Wow - Joe Rose Of All People Does Not Want To Give Tua A New Deal Yet | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow - Joe Rose Of All People Does Not Want To Give Tua A New Deal Yet

I believe the Dolphins should handle Tua, the way Washington handled Cousins... delay making the decision as long as possible.

I agree with Joe.
So franchise him for 2 seasons in a row then watch him walk away while we try to get by with the Case Keenum, Taylor Hienicke and Sam Howell's of this world?

7 years later and Washington are still looking for a QB.

I happen to really like Joe, because whether I agree or disagree, I find him honest. Most team broadcasters would never say something like this, because part of their job is PR for the team. Pretty clear Joe Rose is in a wait and see mode. As am I. Notice, nowhere does he say Tua stinks. He is just implying we need to see more before we make a decision. Seems like a pretty reasonable way to think about it. Now everyone yell at me, because I somehow made Joe Rose agree with me and say this, must be the mind control device I just invented. Best part, that will make me a trillionaire and I can buy the Dolphins:

Q: Should the Dolphins give Tagovailoa a long-term contract extension as opposed to allowing him to play next season on his $23.1 million fifth-year option?

Joe Rose A: “Let me be the first to tell you, he ain’t getting a new contract [if it were up to] me. He’s the best you have right now. I’m not saying get rid of him; he had a Pro Bowl year. He’s at the top when you look at regular-season stats, but you’ve seen what happens. “I know Mike [McDaniel] loves Tua. He’s rehabbed him to one of the greatest turnarounds we’ve seen. He’s played every game and put up overall really good numbers. But… watching the last few weeks, you didn’t see it. You just did not see it. Really frustrating.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article284366244.html#storylink=cpy
Not surprised in the slightest since Joe Rose has never wanted Tua. Wouldn't expect him to change his tune after the way the season finished.

I don't necessarily disagree with Rose's timidity to extend Tua, but by golly the guy says absolutely nothing substantive in the most wordy way possible.
Every radio pre-game show its some iteration of the Dolphins need play better on defense and offense.
Him and Cefalo on the radio are absolutely insufferable, they really need to get someone else in the booth with them like Crowder, McDuffie, or Oronde Gadsen.

Awesome thread.
bored animation GIF by funk

I like Rose but I don’t care how he feels about giving Tua a new contract. Lamar Jackson chokes in big games in the playoffs and yet the Ravens aren’t talking about getting rid of him for a new QB.

Tua is by far the best QB the Dolphins have had since Marino. It certainly wasn’t his fault the team was decimated by injuries over the latter part of the season.

Hopefully Grier is smarter than Rose in this situation and signs Tua to a new contract before the 2024 starts.

This is just common sense some people don't want to hear. Paying Tua big big dollars would be a critical roster management mistake, I think. Some people don't want to go back to QB purgatory, but if your team's options are pay-way-too-much-for-Tua or QB-purgatory, then you don't just have a QB problem. You also have a GM problem. Facts.
Why do you think he will be paid "way-too-much"?

Hi, can someone explain to me why it is so bad to make a new post with new information, or point of view. Is there an internet protocol that is violated when someone does this. I'm serious, I don't understand why it is so egregious.

The Never Understanding Modern Social Mores VIPER

PS But I love me some Euppy and Chunnel

Because offending Tua on this forum hurts the feminine nature of many on here who like to tickle Tua's real HOF tool with their uvula.

1706634236353.gif

mandich was the best, but joe is really good too. we were/are lucky to have those guys
Mandich was the best. Joe is horrible.

He is one of us, and he seems like a likable guy, but I can't recall the last time he said anything insightful about the dolphins, or made me think.

his interviews are the worst. it's like he is reading questions off a list. no matter what the answer is on question 3, he is onto question 4. no follow up. no real discussion. nothing. nothing nothing.

not surprised 560 lost the dolphins prior to last season.

am surprised he and Jimmy Encephalitis are allowed anywhere near the official game broadcasts.

you'd think a guy who caught Danny's first ever TD pass would have 50% of what Mandich had to offer as a talking head.

but nope.

Why do you think he will be paid "way-too-much"?
Because open market values skew heavily in favor of QB's at the moment. I've seen people floating $45M-$50M/year for Tua. QBs who are getting these contracts without having won anything in the playoffs are likely being overpaid. There's only a few QBs in the league who are a good investment at that rate, and the rest are the beneficiaries of market scarcity of the highest tier.

How many wins does Tua probably provide the Dolphins above the average QB? That's where we need to take the discussion. If Tua is that critical piece needed to put things over the top, I could see paying him $47M per, but if signing him to that contract is going to impede adding talent at other positions on the roster, the contract may make this an overall worse team. There's ample evidence to suggest teams like ours should go for a QB on the rookie contract rather than building around Tua.

Because offending Tua on this forum hurts the feminine nature of many on here who like to tickle Tua's real HOF tool with their uvula.

View attachment 159606
Tell me about it. The feminine energy that seeps from this forum when you show any doubt or skepticism in this team or any player is nauseating here sometimes...

I like Rose but I don’t care how he feels about giving Tua a new contract. Lamar Jackson chokes in big games in the playoffs and yet the Ravens aren’t talking about getting rid of him for a new QB.

Tua is by far the best QB the Dolphins have had since Marino. It certainly wasn’t his fault the team was decimated by injuries over the latter part of the season.

Hopefully Grier is smarter than Rose in this situation and signs Tua to a new contract before the 2024 starts.
Yep and for all the good he has done for Tua he needs to create a winning identity for the offense to keep Tua strong in big games. McD has to work on the offense this offseason

Back
Top Bottom