WOW!! Tour De France News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW!! Tour De France News

Jeez bad news for the tour Numbers 1-3 from last year will not ride.

Wow, thats a shocker...both favorites are gone......so little publicity and excitement now going forward....its wide open for someone to take over "Lance's Little Bike Race".

NJFINSFAN1 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/5732336?FSO2&ATT=MA

Basso, Ullrich kicked out of Tour de France

STRASBOURG, France (AP) - A doping scandal knocked Tour de France favorites Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso out of the race Friday and threw the world's most glamorous cycling event into chaos.

Enlight of all the Lance Armstrong stuff, this is huge!!!!

Wow, just finished watching Germany beat the Argies and thought I'd see what's up here, but THIS is the biggest news by FAR!! Good find!

Actually, I'm still trying to convince myself this news is for real...

ckb2001 said:
Wow, just finished watching Germany beat the Argies and thought I'd see what's up here, but THIS is the biggest news by FAR!! Good find!

Actually, I'm still trying to convince myself this news is for real...

Yeah, I know not a lot of people are into biking, I'm not into road riding, although I do watch the tour de france, its amazing what they do. I'm a Mountain Biker.

But I have read Armstrongs book, and like Alonzo Morning felt, the book did uplift me and I found it a very inspirational book.

And with the witch hunt against Armstrong by Pound and others, I really felt this was a shock to find this two guys guilty.

Now your next question will be do I think Armstrong used steriods or something like it. I think it would be hard for him not to have been on something fighting back from cancer like he did. Do I think he used it before and during the Tour? NO

I think the guy just has an iron will.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yeah, I know not a lot of people are into biking, I'm not into road riding, although I do watch the tour de france, its amazing what they do. I'm a Mountain Biker.

But I have read Armstrongs book, and like Alonzo Morning felt, the book did uplift me and I found it a very inspirational book.

And with the witch hunt against Armstrong by Pound and others, I really felt this was a shock to find this two guys guilty.

Now your next question will be do I think Armstrong used steriods or something like it. I think it would be hard for him not to have been on something fighting back from cancer like he did. Do I think he used it before and during the Tour? NO

I think the guy just has an iron will.

As with all allegations, one needs proof in the end to determine what happened. And since Tour officials test for doping before and after the event (and even during) AND no evidence has as of yet implicated Armstrong, I think the only fair conclusion so far is Armstrong is not guilty of doping, at least during the Tour.

Yes, he has an iron will, but he also has unique physical capabilities to help him win this thing.

Now, Basso is a real threat to win this thing a few times too. A silver lining to this story is it takes away one potential Tour win for Basso, making it less likely for him to challenge Armstrong's record (records are made to be broken and someday I expect someone to do that with Armstrong's too.)

Still, a shocker of a story!!

I lived in a suburb of Brussels, Belgium in 1970 and got to see the greatest cyclist of all-time: Eddie Merckx. He lived right down the street from my grandma.

molteniared_th-1.jpg

Nappy Roots said:
personally i believe he used steriods or a form of steriod

Not sure, personally, I always thought HGH or Blood-Doping (cycling in cleaner blood transfusions) would make more sense for him then Steriods....but yeah, its just so hard to think its all God-Given without at least alittle help from the local pharmacist if you know what I mean.

Lance should come out of retirement just to stick it to the Frenchies once more. :lol:

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Not sure, personally, I always thought HGH or Blood-Doping (cycling in cleaner blood transfusions) would make more sense for him then Steriods....but yeah, its just so hard to think its all God-Given without at least alittle help from the local pharmacist if you know what I mean.

well thats why i said some form of steriod...like hgh etc.

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Ullrich get on Armstrong's bad side once for accusing him of doping? And now this?

:tsk:

RWhitney014 said:
If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Ullrich get on Armstrong's bad side once for accusing him of doping? And now this?

:tsk:

Yes I believe do.

This is kind of like baseball, the witch hunt against Bonds (Armstrong) and everyone else getting caught!

You have to believe someplace right now in Texas, Armstrong is sitting on his back porch with a beer in his hand laughing his @$$ off!!!!

Back
Top Bottom