WOW!! Tour De France News | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW!! Tour De France News

Chavez Ravine said:
I don't think comparing mlb's drug policy to cycling's drug policy is legit. It seems like cycling's policy is much stricter, plus lance has been in more than one olympics correct?

Also the thing that is scary in this case is that they are kicked out not because they failed a test but because they were associated with known drug dealer.

it doesnt matter. During Lances run, there were no tests available for HGH(and other steriods/anabolic/human growth) in either sport

I once interviewed Andy Hampsten, a great Tour cyclist and he told me that the levels of doping that were going on in the sport were way ahead of the Cycling authorities testing processes.

Boomer said:
I once interviewed Andy Hampsten, a great Tour cyclist and he told me that the levels of doping that were going on in the sport were way ahead of the Cycling authorities testing processes.

Thats a great point, and sadly Boomer, we can all agree this seems to be the case regardless of the sport.

Much like society in general, it seems those that want to break the laws (or rules) often have a leg up in comparison to the methods being used to stop or prevent them.

Nappy Roots said:
all the drug tests bonds and many other baseball players are wrong?

:lol: what drug tests?

Those aren't drug tests... they're quizes.

Question 1.
Do you take steroids.

A. No
B. No
C. No
D All of the above.

Congratulations! you passed!!

WharfRat said:
:lol: what drug tests?

Those aren't drug tests... they're quizes.

Question 1.
Do you take steroids.

A. No
B. No
C. No
D All of the above.

Congratulations! you passed!!

:rolleyes2

yea.....ok

Does anyone think Floyd Landis can win this thing? What he did today was almost as impressive as anything Lance did. Well almost. :)

ohall said:
Does anyone think Floyd Landis can win this thing? What he did today was almost as impressive as anything Lance did. Well almost. :)

He has a very good chance, the mountains (Like Lance) is the strongest part of his ride. It is very impressive since he needs hip replacement surgery!!

Man, first soccer threads, now a cycling thread . . FinHeaven is the truth. While I was over in Germany, I managed to swing over to Spa (Trois Punds), Belgium to watch the 4th stage I believe (Spending July 4th in Belgium was kinda funny), lol waited out there for about 5 hours, got a bunch of free stuff from advertisers and watched Landis, Hencapie and company fly by in less than 10 seconds and that was it, was crazy. REally no big names in this years Tour, with Basso and Ullrich out, man Germans were looking sick when Ullrich was not gonna compete, but name to watch outside of Landis would be Kloden IMO, with T-Mobile, I think he will do some things in the Alps and the final Time Trial to atleast get on the podium.

Boomer said:
I'll be very surprised if Armstrong was drug free.

And I'm not French.

We will never know . . one thing for certain, he won the thing 7 times, and its not like drugs make u that much better. He still was a gifted athlete who most likely IMO did take some kind of enhancement, and he got out when he was told the rules would be stricter, I mean that is just my opinion. But then again, maybe he was drug free, we just don't know.

Boomer said:

Hey Boomer lemme ask u something . . From what I have heard, basically why Ullrich and Basso got suspended was not really from taking any kind of sterioids . . but because I guess they take out red blood cells while training or something of that nature, store them away, and then train excessively, build them back and then put the old red blood cells back in, and that is considered illegal in the sport?? Am I correct in saying that . . and that is the reason they got suspended?

Kdawg954 said:
Hey Boomer lemme ask u something . . From what I have heard, basically why Ullrich and Basso got suspended was not really from taking any kind of sterioids . . but because I guess they take out red blood cells while training or something of that nature, store them away, and then train excessively, build them back and then put the old red blood cells back in, and that is considered illegal in the sport?? Am I correct in saying that . . and that is the reason they got suspended?

It was not steriods, but a form of doping from what I understand

NJFINSFAN1 said:
It was not steriods, but a form of doping from what I understand

yea i'm guessing that red blood cell thing they do is what they consider "doping", I thought it was drugs when u say "doping" but a guy was explaining to me what the process is and why the big name riders got suspended.

Kdawg954 said:

They apparently did take banned drugs, along with blood transfusions:

"Late Thursday night, Spanish authorities sent race organizers more than 40 pages summarizing police investigations into a ring that allegedly supplied riders and other athletes with banned drugs, doping expertise and performance-enhancing blood transfusions."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13559903/

On another note, today's performance by Landis (you guys know he is Amish?) was very important as far as his chances are concerned. His biggest competitor is Andreas Kloden, who lost another 1 minute 30 seconds on Landis!

So, if Landis gets by the other mountain stages without losing much (he actually leads by enough to ride a bit defensive if he wants to), we may just have another American win this French race :cooldude:

Kdawg954 said:
We will never know . . one thing for certain, he won the thing 7 times, and its not like drugs make u that much better. He still was a gifted athlete who most likely IMO did take some kind of enhancement, and he got out when he was told the rules would be stricter, I mean that is just my opinion. But then again, maybe he was drug free, we just don't know.
he got out because he won the thing 7 times...he wants to go out on top...also he wants to spend more time with his kids... if the rules did not get stricter then he would of retired imo...also the French will say anything to make Armstrong look bad...like he said they dont like the fact that an American got there records...

Back
Top Bottom