Wow !! The New Coaching Staff... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow !! The New Coaching Staff...

Average Tua

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
has like 10 or more super bowl rings between them. Flores has 4 I believe, O'shea 4 , Caldwell 2 and Josh Boyer has 3 holy **** that's 13 right there!!! id say that's pretty unbelievable to have that many rings between all the coaches that will now be coaching are beloved Dolphins.

I think this is shaping up to be a fine staff.

A mix of young, aggressive guys looking to make their mark, and some wise, mature types that have been there, got the tee shirt.

I always had a bad vibe from AG, from the very first time I saw him. I distinctly remember thinking this guy is not HC material. He doesn't command the least but of respect, and his resume does not match what we were being sold by the team/media.

I have a good feeling about it this time around.

I really don't expect much more than a 3-13 record in 2019. By year 2 that win total better at least double to 6-10. Year 3 better have a 10-6 or 9-7 record with a wildcard playoff birth. That is the type of expectations that aren't out of line.
If Shula was hired today you would predict 2 wins. Means nothing what you or I predict.

I really don't expect much more than a 3-13 record in 2019. By year 2 that win total better at least double to 6-10. Year 3 better have a 10-6 or 9-7 record with a wildcard playoff birth. That is the type of expectations that aren't out of line.
My expectations, as well.

Of course, any number of situations could derail the whole plan.

If Flores turns out to be a bum?

If we spend two first rounders to get "our guy", and he's a bust?

I'm with that train. Although, I'd point to year 4 rather than year 3 as the determinative year. My reasoning is that we are planning to tank, which is what a 3 win season would be, tanking. So that is a means to an end, with the end being an elite prospect at QB. Year 4 would represent 3 years of the Flores rebuild after the planned tanking for a QB.

My expectations, as well.

Of course, any number of situations could derail the whole plan.

If Flores turns out to be a bum?

If we spend two first rounders to get "our guy", and he's a bust?

Spending our draft capital on a bust QB will set us back 5 years.
RT wasnt a top QB, just good enough to tease the fans and become a millionaire

Spending our draft capital on a bust QB will set us back 5 years.
RT wasnt a top QB, just good enough to tease the fans and become a millionaire
When would you suggest drafting a quarterback?

That’s what I am looking for too.

I like it. Proven winners, nice mix of youth & experience, gotta be impressed with Flores D.

Can it translate to success? Who the heck knows. You'd have thought the Jimmy J hire would have but we all know how that worked out.

Back
Top Bottom