WOW, O-line now could be our strength | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW, O-line now could be our strength

RockyMtnPhinfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
With the addition of Jonathon Martin we now have a real back bone for our team to grow from. Jake Long, Mike Pouncey and Jonathon Martin form an undeniably strong group to anchor our line. Martin got beat on some inside moves as well as some outside moves but overall did very well at LT. I think working with Jake is going to help him tremendously with transitioning to RT. This is what i have been hoping our team would look like for a few years now. I find it interesting that the year Sparano leaves could be the very year our Oline turns into a strength and not a weakness. I understand that he had a hand in getting Long and Pouncey, but you'd imagine in four years he could get things going along our line. Now, they have some work to do on establishing LT and RT guards and I have a feeling Incognito won't make it this season.

Our OL wasn't as bad as they looked last year. Just Colombo being gone makes it significantly better.

Just replacing Colombo with ANYBODY should save us 10 to 12 sacks a year.

Our OL wasn't as bad as they looked last year. Just Colombo being gone makes it significantly better.

We did give up the 3rd most sacks I believe.

If John Jerry doesn't come out and win the starting RG spot this year I think it's safe to start calling him a bust.

Incognito isnt terrible, as a matter a fact he's been suprisingly solid for us. I would however like to see him placed in his natural position at RG and hope that whoever else we have step in at LT and be decent. The good thing though is whoever our guards are, they'll be sandwhiched between a good Center and Tackle.

Who ever it is that they try at LT/RT Guard better have some get-off because it seems these guys (in line with zone blocking) want linemen that can chip a d-lineman and then slide out and pick up someone at the second level. That is going to take some athletic foot work and quickness.

Moore's biggest criticism was fumbles..although it's a wonder he or the team recovered the majority of them. Let's see how he holds on to the ball without a notorious turnstyle in place.

I just hope we can get Long a contract ASAP. If we get that deal done, we can finally have an OLine to be proud of!

O-line = almost fix'd. Would like to see a more natural center and slide Pouncey over to his stronger postition, but I'll take what we have now over last year (hands down).

We need to solidify the RG position , Its going to be an open competition between Garner, Hicks, Davis (udfa), and Jerry hopefully one of them can do the job.This staff, like mentioned above wants athletic line men that can pull. Hopefully it becomes a position of strength on the team.

I watched highlights of our new OT last year from the Oregon Stanford game. He looked good at times, but was beat many times as well. I am not an OL coach. I hope they made the correct selection here. I thought Adams was a monster in the Senior Bowl, personal issues aside. I would have drafted Adams.

Craplombo was the worst ****ing lineman I think I have ever watch play at Miami. The team mascot could have been better on the right side, his piss poor play affected everything on that side, guard, TE just horrible. If Martin cannot play better than Colombo, every so called “expert” in the NFL and media should resign. This kid instantly makes the right side better, I suspect the guard play will be much improved along the right side just from the point that they don’t have to cover for Craplombo’s deficiencies.

Back
Top Bottom