WOW, O-line now could be our strength | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW, O-line now could be our strength

I got the O line looking like this.

LT - Big Jake
LG - Incog
C - Pouncey
RG - Jerry
RT - Martin

It better be with the number of high picks and amount of money we've invested in it. Colombo created 2 problems. First, he was ****ing horrible (he was horrible in dallas, so I still don't understand why he was brought in). Second, he made RT seem like a huge need that required a high investment to fix, which it doesn't. All it needed was not Colombo.

I want them to sign Jake Scott. I really think he makes it so much less of a worry. If we sign him and move Incognito over to RG, then I'm more comfortable going into the season.

LT: Long
LG: Scott
C: Pouncey
RG: Incognito
RT: Martin

I would like to see what Samuda and Dennis bring to the table. Dennis had a draftable grade and many of us have seen Samuda's videos. Two big guys, one who is already being called the "Dancing Bear", in Samuda.

We did give up the 3rd most sacks I believe. .

We were 30th in giving up sacks with 52 sacks and 95 QB hits.

BUT, by pass attempt, we were dead last in protecting the QB.

So per pass attempt, our QBs were sacked, hit and hurried more then any other team in the NFL.

It is a wonder that Matt Moore also did not go down and that he had the good season that he did.

Replacing Carey and Colombo could help us a lot.

The biggest thing IMO is that we dumped a stiff coaching staff and now have one of the most respected OL coaches in the country.

How could we not right? The guy has more pro-bowls in less time than anyone on this team in 20 years.

That is a simply sad thing. 1st because we have had so few Pro Bowl players and 2nd because I'm not sure how many times Jake Long ever won the Pro Bowl outright instead of being moved up when others were not able to go.

That is a simply sad thing. 1st because we have had so few Pro Bowl players and 2nd because I'm not sure how many times Jake Long ever won the Pro Bowl outright instead of being moved up when others were not able to go.
I think he was an alternate the first year with us, then a starter the second, missed the 2010/2011 probowl selection, and then was selected as a starter last year before being placed on IR the last week of the season. This is an estimated guess from memory.

To address the question below:
Richmond Webb - at the moment. If Long keeps this pace for another 8-9 years it will be Long, in the LONG run hahaha.
The story on Long hasn't been completed so it's Webb because he has a full career to reflect on.

How could we not right? The guy has more pro-bowls in less time than anyone on this team in 20 years.
Popularity contest Pro Bowl appearances are not a reason to sign linemen to insanely large contracts, particularly when they appear to have injury issues.

Better LT, Jake Long or Richmond Webb?

Ask me that again in 5-7 years. :lol:

Richmond was great, but Long has still has a bit of a ways to go before he can reach his status. He's close those. I believe Richmond made it to 7 or 8 Pro Bowls Jake has 4, but he's still in his mid 20s...at or near his peak! If Long continues his dominant ways and stays healthy (knock on wood), he'll be even better than Richmond.

Popularity contest Pro Bowl appearances are not a reason to sign linemen to insanely large contracts, particularly when they appear to have injury issues.

IF anyone deserves a nice contract, it's Jake. He's worked his ass off ever since he's gotten here and has been the anchor of our line for years! Granted, he's had some "knicks" but nothing major and nothing that's kept him out for an extended part of the season. He's just reaching his prime too. I have a feeling his extension will get done...and it doesn't have to be particularly "insane".

Ironic that once the meatball leaves the OL Improves.

When the jests OL starts descending in quality then we'll know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom