WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

I thought he was more of a possession guy. Didn’t know how fast and passionate he was.

Actually a little more money than I thought it was going to be but I'm assuming his first year cap hit isn't bad and we'll have more than enough money in 2019 and 2020.

However, I like that this puts emphasis on a core of WR's. Taking away Landry is like removing the training wheels from a bike, it needed to happen to get to another level.

Training wheels off.

Afterburners engaged.

Wow, it didn't take long for Wilson and Gase to make a lot of armchair GM's look pretty stupid. :lol: Dolfans gonna dolfan! :rolleyes:

How do you pay 8 mil a year to a guy who’s best year is 40 catches. I’m just baffled the nfl has gotten out of control is like there playing with Monopoly money.

LOL to anyone who likes this signing... 8 Mil a year for this scrub? can get the same production with one of our 4th round picks. But hey he has a great attitude so lets give him a salary that puts him in the top ten highest paid slot receivers in the NFL

This is not the kind of move you make if you're rebuilding. Freaking Tannenbaum has no idea what he's doing, one minute he's cutting our best player to "save money" while throwing away 22mil in dead cap, the next minute he's making another win-now move. First Quinn, now this.

I'm sorry, but these moves simply do not make sense together unless you're trying to sabotage the team.

Based on what. 8 million a year for a guy who has done basically nothing

The succeeded. Nothing like paying a below average journeyman wr 8 million a year to do it

I'm not sure how you feel it's the same result Wilson at his best is a 40 to 50 catch guy. He is not a good football player and never has been

I can't believe people are mindlessly trying to rationalize signing Albert friggin Wilson.

WTF has this guy done to warrant $8mm per year? We already have a speedy midget on the team - adding another one? This team is a couple of cuts away (Jones, Wake) from getting beaten in the trenches in the Lingerie League on weekly basis. Welcome to the new era of the Miami Dolphins - the pussification era. Mike Tannenbaum is a mother ****ing asshat.

This is why this team will never win. They won't pay a guy like Landry 14mil a year but they will pay this guy 8mil a year for half the production. Just fvcking sign your own guy who was one of like 3 good players on this roster.

How is a player that has 7 tds compared with Landry 22, 1544 yards compared with Landry 4038 which computes for 30 to 38% of Landrys productivity over the same span, worth almost 60% of what Landry requested???????? Stupid coach and stupid front office. We are a joke! He is far from a Kenny Stills and still got almost the same money. I would be surprised if we score more points than 5 other teams next season.

8 ****ing million for this guy? That is a massive overpay.

With losing Landry and Suh, it lessened the blow a bit thinking the fins are doing an actual rebuild. But that's not what's happening. Trader Mike just needed to free up space to do what he does in FA. You don't pay Quinn and Albert like that if you're taking it down to the studs.

Losing your best players so you can overspend on mediocre ... this should go exactly as expected.

The guy has been in the league for 4 years, gets 40 catches a year and is being paid like a WR2. He is a scrub

Wilson touched the ball three times against the Raiders

One touch was a 74 yard receiving touchdown and another touch was a 52 yard passing touchdown

Grant and Wilson have busted this offense wide open with insane speed and big play ability. Wilson's ability to also play the option as a passer and a runner makes him worth every penny. He likely would have been a household name in Kansas City if Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce weren't all ahead of him. Talented player buried on the depth chart getting his shot in Miami.

Wow, it didn't take long for Wilson and Gase to make a lot of armchair GM's look pretty stupid. :lol: Dolfans gonna dolfan! :rolleyes:

Huh I don't even remember ranting about Wilson. Was Amendola signed before Wilson? Because the thing that pissed me off was the fact we signed both of them at Landry #s and I figured there was no way both of them would see extensive play time.

Apparently Amendola was signed the Wednesday before Wilson.

I was also way off on Quinn, he's been a beast.

guys, keep on mind that everyone here has been wrong about a player or a coach in the past. No need to throw that on everyone's face. I liked pretty much all the free agent moves we made but as far as the draft I wanted Goedert. Time will tell on that one but I'm ok with Gesicki.
I'm sure I've been wrong on players before. Lets just be happy Wilson and the other guys are making plays.

Back
Top Bottom