Wow Matt Leinart is..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow Matt Leinart is.....

UF Fin Kat said:
:lol: he has a strong arm.

No, I'm not dissing him, I'm a big fan of his and USC, but he is not know for his deep ball and he does not compare to the strong arms in the NFL. But he makes up for it in leadership, accuracy, and intellegence. Very similar to Tom Brady. You need more than just a strong arm in the NFL!

his arm is as strong as the average NFL QB. it's not weak at all. he threw several very accurate deep balls last week. the only reason people say he doesn't have a strong arm is because he didn't throw many deep passes at USC, and when he did, he floated them, but that was because he didn't HAVE to rifle too many passes. and when he did, he did it well.

UF Fin Kat said:
his arm is as strong as the average NFL QB. it's not weak at all. he threw several very accurate deep balls last week. the only reason people say he doesn't have a strong arm is because he didn't throw many deep passes at USC, and when he did, he floated them, but that was because he didn't HAVE to rifle too many passes. and when he did, he did it well.

I can agree with that....I never said he had a weak arm at all...just not exceptionally strong for an NFL QB....but like I said, that is not everything anyway!

Alex44 said:
Almost as good at throwing balls along the line of scrimmage as Tom Brady. :lol: :tongue:

What Im seeing is the exact same thing I saw in the National Championship game, he is great at hitting all these short routes, but does he have the arm to do anything down the field? I dont think so.

Matt Hasselbeck had a bit of a problem throwing short passes against the Bears. Is he not a good QB? He must suck. :tongue: If throwing balls along the line of scrimmage wins Super Bowls, I'll take it.

Leinart has average arm strength but he wins. This is against arguably the top defense in the NFL and he's winning. And he's still a rookie. He's got excellent pocket presence and an innate ability to read defenses. I'd take that over a guy who can throw the long ball but gets sacked often and can't read defenses.

This kid is a beast, sure he might not have a Marino-esque arm but he is going to be great. Any team that has passed on him must be kicking themselves.

:woot: Bears take the lead

Serious Question- Why does Leinart always do well the first quarter and suck the rest of the way

Alex44 said:

Serious Question- Why does Leinart always do well the first quarter and suck the rest of the way
he hasn't sucked at all this game. :shakeno:

and he always does that, eh?

UF Fin Kat said:
he hasn't sucked at all this game. :shakeno:

and he always does that, eh?

Last two games he has thrown 2 TD in the first quarter and done nothing since

Since the first quarter he is 11 of 25 passing.

My question is legit

Alex44 said:

Yes, because getting his *** kicked because his line can't protect him, by the BEST defense in the NFL is a bad thing...

What EXACTLY did Leinart do to get in the position to LOSE this game? All he did was get them in the position to WIN the game.

unifiedtheory said:
Yes, because getting his *** kicked because his line can't protect him, by the BEST defense in the NFL is a bad thing...

What EXACTLY did Leinart do to get in the position to LOSE this game? All he did was get them in the position to WIN the game.

No the defense causing 6 turnovers put them in position to win the game, the WR's breaking tackles and scoring put them in position to win the game

The line blocked very well for most of the night

unifiedtheory said:

you didn't even mention the horribly conservative playcalling.

BTW...your comment about "he only throws short" is CRAP.

Joe Montana threw the ball short, so his recievers were in position to make plays all the way to Canton.

Back
Top Bottom