Wow! Tomorrow 1/4/2020 I hit 38 years being a Miami Dolphins Fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow! Tomorrow 1/4/2020 I hit 38 years being a Miami Dolphins Fan

Christmas Eve 1971, AFC divisional game , Chiefs and Phins at 10 years old I became the first Dolphins fan in my school. Man was it ruff since I live in the land of the Cheeseheads.
I was the exact same ten year old but try maintaining your allegiance in the heart of 70's Steelers country!!

Super Bowl VIII was my first Dolphins game, and I was hooked. My older brother was an avid Vikings fan, and being his dutiful 8-year-old younger brother, had to root for the other team. I've been on this train ever since and have no intention of changing my mind now.

In 72 I was given the choice between going to church or staying home and watch football. Dolphins were on about every weekend and became my team. Two years in I thought winning Super Bowls was an annual event for Dolphin fans...little did I know.

I was there! Section L-22 Row 3 Seat 6! I was 12!

Props to you for actually being there but in the end a bummer due to the result. I cried myself to sleep for hours and to listen to my parents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc. all Redskins fans sing that damn Hail To The Redskins fight song made matters worse.

Scratch that, all of them singing that damn HTTR fight song heavily intoxicated made the matter much worse.

Props to you for actually being there but in the end a bummer due to the result. I cried myself to sleep for hours and to listen to my parents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc. all Redskins fans sing that damn Hail To The Redskins fight song made matters worse.

Scratch that, all of them singing that damn HTTR fight song heavily intoxicated made the matter much worse.

So did I like a little girl weeping on my Pops shoulder. My Pops and my fratello Giovanni-Salvatore are die-hard Bear fans still are. When we lived in Queens, New York my Pops and brother always wore Bears stuff an people would say WTF lives in New York and like a Chicago team! My Pops is still in the Mob to this day, so no one ****ed with him ever not even now or he'll take care you. Capisci. I did not like Bears growing up they scared the **** out of me as a little boy. But, I never knew it was a football team till later in life.

My sister Josephina-Assuntina she loved stuffed animals from the day she was born in '74 till now and so did I. I loved DOLPHINS and have many of them in my house in fact, my house is wall to wall MIAMI DOLPHINS and LOS ANGELES KINGS my 2 favorite teams which I became a fan of since 1983. I used to see them at Forum in Ingelwood had season tickets to 2009 at Staples Center.

My Pops gave me a Super Bowl VII Champions Stuffed Dolphin when I was 2. I was hooked to it and love it so much but, I never understood it was about a football team called the Miami Dolphins until my Pops told me the story and from 1983 to now I worship this team everyday win or lose for 38 years. That's what being a fanatic is all about.

It all started on 1/4/1983 (Age 12). They clinched the #2 seed in AFC (Remember back in those days there were 8 seeds) I was excited to see them play after going 7-2 in a strike shorten season as I never had chance to watch them before I guess I was out of market back then. I did watch them beat the Patriots, Chargers, and Jets to go to the Super Bowl in Pasadena, CA. I lived in Rialto, CA when they went and I went to that Super Bowl on January 30, 1983 versus the Redskins where we loss 27-17. My Pops took me and he told me the story of 1972 Dolphins and when I was 2 he gave me a Super Bowl VII Champions Stuffed Toy Dolphin but I was too young to understand when we lived in Queens, New York. (I LOVE DOLPHINS and I never till 1/4/1983 there was a team in the NFL). Boy, how time flies by so quickly. This year, I hit 50 in May.

How old were you guys and gals when you became a fan?
I liked the dolphins of all years in 72, and only
Because of the dolphins on the helmet , knew nothing about football, it all seemed just like yesterday, damn bring a young Marino back,how many yards could he have thrown for

Back
Top Bottom