody has ever compared him to Calvin Johnson, Tony Gonzales or Travis Kelce. Let alone all three.
Not dismissing your opinion in any way, but any comparison of a collegiate player to HOF caliber NFL talent is absurd on the face of it.

I understand comps of skillsets or usage, but projecting a guy that has never played a down as a professional to being an "elite" HOF talent is fools gold, IMO.

No, this message board is opposed to trading any draft capitol to move up or acquire a veteran. We need all of our 4th-7th round picks to round out our practice squad
I would say that's an exaggeration. The board contains wildly diverse views, often to the point of absurdity.

I would say that's an exaggeration. The board contains wildly diverse views, often to the point of absurdity.
giphy.gif

:ffic:

Stay at 3 and draft Smith or Sewell. Move back up from 18 for Waddle or Pitts. Come out of the first round with 2 absolute monster studs.

I'd prefer those 2 monster studs to be a RT and a WR. Let's say Sewell at 3 and then Waddle in the top 10. Let's ****ing goo.

Although, imagine taking care of RT via FA and then coming out of the first round with Smith and Pitts... Or Smith and Waddle. Wow.

I still say Sewell and Najee are your best bets to help this offense.

Start taking shots at WR in the second...

as long as it wasnt something crazy yes, but he will be top 10 so it wont happen

I think it would be crazy to say no to an offer of 18 and Gesicki to get Pitts. The problem is getting the other team to agree to it. A team that has cap space to pay Gesicki and needs to fill TE and have another pick at 18

Sewell, Parsons, Smith, Chase, Waddle, Pitts.......I would be willing to trade up to secure any of these guys to go along with pick 3, securing 2 of these 6, and even be willing to use a 2022 pick to make it happen

Assuming they take a WR at 3, I would have no problem with them trading their 18 and one of their 2 round picks to move up for Pitts. An offense with Smith or Chase, Parker, Williams, Wilson, Bowden, Pitts, and Gesicki would be an extremely difficult offense to defend. Especially if they are able to draft
one of the top three RB’s with their remaining second round pick.

So, trade G to move from 18 to say 10 and grab Pitts? Ya. G is going to want money soon
This is what I would love to do, but idk if any of those teams around that part of the draft would be interested in him

I looked awhile back and maybe 2-3 might have a TE want/need

If we keep Tua, dont we need a RB to run the RPO with confidence? I love Pitts and I am a biased Gator alum, but dont want to give up picks to get him. now, if he falls somehow to 18, then no doubt you run that card up to the podium. Pitts and Gesicki would be a nice TE combo, a la Hernandez/Gronk. Tua needs a scary RB to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom